BFA Feral Feedback

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
Prev 1 51 52 53 76 Next
08/22/2018 11:16 AMPosted by Seph
Going to send a hotfix soon to fix this. Berserk should persist through shapeshifting, same as Tiger's Fury and Incarnation: King of the Jungle. Thanks for pointing it out.

Any plans to increase Berserk's power at all? In current pre-raid sims, not bothering to cast Berserk in a 5 minute fight is only a 1.1% DPS loss.

It has a reasonably good placebo effect, as we get to spam attacks while it's up and avoid the pain of waiting for energy to regen, but it's not leading to a significant increase in DPS output like you'd expect from a DPS cooldown.
08/22/2018 09:11 AMPosted by Rockford
The best in the world, suggesting we all suck it up and reroll! About time their worth is shown. Have them suggest ways to improve BT from the cumbersome PoS it is now. Smooth, not intrusive of utility and enjoyable to the spec that deserves it's place as a baseline ability. I want Feral to be Bleed centric without the segregation of it's playerbase. Which is something we both need for this spec.
The problem that you have is simple - you haven't learned how to do it. If you had taken the time to learn how to do it rather than complain about it you'd find that your opinion of the bleed spec rotation as it stands right this second IS SMOOTH, its NOT intrusive, and it's not only extremely enjoyable but it is one of the most, if not the most, rewarding specs to play in the game.

So when people say suck it up or get good - please take that to heart. Spend some time reading and then re-reading your talents. Practice on a dummy, try different talent combinations - which I might add change rather drastically based on different stat weights (I know this shouldn't be rocket science but damn).

If you want to run in and hit one button and do amazing AoE dps, then perhaps (not to be mean) try Ret, Fury, pick your rogue, or enhance, DH. Please leave the only remaining class in WoW that involves a player to actually play alone. This is yet again a situation where - who really gives a flying !@#$ about mobs that die in 10 seconds. In M+'s where trash live long enough that rip means something, our cleave damage is absolutely awesome.

If Blizzard buff's feral to the point that it effects single target - everyone is going to run to the forums and complain how OP we are because we're already near top single target dps. With the right azurite traits and trinkets, I'm consistently sitting at +30% haste (often at 54% haste) right this second and we haven't even gotten to the first raid. What is this going to be like near the end of the expansion - 70 to 90% haste? Mark my words - this "tuning pass" if done incorrectly is going to not only get undone but when it does it will be worse than what we have now. This is how Blizzard knee jerk reacts to things.
Two blue post in one thread?

https://youtu.be/8GyVx28R9-s
we're already near top single target dps

What? We’re literally the opposite of that.
08/22/2018 12:41 PMPosted by Oloo
The problem that you have is simple - you haven't learned how to do it. If you had taken the time to learn how to do it rather than complain about it you'd find that your opinion of the bleed spec rotation as it stands right this second IS SMOOTH, its NOT intrusive, and it's not only extremely enjoyable but it is one of the most, if not the most, rewarding specs to play in the game.

So when people say suck it up or get good - please take that to heart. Spend some time reading and then re-reading your talents. Practice on a dummy, try different talent combinations - which I might add change rather drastically based on different stat weights (I know this shouldn't be rocket science but damn).

You weren't addressing me, but:

I know how to play Bloodtalons properly, and have been playing with the talent since it was introduced (for those times when it was the optimal choice; i.e. not in 7.3).

Bloodtalons is a mess. Getting a buff and then hitting a self-heal (why a heal?) to get another buff in order to buff your bleeds. It's a mouthful to say, let alone to play; it inserts ungainly GCDs into otherwise smooth setup windows, and it's just plain unsatisfying to use (for me).

It's patronising in the extreme to assume -- and then go on to say -- that anyone who doesn't like it just doesn't know how to use it. You can go ahead and disagree with me and I'm not going to suggest you need to get on my level.

As someone else in this thread said, most of the people who are arguing for the contribution of direct damage spells to be buffed aren't begging for a spec where Rip and Rake are irrelevant. I would love Feral to be a spec where bleeds are a significant (>40%) part of our DPS, where managing them properly is the difference between great play and mediocre play, and where timing and energy management are vital to their use. But I also want Shred to hit decently hard, I want Brutal Slash and even Swipe to be worth a cast; I want to be able to get in and burst when the occasion demands it.

Feral can encompass bleeds, have a space for elite players to squeeze that extra few % out of it with proper play, and have decent burst direct damage. It's possible to make that happen with careful spec design.

I hope Blizzard can make it happen.
08/22/2018 09:11 AMPosted by Rockford
The best in the world, suggesting we all suck it up and reroll! About time their worth is shown. Have them suggest ways to improve BT from the cumbersome PoS it is now. Smooth, not intrusive of utility and enjoyable to the spec that deserves it's place as a baseline ability. I want Feral to be Bleed centric without the segregation of it's playerbase. Which is something we both need for this spec.

Once again, this attitude isn't conducive to the conversation. The assertion that people who don't enjoy Feral's bleed-based gameplay as it is now and in past iterations simply don't "know how to play Feral right" misses the point entirely.

And to be quite honest, from the sheer number of people who are speaking up on this topic, that in itself is evidence that Feral has could use some more design iteration to reconcile these issues.

I do agree, that when you spec for optimal bleed damage and everything lines up just right, it feels great. Ultra rewarding even. But the problem is that with modern encounter design and boss mechanics, the mechanics and strictures of playing Feral simply don't line up that often. And we can go round the bend with uptime, theory crafting, and parses and all that, but at the end of the day, the game should be fun.

And for a lot of Feral players right now, it just isn't...

I know it as well as anyone and it isn't rewarding at all outside single and 2 target encounters. Not sure why so many people are stuck in 2013. I was a literal god in WSG in 2005 but I'm not campaigning to bring the spec back to that, it's time to move on and be relevant in dungeons.

This is yet again a situation where - who really gives a flying !@#$ about mobs that die in 10 seconds. In M+'s where trash live long enough that rip means something, our cleave damage is absolutely awesome.

What kind of reasoning is this? There will never be "niche" specs again. There will never again be a time where we are "ST kings" because we're giving up burst aoe. Blizzard is done with that. If we have awful aoe, everyone else is going to have fine aoe and just as good ST (or probably better) as us. Why would you make the bar you are setting "it's fine to have !@#$ty aoe and burst?" You guys are stuck in a bubble and its frustrating that you speak for our spec.

we're already near top single target dps.

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????
08/22/2018 11:58 AMPosted by Waraila
08/22/2018 08:49 AMPosted by Rockford
For those with an opinion of BT, post exactly what you enjoy/hate about it,

Promotes sitting on targets - as it tightens the rotation up too much to allow you to go off and do something else within the fight.

Uses up our utility - aka free cast of a heal or other ability to increase damage when we don't need to, in favour of boosting dps.

Annoying on short lived adds.

Increases ramp time.

Cripples the design of the spec as we are either in feast or famine mode due to how bloodtalons has this annoying habit of becoming OP when tertiary stats are brought into play - especially back in mists with the lei shen trinket.

Kills desire for people to play the spec, as they see it as an overcomplex spec that you can do well on and get a certain output of damage, then see most other specs in the game just roll a few buttons and out dps you. Yes, this happens a lot and turns people off playing feral. We were a dying spec with low participation before the change from BT bleeds to DD in legion. You just have to look at participation rates to see this... and removing emphasis on BT does not kill a bleed centric play style. it just removes one annoying mechanic in the spec.

We never had BT in BC, Wrath (arguably the best feral has been in the entire game) and Cata, additionally it was not the be all and end all in mists until the OP lei shen trinket made it so. There were two equally viable spec builds, one which used other talents than dream of cenarius and BT (two different talents back then too)

don't take the talent if you don't like it.
Wait what, since playing vanilla, rarely you see a blue responding to a post on a weak class, they typically just stealth/nerf without any information.

I applaud this, LOVE that they are responding, maybe i will play game more.
After doing our internal testing, taking into consideration the feedback here and elsewhere, we're now going forward with the following damage increases:

Brutal Slash: +20% Damage
Swipe: +15% Damage
Thrash: +15% Damage

We don't have a precise timeframe for this to hit the live game, but we expect it in the next 48 hours or so.
08/22/2018 02:18 PMPosted by Kaivax
After doing our internal testing, taking into consideration the feedback here and elsewhere, we're now going forward with the following damage increases:

We don't have a precise timeframe for this to hit the live game, but we expect it in the next 48 hours or so.

That's it?

We're still very low on single-target. Are you guys seriously only doing that?

While that helps a bit with AoE damage, what about changes to single target damage? This is also a huge area of concern.

This...only addresses part of the problem :/
Rip does more damage as a Resto-cat than it does as a Feral spec!

and you decided to buff swipes?
What a slap in the face.. wow.
08/21/2018 04:56 PMPosted by Silphis
Continuing, Berserk is such a bad offensive Cd, any chance that it might increase our energy regen a bit?, As well, please, i beg you, make berserk stays up when you change the form, countless times i needed to change form to cast a regrowth to buff my bleed damage via bloodtalon (first time), only to see berserk buff vanishing.

#showtooltip Regrowth
/console autounshift 0
/cast [@yournamehere] Regrowth
/console autounshift 1
/use 3

youre welcome
Yea sucks... not enough of a buff. These will barely make a difference. Brutal Slash will still hit like a wet noodle. It needs to do twice the damage it currently does to be realistic.
wow are you guys trying to force ferals to reroll? we're currently using Brs in place of shred atm for ST. feral aff for other specs is currently doing more damage ST than feral.............