Alliance High Elves Should be a Playable Race

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 39 Next
i dont think the devs realize what a staple to the game RPers are. might not be as many as there are PVE'ers or PVP'ers but it's a constant and they dont have to be molly coddled. just give 'em the races they want and some transmog/cosmetic options and off they go! ya dont have to balance their mechanics or provide them with awesome endgame contents. kinda silly to ignore 'em. i'd be heavily investing in what the RPers wanted. silly game companies.
05/07/2018 08:03 PMPosted by Maeveh
Anti-HElfers respond to that with "well then they aren't REAL High Elves" in some shape or form. They are real High Elves. They have expanded lore to make sure they don't infringe on Blood Elves, model-wise, and to give them reasoning enough to become a playable allied race. That's the whole reason why you don't want them to become playable: they look too much like Blood Elves. In resolving that, you still say it isn't good enough. To be honest, it feels like people are kicking their feet about it just to say no and be spiteful, and that anything pro-Helfers say will simply not be good enough for them. The forums in the days following the Q&A were swarmed with threads celebrating the mere fact that Ion said no (and the famous "just join Horde" comment).

It's essentially this observation that stopped me from really pursuing the 'lets make them look different' path.
The anti people that comment the most are simply trolls in some rare cases (want their salt) and others are simply implacable in their position. They state the need for changes but yet none are ever good enough to satisfy them. So why bother?
Blood Elves and High Elves are the same species.
Let 'em look mostly the same with some variant customization options.
As another poster stated - as soon as the high elves were added in TBC (allerian stronghold) and Wrath (Silver Covenant) and onwards - the idea that the Blood Elf 'model' was exclusive to the Horde is simply ludicrous and unfounded. High Elves may not have been playable, but they have been on the Alliance side of the conflict as well.
No need to make them super different, beyond maybe their heritage armor.

It's not how they look in armor in the end as to why they should be included - it's their story. That's why they should be included in the Alliance.
05/07/2018 09:15 PMPosted by Gothic
Im here to show my support for alliance high elves as a playable race!
Alleria.

https://bit.ly/2K3dHK6
Hey guys! Glad to see were still rolling.

I support High Elves as an allied race!

Void Elves were merely a set back!
05/07/2018 08:35 PMPosted by Maeveh
05/07/2018 08:29 PMPosted by Meurqi

+1

Out of curiosity, why do you feel this way? Why should the Alliance not receive High Elves, and why should the Horde in essence receive them instead?

IMO, it wouldn't make sense: Blood Elves are already getting a golden eye option to reflect the the purification of the Sunwell, and the cleansing of their Fel corruption. High Elves and Blood Elves make it very clear that they are distinct from each other, as well. They are different factions and are ultimately hostile to one another outside from the occasional ambassador.

Because 1) the Sunwell is powered by arcane and holy energy. This is a fact and the eye color should reflect that.
2) Ion literally said maybe we’ll get blue eye contact lenses in the future.
There’s nothing wrong with being optimistic with this reality.
If you to praise the light and visit our Sunwell, the Sin’dorei is waiting for you. We will consider all High Elves who want to rejoin our ranks with loving arms.
New thread? Cool, poking it with my support as usual, hope the bloodshed here isn't too horrid.
05/07/2018 09:43 PMPosted by Adregore
lets make high elves black. Would you want them still if they were only black?
Like African looking? I think I'd enjoy them more honestly.

There are some model ideas out there that have that Akida from Atlantis vibe. <3

Yea, I was actually hoping for this to happen as a skin tone option.

Then I can RP as the Water Tribe from Avatar.
05/07/2018 09:41 PMPosted by Highelven

If you to praise the light and visit our Sunwell, the Sin’dorei is waiting for you. We will consider all High Elves who want to rejoin our ranks with loving arms.

You know this isn't what people want. He literally said that Blood Elves being available as a High Elf archetype does not mean that we can't have them in the future. Creating this account just so you can troll people did nothing to change that. You might make someone mad and you got this reply but that's your limit. We haven't even hit our final form.

the skin color seems to the biggest difference between void elves and potential high elves.

another good reason to have void elves not high elves, get some racial diversity going
Ion literally said
Ion isn't your dad.... he is just an employee for a company.
05/07/2018 09:54 PMPosted by Wyspers

You know this isn't what people want. He literally said that Blood Elves being available as a High Elf archetype does not mean that we can't have them in the future. Creating this account just so you can troll people did nothing to change that. You might make someone mad and you got this reply but that's your limit. We haven't even hit our final form.
I don’t care what you think, the fact of the matter is Ion said maybe blue contact lenses in the future. That is more than enough evidence to back up support for blue eyes for Blood Elves.
05/07/2018 09:58 PMPosted by Caledonii
Ion literally said
Ion isn't your dad.... he is just an employee for a company.

And if Ion said High Elves were being worked on you'd be quoting him like scripture
05/07/2018 09:57 PMPosted by Húntrér

the skin color seems to the biggest difference between void elves and potential high elves.

another good reason to have void elves not high elves, get some racial diversity going

Diversity? We have that skin tone in Night Elves already. And guess what? Purple tones are not earth tones. We want earth tones. That means the color of melanin, whether that is in low concentrations (fair skin) or high concentrations (brown skin), not more and more purple.

have you seen the art? the darkest one, the black one, was the best one of all.
it had stark white hair with a top knot, brilliant blue eyes and an asian beard. thing was awesome in the female and male version. and i would make one in a heartbeat, of each gender. the guy was as cool looking as the girl.

but let me ask you this: why are you personally, worried about fleshtones?