BFA Feral Feedback

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
Prev 1 48 49 50 76 Next
08/21/2018 04:51 PMPosted by Eturnity
Feel like feral is in a pretty good spot right now. My buddy tells me nothing but good things about their DPS right now

Your "friend" has told you no such things, and is playing guardian because of how feral is.
Continuing, Berserk is such a bad offensive Cd, any chance that it might increase our energy regen a bit?, As well, please, i beg you, make berserk stays up when you change the form, countless times i needed to change form to cast a regrowth to buff my bleed damage via bloodtalon (first time), only to see berserk buff vanishing.
Lots and lots of kitty licks coming your way blizzard.

YIPPIE!
08/21/2018 01:04 PMPosted by Kaivax
We're currently working through a tuning package for Feral Druids.

Specifically, we're adjusting Feral performance relative to other specs in dungeons and questing. Please know: we've been reading all of the incoming feedback and keeping a close eye on player results in-game.

Thank you for all of this feedback. Much of it has been very useful in determining the substance of this adjustment.

This is something that we're testing carefully, and probably won't be finished and available to put into the live game until later this week. I'll let you know as soon as we have final numbers, and I'll post about it a final time when it goes live.
From one of the more critical voices in this thread, thank you. Recognition of the issues, and action are so very much appreciated. Especially at this point of play where Feral are desperate ♥

In thoughts of further improvements when it comes to talents, the current iteration of BT simply needs to go. The subjectively cancerous gameplay has segregated the Feral playerbase, along with the introduction of the DD/Bleed subspec issue, which is essentially by far, the biggest problem Feral faces in tuning for any content. SR is just a maintenance buff, while it performs well, it doesn't include excitement to the spec.

BT is simply in the exact position we had with Soul Effigy. Please consider similar actions.

Bring Feral to an enjoyable base spec, that is focused on bleeds (and not just 7.3 DD) with all it's functionality needed (that is without the current BT). Bring talents into the picture that augment the playstyle, while also making them suitably tunable against each tier, and avoiding creep as we had in the pre-7.3 where BT/SR/JW essentially fed from each other.
The Brutal Slash build at the end of legion was absolutely amazing. I was finally able to play and enjoy feral, and still compete well, without having to manage Ravage Roar and Blood Talons. I don't expect to do as well as a skilled player using those talents, but I do still want to do reasonably well.

Right now, that isn't the case.
Hope balance gets some love as well.
I'm worried bleeds will be nerfed and direct damage will be buffed to recreate us being half-baked rogues.
Stay positive guys.
08/21/2018 07:11 PMPosted by Demonå
Stay positive guys.

It's hard to when the direction of the spec can shift at any moment.
08/21/2018 05:48 PMPosted by Rockford
The subjectively cancerous gameplay has segregated the Feral playerbase, along with the introduction of the DD/Bleed subspec issue, which is essentially by far, the biggest problem Feral faces in tuning for any content

It's not an issue. Bloodtalons is fine, DD was bad. If anything BT should go baseline to further cement bleed spec as being the only way to play Feral.
08/21/2018 07:23 PMPosted by Morthra
It's not an issue. Bloodtalons is fine, DD was bad. If anything BT should go baseline to further cement bleed spec as being the only way to play Feral.
So you've gone to the typical binary decision without the recognition of the core problems of Feral! This whole subspec BS is the the issue! When will people like yourself and Dreamgrove recognise that maintaining tuning around a separate DD/Bleed build is damaging the spec as a whole while segregating those players who dislike one or the other depending on what is tuned positively at the time.

As you've repeatedly ignored, I'm not calling for the return of the DD build! I'm wanting a baseline bleed build while redesigning BT effects so they're enjoyable to run with. But no, you want that PoS talent, an in doing so, !@#$ing over the spec in the process!!!
breathe
Tuning damage would be great but having feral play smoother would be a major benefit. Using SoTF and Moc is good for quicker play but still bogs down.

I don't understand why my Feral Druid is running out of energy all the time, on the animal planet i've never seen a lion take breaks inbetween killing a gazelle. They don't bleed up and watch for a min then smack em with a paw and then bite. Wait longer then come back in for a thrash to the face to end it. Watch panthers, lions and cheetahs take down their prey and you'll know how to balance Feral.

But in all honesty, a much smoother gameplay would be amazing. Increasing energy regen, reducing energy costs, improving damage.. this is what I feel will make the difference. Talents overall seem balanced although the core of feral is where it hurts.
08/21/2018 07:23 PMPosted by Morthra
08/21/2018 05:48 PMPosted by Rockford
The subjectively cancerous gameplay has segregated the Feral playerbase, along with the introduction of the DD/Bleed subspec issue, which is essentially by far, the biggest problem Feral faces in tuning for any content

I think the fact that both Bleed-focused players and folks who prefer direct damage are so passionate about both sides of Feral really speaks to just how critical it is that the spec's versatility be preserved.

Contrary to the belief that "there can only be one way to play Feral", I think that if both playstyles were equally rewarding, it'd be a net benefit to the specialization and the class as a whole.
08/21/2018 07:47 PMPosted by Kaelron
I think the fact that both Bleed-focused players and folks who prefer direct damage are so passionate about both sides of Feral really speaks to just how critical it is that the spec's versatility be preserved.
Oh, absolutely agree. We can't come to a conclusion of BT and !@#$ the rest of everyone. Likewise, Feral can't become a straight DD. Bleed is it's niche, and we need to work on a comprimise of having an enjoyable gameplay for both parties. Though while we have talents like BT, we are going to have this issue of the spec flopping back and forth.

There needs to be a middle ground that appeals to all players of Feral. Saying DD/Bleed or GTFO is not the way for the spec to move forward.
08/21/2018 07:47 PMPosted by Olfis
But in all honesty, a much smoother gameplay would be amazing. Increasing energy regen, reducing energy costs, improving damage.. this is what I feel will make the difference.
Very much agree, while the build you've suggested does currently help in the spec's feel, the energy regen as a whole makes the gameplay feel like a car running out of fuel. And no one wants that.

The smooth gameplay is absolutely something that should be a goal for Feral design.
I’d just apply a 35-45% damage and healing mod aura and be done with it. That would be a good package.

Why you ask? Many of the talents in place already resolve the complaints in this thread.

A common complaint is about resource generation, if you play Soul of the Forest that resolves the issue two fold, as bleeds last longer and you have more energy. If you did sufficient damage with that talent (35-45% buff aura) then the less hardcore players are happy.

Same goes with BrS, guess what if you were doing acceptable damage you would probably not be complaining even if it’s slightly less “smooth” than legion.

Want to play a tight rotation that requires effort well JW still exists and does more, you’re not forced to play it.

AoE not good? Its okay now you’re a ST niche class, with okay aoe.

The thinking and sunk hours in the development cycle are not wasted, they are indeed the brilliant ramblings of a madman.

So just apply a damage and healing aura and you’re done. make sure you get that healing buff the sustain would be nice
08/21/2018 07:22 PMPosted by Tewdee
08/21/2018 07:11 PMPosted by Demonå
Stay positive guys.

It's hard to when the direction of the spec can shift at any moment.

Of course it can shift! It's a druid!

...I'll see myself out.
08/21/2018 01:04 PMPosted by Kaivax
We're currently working through a tuning package for Feral Druids.

Specifically, we're adjusting Feral performance relative to other specs in dungeons and questing. Please know: we've been reading all of the incoming feedback and keeping a close eye on player results in-game.

Thank you for all of this feedback. Much of it has been very useful in determining the substance of this adjustment.

This is something that we're testing carefully, and probably won't be finished and available to put into the live game until later this week. I'll let you know as soon as we have final numbers, and I'll post about it a final time when it goes live.

Please make sure they remove the 50% bonus haste before they do the re-tuning.
Without doing that we'll just need adjusting again in the future and there will be a lot of upset players who've collected all the haste gear they can.
08/21/2018 04:49 PMPosted by Bgeezy
Seriously why can't blizzard let druids suck for once.

And yet no shaman have ever been kicked from normals because lolshaman. Or kicked from heroics or completely denied access to normal mythics because the damage output was that bad.

Ferals are. Feral is in such a bad way that the spec was not going to be viable in endgame.
Feral is fine.