Nothing is "free", ML people are right

General Discussion
1 2 3 7 Next
I don't know where this concept of "free stuff" comes from, every guild that raids Mythic invests real time, energy, and effort into getting those bosses down. And of course there are also the "loyalty" and "seniority" factors to consider (people that have actually stuck around thru thick and thin, not flaked out, not gquit, etc). You pro-Personal Loot people listen to too many Bernie speeches, nothing of value is "free".

I'm sorry to rain on your parade or be a "Debbie downer", but this concept of "free stuff" doesn't work in the real world OR the video game world.

Conclusion

The pro-Master Looter crowd is right.
Thats nice dear........enjoy your progression with PL in bfa Op

Happy Sunday folks :)
It's simple If you like ML you should be able to keep it for the small # that do it.

For everyone else it's PL.

People do steal stuff all the time.

And as far as work goes,yes, work is the correct word to describe how some people play, or work as in the grind that we all do. It's all work and time.
you do realize that no one is arguing about free stuff...

EVERYONE who participated in the raid put in the time and effort for the run... EVERYONE has earned their equal share. It has nothing to do with "free".
05/06/2018 02:30 PMPosted by Nutts

EVERYONE who participated in the raid put in the time and effort for the run... EVERYONE has earned their equal share. It has nothing to do with "free".

That's not accurate.
05/06/2018 02:25 PMPosted by Wariya

You seem like a hateful person that doesn't want other people to enjoy the game in their own way that has 0 effect on you.

Thats just simply not true. Have you EVER worked on a group project in a school or work setting where everyone did the exact same amount of work? Of course not. You might have divided into parts and everyone did it, but almost always one persons work will be low quality compared to others. However, in most of those cases, the reward is equally distributed whether it be a grade, bonus, etc.

The problem is the high performers in these group settings cant just slouch and let themselves get the same quality of work, as it could possibly affect the outcome of the groups work as a whole if hes not carrying the slack. Everyone is working towards the same goal, but again, one will always have to work more than others.

Does that mean both sides should get the same goal? I personally dont believe so as someone who is usually on the side of carrying my weight and then some. However, if you are on the low performer side in any aspect of a group project regardless of the instance of scenario, youd probably bid for the equal reward system.

The personal loot agenda being pushed by people who either do not even participate in the system or are on the low end of the system is frankly sad, and speaks volumes about how they act in the real world.
OP''s name couldnt check any further in a sunday post like this.
The proposed changes are SO egregious, SO wrong that I predict a huge uptick in predatory loot ninjas and predatory "guild-hoppers" in BFA. This will sow even more distrust in the already-toxic and divided WoW community.

Ironically, this change will likely end up hurting casuals since serious/Mythic guilds will become increasingly "exclusive" or "clique-y" to protect themselves against Personal Loot. Mythic guilds will be hesitant to recruit casuals/Heroic raiders for obvious reasons (a trial can just steal loot from the raid team and bail on the guild).

The "unintended consequences" are real boys, one of my buddies is an officer in a Mythic guild and he says the topic of BFA Personal Loot policy has come up in their recent meetings. He said the guild master will be implementing new recruitment policies going into BFA to protect the guild. No doubt these same kinds of conversations are happening in plenty of Mythic raiding guilds right about now.
EVERYONE who participated in the raid put in the time and effort for the run... EVERYONE has earned their equal share.

False. Because why would I give a gear piece to someone who fails personal responsibility mechanics on Mythic Difficulty? And lets toss in that the Raid Lead is looking for a replacement but is stuck with them for the time being.
05/06/2018 02:35 PMPosted by Feelsgood
05/06/2018 02:25 PMPosted by Wariya

You seem like a hateful person that doesn't want other people to enjoy the game in their own way that has 0 effect on you.

Explain where i addressed these so called "ppl"(plural) other than the OP's superiority complex

Sunday bait thread is obvious :)
05/06/2018 02:48 PMPosted by Wariya

Explain where i addressed these so called "ppl"(plural) other than the OP's superiority complex

Sunday bait thread is obvious :)

Probably because you've been on a whole "Anti-ML" crusade for the past 2 weeks despite doing 0 content that can use it, and hate it because of one bad experience four years ago when ML wasn't locked to guild groups?
05/06/2018 02:33 PMPosted by Twincruiser

That's not accurate.

actually it is
At its heart, WoW is like Diablo - it's a game about loot. The idea that person not get loot runs contrary to the entire purpose of the game. We commit casual acts of genocide on the promise of a new pair of pants.
05/06/2018 02:51 PMPosted by Feelsgood
Probably because you've been on a whole "Anti-ML" crusade for the past 2 weeks despite doing 0 content that can use it, and hate it because of one bad experience four years ago when ML wasn't locked to guild groups?

Except i was unsubbed for the last two weeks, lmao

https://wow.twitchstats.net Wariya- Stormrage - not one post was made then

So yeah keep making false assumptions
You don't speak for everyone, so it doesn't matter.
05/06/2018 02:52 PMPosted by Wuthappen
05/06/2018 02:33 PMPosted by Twincruiser

That's not accurate.

actually it is

How much did curve cost? Asking for a friend
The OP is part of the 1%...............
05/06/2018 03:00 PMPosted by Hemerick
05/06/2018 02:52 PMPosted by Wuthappen

actually it is

How much did curve cost? Asking for a friend

Cost of curve was the time it took to accomplish it.
that has 0 effect on you.

Terrible arguement... worst ever.