Alliance High Elves Should be a Playable Race

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 39 Next
05/07/2018 10:00 PMPosted by Highelven
I don’t care what you think, the fact of the matter is Ion said maybe blue contact lenses in the future. That is more than enough evidence to back up support for blue eyes for Blood Elves.

Yes, you do care what I think. A lot. You made an entire account with that name because of it. Blue eyed belfs is fine with me. Blood Elves deserve a major rework before High Elves are introduced.
I don’t care what you think, the fact of the matter is Ion said maybe blue contact lenses in the future. That is more than enough evidence to back up support for blue eyes for Blood Elves.

Yes, you do care what I think. A lot. You made an entire account with that name because of it. Blue eyed belfs is fine with me.
how nu are you? I’ve been Highelven posting for almost a month
05/07/2018 10:00 PMPosted by Aellom
05/07/2018 09:57 PMPosted by Húntrér

the skin color seems to the biggest difference between void elves and potential high elves.

another good reason to have void elves not high elves, get some racial diversity going

Diversity? We have that skin tone in Night Elves already. And guess what? Purple tones are not earth tones. We want earth tones. That means the color of melanin, whether that is in low concentrations (fair skin) or high concentrations (brown skin), not more and more purple.
Don't forget about the blue Draenei, as well.

Alliance have now THREE BLUE skinned races, I can call this many things, but diversity isn't one of those.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

the skin color seems to the biggest difference between void elves and potential high elves.

another good reason to have void elves not high elves, get some racial diversity going

Diversity? We have that skin tone in Night Elves already. And guess what? Purple tones are not earth tones. We want earth tones. That means the color of melanin, whether that is in low concentrations (fair skin) or high concentrations (brown skin), not more and more purple.

i'm just commenting on lots of people specifically calling for blue eyed blood elves, which would be likely light skinned blonde (or black haired) types, considering that blood elves are already only light skinned and how blue eyes are distributed amongst human beings.

there seems to be a racial tone to it

The whole contacts thing was a joke. As in, when Warcraft gets to modern-day levels of technology and medicine, when contacts are invented, then maybe blue eyes. It was a joke in poor taste, imo.

Not everything Ion says is 100% literal. The man does have humor, sometimes.
05/07/2018 10:08 PMPosted by Maeveh

The whole contacts thing was a joke. As in, when Warcraft gets to modern-day levels of technology and medicine, when contacts are invented, then maybe blue eyes. It was a joke in poor taste, imo.

Sadly it’s more realistic than Alliance getting Highelves.
05/07/2018 10:08 PMPosted by Archmage

Alliance have now THREE BLUE skinned races, I can call this many things, but diversity isn't one of those.

Indeed, it's like they said to themselves "the Alliance team color is blue, therefore every race must be blue or purplish blue at the very least!"

It would be like the Horde having three races that were red or pink.
05/07/2018 10:08 PMPosted by Archmage
05/07/2018 10:00 PMPosted by Aellom

Four if you include Worgen.

... Says a Blue furred Worgen.

Still more likely than the Alliance getting High Elves.
05/07/2018 10:10 PMPosted by Highelven

Sadly it’s more realistic than Alliance getting Highelves.

Thank you for your support on High Elves for the Alliance!
05/07/2018 10:08 PMPosted by Húntrér

i'm just commenting on lots of people specifically calling for blue eyed blood elves, which would be likely light skinned blonde (or black haired) types.

would ya quit with that stupid strawman. we have been calling, for weeks now, for fleshtones like humans have, from ivory to black, from white hair to black hair, for 3 freakin eye colors. for weeks. and you all just come in trying to make us feel bad that we want elves because some are blonde or blue eyed.. wtfreak is wrong with you? you're making people with blue eyes in real life, feel like they should be ashamed for even being born. wtfreak is wrong with ya?
05/07/2018 10:13 PMPosted by Curemaster

The twelve of you that are left seemed like you could use it.

i'm just commenting on lots of people specifically calling for blue eyed blood elves, which would be likely light skinned blonde (or black haired) types.

would ya quit with that stupid strawman. we have been calling, for weeks now, for fleshtones like humans have, from ivory to black, from white hair to black hair, for 3 freakin eye colors. for weeks. and you all just come in trying to make us feel bad that we want elves because some are blonde or blue eyed.. wtfreak is wrong with you? you're making people with blue eyes in real life, feel like they should be ashamed for even being born. wtfreak is wrong with ya?

most of the posts i see are for blue eyed blood elves. the vast majority. i've barely seen any posts calling for any of the specific things you have described, if any.

it's not a strawman, it's purely what i have seen
05/07/2018 10:13 PMPosted by Curemaster
05/07/2018 10:10 PMPosted by Highelven
...Sadly it’s more realistic than Alliance getting Highelves.

You’re welcome darling!
/hairflip
05/07/2018 10:15 PMPosted by Húntrér

most of the posts i see are for blue eyed blood elves. the vast majority. i've barely seen any posts calling for any of the specific things you have described, if any.

Then you haven't been here very long. Pity.. we have put a lot of hard work on different concepts and designs to please those that felt thay a different model needed to be used. Then that wasn't good enough, because then it would supposedly break lore with blood elves because they'd be different.

In the end, it's not about pleasing them.. it's about pleasing Blizzard enough to make the a possible future. They can be very different with skin tones, model shapes, animations just like any other allied race. This is what we've been calling for for months.

I think that this is simply a spin. The "racial tone" is when people like Ion reduced the entire pro High Elf argument to "you are racist and that is the only reason that you want them" even as we are waving our fanart in his face with figurative "big red arrows" pointing to the variation in skin tones.

This was brushed off so readily and the racism strawman pushed so heavily because none of the anti arguments really hold any water. It all boils down to appeals to emotion by certain people who want a monopoly on one race for their faction, even though the lore doesn't support said monopoly.

Yes, you do care what I think. A lot. You made an entire account with that name because of it. Blue eyed belfs is fine with me.
how nu are you? I’ve been Highelven posting for almost a month

Just to clarify I don't mean me specifically. I meant in the general sense. Yes I know you made that account only for posting on this topic. I hope you get a blue eyed option if that's something you really want.
05/07/2018 10:15 PMPosted by Húntrér

it hasnt been that way for weeks now! weeks. we even asked for brown eyes and green eyes. just the non glowy kind cause they weened themselves off the need for the sunwell for the most part. just normal eyes with whites to them.

dang. you're going to ruin the game.
I don't mind not having them this expansion because lets face it that ship has already sailed (Void Elves).
But I hope blizzard adds them at some point, maybe when the race pool is much larger in the game?

If we can't have them ever, can blizzard stop shoving the Silver Covenant in our faces every expansion?
Seriously if you want to talk about identity between Alliance and Horde why are they still around?