Mage Tower: Still Overtuned

General Discussion
Prev 1 15 16 17 26 Next
It’s pretty simple actually. Let’s journey into the mind of rast;

It was hard. I failed. I did not have fun. The answer is obviously not me but the game

NERF
[quote="207624478547"]

As a reminder: an encounter is only overtuned if it is too difficult to complete it even with flawless or near flawless execution.

That is exactly the case with the Mage Tower.

If you are not perfect you are dead.

That =overtuned.
05/07/2018 10:22 AMPosted by Shèryl

It was hard. I failed. I did not have fun. The answer is obviously not me but the game

NERF
You forgot the part about x number of upvotes "proving him right."
05/07/2018 10:32 AMPosted by Rastlin

With your gear, this isn't even remotely close to the truth.
05/07/2018 10:33 AMPosted by Taelen

NERF
You forgot the part about x number of upvotes "proving him right."

I’ll be honest that’s more of a recent thing for him.
[quote]

As a reminder: an encounter is only overtuned if it is too difficult to complete it even with flawless or near flawless execution.

That =overtuned.

Slow your roll there, William Shatner.
[quote]

That =overtuned.
What you’re describing isn’t overtuned, it just means the encounter is very punishing. Going back to the Kin’Goroth example, if you don’t dodge his Ruiner, you’re dead. Phrased another way, if you don’t perfectly execute that mechanic, you’re dead.

Yet you raid a lot and seem to enjoy it and I don’t see you complain about pass-or-die boss mechanics so there must be something different going on there.
05/07/2018 10:33 AMPosted by Shèryl
...You forgot the part about x number of upvotes "proving him right."

In fact my 36 upvotes is more than most other threads.

That is not to say the other threads are not as good-but indeed the very positive response as shown by [b upvotes[/b] proves that many, many players feel the MT is overtuned.
How can 36 people upvote when only 12 people ever go on the forums
have like 30 appearances done
got most of them in <5 attempts with a 905-920 item level

these challenges are too easy tbh, should've capped/scaled item level to 890 or 900 so people can't just outgear them, keep the appearances special

like I don't even know what my abilities do on some specs and it still only took me 2-3 pulls these are barely "challenges"

That is not to say the other threads are not as good-but indeed the very positive response as shown by [b upvotes[/b] proves that many, many players feel the MT is overtuned.
But how many of those people cared strongly enough to actually voice their opinion in the thread? You’ve proven there’s a number of people with whom your post resonates but none of them seem willing to put forth more effort than it would take to press the like button. And with the downvote option gone the only way to speak counter to those upvotes is to voice it in the thread itself. When I read the responses, it doesn’t really seem like it’s a universal opinion or even a majority one. Even if it were the majority opinion, you can’t use its popularity as an excuse to dismiss arguments against your claim. You’d need to actually address them.
Rastlin, you have 35 upvotes and there are over 300 posts. Lets say that a full 75% of that 300 is repeat posts by you and others. So, that means that there are over 75 people that do not agree with you. 75 is greater than 35. I think you lose.

But even besides all that, what you are saying is that if someone could go into the mage tower and complete it without watching any videos or getting any hints, then you'd agree that it was not overtuned?

(And yes, I know he is going to count all the posts individually to tally up just how many actually don't agree with him. That is part of the fun. The real question is whether he will answer the question I asked him.)

In what universe does 36 count as 'many, many'?
it's a one person raid, it's supposed to be that way

but, bliz might have included something like a "booby prize" just for completion sake

nerfed rewards, nerfed achieve, and so on

36 upvotes for 16 pages. Lol

This is why we need down votes back
05/07/2018 10:11 AMPosted by Rastlin
05/07/2018 10:10 AMPosted by Shèryl

Rast is stuck in Sunday 24/7

Like Groundhog Day the movie

Just for the record I never bump my posts unless there is very recent (within the last hour or so) activity and there is a critically important point/comment that needs to be made.
I'm amazed that people still take these posts seriously even with the hilarious bold text.
05/07/2018 10:07 AMPosted by Rastlin
05/07/2018 10:01 AMPosted by Shèryl

100% of players don’t have the LFR requirement, does that mean LFR is overturned?

LFR is tuned about right given that they give the determination buff.

I will have to disagree, because I have seen groups take more than 3 attempts at a boss and not kill it. Showing how it is completely overtuned.

NERF

You left out "slap in the face."
05/06/2018 07:17 AMPosted by Rastlin
05/06/2018 06:42 AMPosted by Fleb
Pff haha, ahh Rastlin you silly boy.

Five upvotes in 30 minutes on a Sunday morning proves how right my point is.

No, it just further proves how true the demotivational poster that said "Idiocy - never underestimate the power of stupid people, especially in numbers"
05/07/2018 10:44 AMPosted by Reshyk

But how many of those people cared strongly enough to actually voice their opinion in the thread? You’ve proven there’s a number of people with whom your post resonates but none of them seem willing to put forth more effort than it would take to press the like button. And with the downvote option gone the only way to speak counter to those upvotes is to voice it in the thread itself. When I read the responses, it doesn’t really seem like it’s a universal opinion or even a majority one. Even if it were the majority opinion, you can’t use its popularity as an excuse to dismiss arguments against your claim. You’d need to actually address them.

It is called the silent Majority.

05/07/2018 10:47 AMPosted by Wraithe
Rastlin, you have 35 upvotes and there are over 300 posts. Lets say that a full 75% of that 300 is repeat posts by you and others. So, that means that there are over 75 people that do not agree with you. 75 is greater than 35. I think you lose.

But even besides all that, what you are saying is that if someone could go into the mage tower and complete it without watching any videos or getting any hints, then you'd agree that it was not overtuned?

(And yes, I know he is going to count all the posts individually to tally up just how many actually don't agree with him. That is part of the fun. The real question is whether he will answer the question I asked him.)

huh?

I am completely confused and have no idea how you came up with 75 downvotes.

The downvote key is gone.
It is called the silent Majority.

Ahhhh the trump card of any internet argument. Also majority doesn't mean anything. Being right isn't a democracy.