Mage Tower: Still Overtuned

General Discussion
Prev 1 13 14 15 26 Next
05/07/2018 07:09 AMPosted by Rastlin
You should be able to walk in cold and in a handful of tries tops be able to have the fight won

Completely honest question: why? Why should the fight be purely a measure of throughput? Why shouldn’t the fight have complex mechanics to keep you on your toes? There’s nothing in there more complicated than your average raid and you clearly enjoy those enough to play them hundreds of times. Or is it different when you don’t have an entire team carrying you?

I don’t think you know what the word “challenge” means. Having mechanics to follow doesn’t make an encounter overtuned. You can’t really throw that word around unless you actually know what the intended powerlevel and performance ability was intended to be required to pass the challenge.

I’m sorry that you think you should still win for ignoring mechanics. That’s simply asinine. Let me ask you this: do you think a brand new raid team could beat a raid boss first time without studying the fight? No of course not otherwise the realm first races wouldn’t exist.

These challenges were not meant to be one-shot. The reason you think they’re overtuned is because you’re trying to stuff them in a bin they were never designed to fit in.
My resto shaman did it at 926; don't waste mana, save CDs for waves 4 & 5, interrupt mages, stun as needed, and LoS the mana drain arrow behind a group member. The key to victory is always assuming the problem is yourself.
Like I said-if you have to do homework on a fight (read and watch you tube videos) then it is overtuned.

Maybe this content is intended for people that are willing to do **homework** on a fight? Remember, now all content is intended for everyone and that's ok.
05/07/2018 07:19 AMPosted by Reshyk
You should be able to walk in cold and in a handful of tries tops be able to have the fight won

Completely honest question: why? Why should the fight be purely a measure of throughput? Why shouldn’t the fight have complex mechanics to keep you on your toes? There’s nothing in there more complicated than your average raid and you clearly enjoy those enough to play them hundreds of times. Or is it different when you don’t have an entire team carrying you?

I don’t think you know what the word “challenge” means. Having mechanics to follow doesn’t make an encounter overtuned. You can’t really throw that word around unless you actually know what the intended powerlevel and performance ability was intended to be required to pass the challenge.

I’m sorry that you think you should still win for ignoring mechanics. That’s simply asinine. Let me ask you this: do you think a brand new raid team could beat a raid boss first time without studying the fight? No of course not otherwise the realm first races wouldn’t exist.

These challenges were not meant to be one-shot. The reason you think they’re overtuned is because you’re trying to stuff them in a bin they were never designed to fit in.

Why?

Simple Answer: I pay $15 for this game every month.

That is a lot especially these days where most everything is free.

If Blizzard wants to make money-they are a business after all-then they must tune things down so everyone can complete the content.

Will they lose some hard core players? Maybe.

But they will gain and retain far more players than they lose.

If they overtune they will see a shrinking player base-and bottom line.

That is Why.
If you're 960 and cant do it the only explanation is you do not have the skill your gear may indicate and challenge skins are not for you.
05/07/2018 07:32 AMPosted by Rastlin

Why?

If Blizzard wants to make money-they are a business after all-then they must tune things down so everyone can complete the content.

That is Why.

You could do it. You’ve just made it extremely clear that you do not want to complete the Mage Tower.

Why?

That is Why.

Holy crap dude, bolded words does not emphasize or better make your point. You have made what, 3 of these threads already and every single one ends the same.

- You make a claim that because you subscribe you should be given the reward for a challenge you cannot complete
- People tell you to git gud
- The thread dies.

You are saying you made 3 whole attempts at a mythic raider Ilvl, failed, and thought the best course of action was to make a thread instead of trying again? Do you leave raid when you wipe to a boss 3 times?

I've bought plenty of $60 games, doesn't mean I deserve to beat them until I do. Also can we stop assuming that if they don't cater to people who struggle to tie their shoes in the morning, that the game will somehow fold?

Why?

That is Why.

No they won't.
05/07/2018 06:26 AMPosted by Reshyk
05/07/2018 06:23 AMPosted by Taelen
...Call it Legendary.
...I kind of wish they'd do this for a month and stream the runs on Twitch.
Have chat start making bets on how many stacks of Determination it takes the average LFR group to down a Mythic boss.

Actually now that I think about it that’s a more interesting question than I first thought...

Humans haven't invented a computer powerful enough to count that high yet.
05/07/2018 07:54 AMPosted by Dubknight
05/07/2018 06:26 AMPosted by Reshyk
... Have chat start making bets on how many stacks of Determination it takes the average LFR group to down a Mythic boss.

Actually now that I think about it that’s a more interesting question than I first thought...

Pretty sure it would come up as a syntax error
05/07/2018 07:58 AMPosted by Searik
05/07/2018 07:54 AMPosted by Dubknight

Pretty sure it would come up as a syntax error
It’ll overflow and come back with a negative number.
05/07/2018 07:46 AMPosted by Searik

I've bought plenty of $60 games, doesn't mean I deserve to beat them until I do. Also can we stop assuming that if they don't cater to people who struggle to tie their shoes in the morning, that the game will somehow fold?
I’ll actually submit probably the most classic example of all: Dark Souls. None of the Dark Souls games are free, they cost as much as you’d expect from a full price game. They are all extremely punishing and not everyone who plays them is capable of beating them. Heck that’s the draw.

They’re also one of the most famous franchises on PC.

Spending money on a game does not entitle you to beat it nor does it doom the game to failure.
05/07/2018 08:07 AMPosted by Reshyk
05/07/2018 07:46 AMPosted by Searik

I’ll actually submit probably the most classic example of all: Dark Souls. None of the Dark Souls games are free, they cost as much as you’d expect from a full price game. They are all extremely punishing and not everyone who plays them is capable of beating them. Heck that’s the draw.

Spending money on a game does not entitle you to beat it nor does it doom the game to failure.

Psh, Dark Souls has nothing on some of the SNES/NES era games like Contra and Gradius 3. To this day I still haven't beaten some of them.
05/07/2018 08:14 AMPosted by Searik
05/07/2018 08:07 AMPosted by Reshyk
... I’ll actually submit probably the most classic example of all: Dark Souls. None of the Dark Souls games are free, they cost as much as you’d expect from a full price game. They are all extremely punishing and not everyone who plays them is capable of beating them. Heck that’s the draw.

Psh, Dark Souls has nothing on some of the SNES/NES era games like Contra and Gradius 3. To this day I still haven't beaten some of them.
Disney went through a stint where they gave all of their games a sheer face cliff difficulty spike because they didn’t want kids to be able to rent the game from Blockbuster and beat it within the rental window.
05/07/2018 06:51 AMPosted by Oscha
Um, maybe someone already mentioned that, but in the healer challenge the thing that siphons all your mana is an arrow from one of those archers.

You're supposed to use one of the npcs as a meatshield for it.

Thank You for the suggestion. But I will not be going back.

Three attempts was about two attempts to many.

And there was a poster some pages back who listed the entire strat. It was very long and required all sorts of very precise moves.

That is ridiculous as as per my point of this thread overtuned.

No way they should make the fight so ridiculously complex.

Like I said-if you have to do homework on a fight (read and watch you tube videos) then it is overtuned.

You should be able to walk in cold and in a handful of tries tops be able to have the fight won.

I bet you want your milk bottle warmed up before bed too
Nice work Rastlin, 275 replies in a troll thread, you have surpassed yourself.
This is a quality !@#$post.

This man is above us all.

https://www.worldofwargraphs.com/global-stats/achievements/achievement-category-15256

34% of 110 characters have at least one mage tower skin.

So your 1%/0.1% assumption was false.
I really wanna watch Rastlin play Dark Souls.

Edit: found actual footage of Rastlin playing Counter Strike: https://youtu.be/g_VtIkF8pDY
The guy does a long cast called MANA STING ... implying it has something to do with your man based on name alone, which it does. It takes almost all of your mana when you eat it to the face.

Short story, but the moral of it is stop derping around and just eating mana stings to the face.