Mage Tower: Still Overtuned

General Discussion
Prev 1 14 15 16 26 Next
05/07/2018 08:14 AMPosted by Searik
Psh, Dark Souls has nothing on some of the SNES/NES era games like Contra and Gradius 3. To this day I still haven't beaten some of them.
My cousins and I got further playing Donkey Kong Country 2 on SNES than I did when I bought it for the Wii Virtual Console. And I didn't even get to Bramble Blast, so it's not like I've even hit the really hard stuff yet.

Apparently I've gotten worse at games.
05/07/2018 08:26 AMPosted by Buddhaspalm
Nice work Rastlin, 275 replies in a troll thread, you have surpassed yourself.

Honestly half of us are just here for the experience

I just feel bad when people actually write serious responses
05/07/2018 08:30 AMPosted by Taelen
05/07/2018 08:14 AMPosted by Searik
Psh, Dark Souls has nothing on some of the SNES/NES era games like Contra and Gradius 3. To this day I still haven't beaten some of them.
My cousins and I got further playing Donkey Kong Country 2 on SNES than I did when I bought it for the Wii Virtual Console. And I didn't even get to Bramble Blast, so it's not like I've even hit the really hard stuff yet.

I hear ya, I got the SNES classic and was struggling hard on the first DKC game (even though 2 is better imo). But I also remember dying a lot back in the day too... I think games just didn't care if you died back then, so its the games that changed instead of us and we've just been conditioned. Throw you in, let you figure stuff out, and if you die you die. GL. Some games still work like that, but its not common practice.
05/07/2018 08:45 AMPosted by Searik
05/07/2018 08:30 AMPosted by Taelen
...My cousins and I got further playing Donkey Kong Country 2 on SNES than I did when I bought it for the Wii Virtual Console. And I didn't even get to Bramble Blast, so it's not like I've even hit the really hard stuff yet.

I hear ya, I got the SNES classic and was struggling hard on the first DKC game (even though 2 is better imo). But I also remember dying a lot back in the day too... I think games just didn't care if you died back then, so its the games that changed instead of us and we've just been conditioned. Throw you in, let you figure stuff out, and if you die you die. GL. Some games still work like that, but its not common practice.
To my dying day I will always remember my 99% save file on DKC. One of the ice levels had a bonus stage you could only reach by leaping off a ramp with the ostrich and flapping super hard to glide a long way into it. I always fell just short of it. Failing to 100% that game is my greatest regret to this day.
05/07/2018 09:00 AMPosted by Reshyk
05/07/2018 08:45 AMPosted by Searik

To my dying day I will always remember my 99% save file on DKC. One of the ice levels had a bonus stage you could only reach by leaping off a ramp with the ostrich and flapping super hard to glide a long way into it. I always fell just short of it. Failing to 100% that game is my greatest regret to this day.

DKC actually had 101%
05/07/2018 09:28 AMPosted by Raees
05/07/2018 09:00 AMPosted by Reshyk
... To my dying day I will always remember my 99% save file on DKC. One of the ice levels had a bonus stage you could only reach by leaping off a ramp with the ostrich and flapping super hard to glide a long way into it. I always fell just short of it. Failing to 100% that game is my greatest regret to this day.

DKC actually had 101%
You’ve doubled the depths of my despair. How do you feel now?

I don’t even have the game anymore. Once my sister started showing interest in games I gave her all my old games. Pretty sure she’s deleted that save by now, I don’t even know if she still has the game.
05/07/2018 08:27 AMPosted by Judgedmate
This is a quality !@#$post.

This man is above us all.

https://www.worldofwargraphs.com/global-stats/achievements/achievement-category-15256

34% of 110 characters have at least one mage tower skin.

So your 1%/0.1% assumption was false.

I doubt 34% have done the Mage Tower.

But even if that is true it proves my point.

Only 1/3 having done this means it is overtuned
05/07/2018 08:31 AMPosted by Shèryl
05/07/2018 08:26 AMPosted by Buddhaspalm
Nice work Rastlin, 275 replies in a troll thread, you have surpassed yourself.

Honestly half of us are just here for the experience

I just feel bad when people actually write serious responses

I honestly am perplexed that just because someone does not agree with my post they think it is not serious or trolling.

Clearly the 35 upvotes I have prove otherwise.
05/07/2018 07:31 AMPosted by Anshlun
05/07/2018 07:09 AMPosted by Rastlin
Like I said-if you have to do homework on a fight (read and watch you tube videos) then it is overtuned.

Maybe this content is intended for people that are willing to do **homework** on a fight? Remember, now all content is intended for everyone and that's ok.

It is not a good thing to have to do WoW homework.

edit: finished post, was interrupted.
05/07/2018 09:51 AMPosted by Rastlin

1/3 of the WoW playerbase is actually pretty damn good for something that is still even remotely failable.
05/07/2018 09:54 AMPosted by Rastlin

Maybe this content is intended for people that are willing to do **homework** on a fight? Remember, now all content is intended for everyone and that's ok.

It is n

By the gods did he short circuit
05/07/2018 09:58 AMPosted by Shèryl

It is n

By the gods did he short circuit

Nope had to dodge into the bathroom to finish the post as the boss who I think of as the eye of Sauron is on the prowl.
05/07/2018 08:27 AMPosted by Judgedmate
This is a quality !@#$post.

This man is above us all.

https://www.worldofwargraphs.com/global-stats/achievements/achievement-category-15256

34% of 110 characters have at least one mage tower skin.

So your 1%/0.1% assumption was false.

100% of players don’t have the LFR requirement, does that mean LFR is overturned?

So if we make a dungeon journal entry for the Mage Tower you could access in game without changing the content of the tower would that be acceptable to you? No need to go to outside sources then as all the tools you’d need to succeed are provided to you.
05/07/2018 10:01 AMPosted by Shèryl

100% of players don’t have the LFR requirement, does that mean LFR is overturned?

LFR is tuned about right given that they give the determination buff.
I'm still not sure if you're trolling or just really feeling the spirit of Sunday
05/07/2018 10:06 AMPosted by Reshyk

So if we make a dungeon journal entry for the Mage Tower you could access in game without changing the content of the tower would that be acceptable to you? No need to go to outside sources then as all the tools you’d need to succeed are provided to you.

While having a dungeon journal would be fine, the fact remains that the Mage Tower is seriously overtuned.

So it would need a big nerf to set things right.
05/07/2018 10:08 AMPosted by Hardtroll
I'm still not sure if you're trolling or just really feeling the spirit of Sunday

Rast is stuck in Sunday 24/7

Like Groundhog Day the movie
05/07/2018 10:10 AMPosted by Shèryl
05/07/2018 10:08 AMPosted by Hardtroll

Rast is stuck in Sunday 24/7

Like Groundhog Day the movie

Just for the record I never bump my posts unless there is very recent (within the last hour or so) activity and there is a critically important point/comment that needs to be made.
05/07/2018 10:08 AMPosted by Rastlin
While having a dungeon journal would be fine, the fact remains that the Mage Tower is seriously overtuned.
Well I’m just left wondering why you think that. The reason your attempts failed is because you didn’t execute mechanics properly and were punished for it. So in order to determine if it’s overtuned we need to see if you’re still unable to finish the tower Ben when you execute it flawlessly.

As a reminder: an encounter is only overtuned if it is too difficult to complete it even with flawless or near flawless execution. Losing because you played poorly isn’t overtuned, it’s working as intended. Just like an encounter would be undertuned if the encounter is easy to complete even when you play poorly.

Right now if we just take your experience, we have no way to call it overtuned since the only samples we have are ones where you did not execute mechanics correctly. Now Blizzard does a poor job of communicating the requirements of the challenge and I’ll agree with you on that, but let’s not pretend this is a problem you couldn’t solve with 2 seconds of googling. There’s a difference between the encounter being poorly explained in the app and it being overtuned.

So I challenge you to learn the mechanics, execute them correctly, then prove that it’s overtuned because so far all you’ve proven is that it isn’t undertuned.