Drain Soul vs Mechanical mobs

General Discussion
It legit does 0 dmg to the tempest-forge destroyer robots in mechanar so i have to sit there and pray for soul shards from agony to hope to do some dmg with unstable affliction otherwise i just stand and look pretty while my group is killing them.

I guess this is something left over from the old drain soul and how soul shards worked? It's kinda funny seeing all these old mechanics now with scalling
Don't remember having that problem when leveling my warlock.
Ok its not just mechanar im in Halls of lightning and i'm having the same issue with the constructs before the last boss.

https://imgur.com/a/pXbQ1U1
Machines have no souls for you to steal.
Silly elf, machines don't have souls.
05/07/2018 01:57 AMPosted by Adelphie

What about machine spirits? Are those chants before the rite of thermal paste application meaningless?
05/07/2018 02:05 AMPosted by Solidusblarg

What about machine spirits? Are those chants before the rite of thermal paste application meaningless?

You are straying dangerously close to tech heresy there.
05/06/2018 08:35 PMPosted by Zerotwo
It legit does 0 dmg to the tempest-forge destroyer robots in mechanar so i have to sit there and pray for soul shards from agony to hope to do some dmg with unstable affliction otherwise i just stand and look pretty while my group is killing them.

I guess this is something left over from the old drain soul and how soul shards worked? It's kinda funny seeing all these old mechanics now with scalling

Agony, corruption?
05/07/2018 02:11 AMPosted by Hemerick
Agony, corruption?

Dots work on em just not drain soul so im not doing as much dmg i can.

Funny enough its only been mechanicals in those 2 dungeons, mechanicals out in the world like storm peaks get their souls drained fine
05/07/2018 02:09 AMPosted by Xuanney

Me, a heretech? I said I was the one doing the proper chants before the rites! The processor and heat sink would refuse to work in concert if the spirits aren't soothed during the bonding process!

And don't get me started on the rites of cooling fan activation.
05/07/2018 02:15 AMPosted by Solidusblarg
05/07/2018 02:09 AMPosted by Xuanney

Me, a heretech? I said I was the one doing the proper chants before the rites! The processor and heat sink would refuse to work in concert if the spirits aren't soothed during the bonding process!

You are doing the rites, yet you harbour doubts in your mind about their meaning.

Remember, blessed is the mind too small for doubt.

:D
05/07/2018 01:50 AMPosted by Thalassius
Machines have no souls for you to steal.

Just like fem Draenei.
05/07/2018 02:30 AMPosted by Xuanney
05/07/2018 02:15 AMPosted by Solidusblarg

You are doing the rites, yet you harbour doubts in your mind about their meaning.

Remember, blessed is the mind too small for doubt.

:D

True faith in the omnissiah can see doubts and defeat them. Those without faith live in fear of doubt.
When did the Imperium get here? Huh, no matter.

As for me, I'll form an Alliance between the Ebon Blade and the Necrons

thank-you-very-much
05/07/2018 02:13 AMPosted by Zerotwo
Dots work on em just not drain soul so im not doing as much dmg i can.

Funny enough its only been mechanicals in those 2 dungeons, mechanicals out in the world like storm peaks get their souls drained fine
The constructs leading to Void Reaver in the Eye were immune to Devouring Plague when I was running Kael on my Priest for Ashes. A lot of the enemies in Molten Core are also immune to fire damage.

Old game design put more emphasis on logical application of spell schools. Around Cataclysm they more or less ditched that, and that's why you have Fire Mages burning Ragnaros to death. It doesn't necessarily make logical sense, but it's a better gameplay experience. A lot of the older mobs didn't get their immunities removed though.

Neither do alliance characters, but it still works on them...

New class techpriest engiseer.
This like when some mobs in Naxx were immune to shadow damage... I was soloing it for transmogs and beating them to death with my staff. It was really slow but kind of funny.

(puts out a little tray of cookies for all to enjoy)
05/07/2018 07:01 AMPosted by Clubinator

Neither do alliance characters, but it still works on them...

I sold my soul to the void a long time ago. Y'all have sold yours to Slyvanas. Do any of us really have souls when we play WoW anyways
and this is why we exterminate gnomes