Unofficial Sethrak Discussion Thread P6

General Discussion
Prev 1 14 15 16 51 Next
05/31/2018 09:36 PMPosted by Lahkshmi
I mean i can see Sethrak working as an allied race. their legs are like the worgen
well they are a modified from the worgen skeleton

The helmet can be worked around with, i mean look at worgen and tauren
our discord did a bunch of edits showing it would work

As for the same face syndrome? I can see them making more snakelike faces
different snoots. like a ball python snoot or hognose snoot
Yeah my biggest hope is for them to have different faces based on different snakes, and not just same face syndrome like Worgen. Their default face is already cute and boopable but I'd really like a python face. I think they would keep their hoods regardless, as that seems like a permanent part of their anatomy (Maybe females have a bigger hood instead of snoobs as sexual dimorphism) But I don't think it'd look weird. Considering they wont have hair options I think they would need different faces.

My best case scenario for their customization would be

Skin color
Glow color (The blue glowing bits on them)
Faces
Tail decor (We've seen a number of different options already like the blue crystals, bands and sleeves)
And accessories (Piercings, jewelry other than the tail etc)
no.
I have a feeling more and more now after every new beta patch that Vulpera and Sethrak will be announced at Blizzcon. I feel like they are gonna keep any model updates sealed tight from data miners for awhile. I hope to be wrong and we see some updates from Beta but only a few months till launch! Probably another 1.5 months up beta updates.
06/01/2018 06:38 PMPosted by Arakain
I feel like they are gonna keep any model updates sealed tight from data miners for awhile.

There is an encrypted file for playable models in the beta. There very well could be an HD sethrak curled up in there.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/421004595972800515/452359664399679498/SethrakWalkCompare25.gif

Here is a side by side comparison of Sethrak walking beside female worgen. As you can see they have the same number of frames (female draenei have less for example) And look very similar but obviously edited to get rid of the overly feminine way female worgen swing their hips. Some people do doubt that they are built off female worgen but I really do think they are.
The encrypted database being spoken of (CharRaces) is just that, a database. A database is basically a spreadsheet. There may be information in that database that points to Sethrak being planned as playable, but at the end of the day, there is no 'hidden model'.

That's the concrete facts of what Upton has been talking about. It's the same thing that's been screenshotted before in regards to when Vulpera were initially discovered as playable, and it consists of various numbers and text strings. It doesn't hold models or any other magical secrets, just a potential for a text string that says 'Sethrak' 'Faction: Alliance' 'Classes: Druid, etc' etc. :P
06/02/2018 02:22 PMPosted by Tobias
There may be information in that database that points to Sethrak being planned as playable, but at the end of the day, there is no 'hidden model'.
as long as there may be useful information there, then that is still good
I did not mean a literal model sitting in there. The file is a list of playable races (for the most part, there's some that aren't) and if Sethrak was in there that would be a good thing. There's no physical model in the file and I never meant that. Though obviously if Sethrak showed up on that list it would bode well to them becoming HD as well.

Obviously there's nothing actually 'curled up' in there.
Bump for the snoots c:
COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
06/01/2018 04:59 PMPosted by Nøøne
no.

Yes! :D
"There is an encrypted file for playable models in the beta."

"There very well could be an HD sethrak curled up in there."

I wouldn't have said anything were it not for the words chosen in your message. To anyone other than you, it says 'the encrypted file contains models'. This is false, and is incorrect information that may end up being telephoned into something even more absurd by the next person.

As someone who supports the idea of sethrak as an Allied Race, I will spend a portion of my spare time correcting remarks like these so that there is knowledge rather than anarchy. :P

As such, CharRaces, the thing Vulpera flags for Horde were found in, is only a spreadsheet with some numbers and short text strings in it. No models. No links to other encrypted model files. Just the same stuff it always had in it, except we can't view it. :) That's all.

Now, could they have put sethrak in there at this stage? I suppose it's possible. Though I thiiiink that at most, all that was ever in there were strings related to the models found in the character folder, which is the stuff that can equip player armor in any sense. Given that sethrak don't have a folder in such directory, I would hazard a guess that nothing new has been added in there yet. It's more likely that the encryption is to help keep safe data such as the planned playable classes for Zandalari / Kul Tiran / Vulpera. It would also keep Vulpera from being even-more-100%-confirmed by being re-added into that database.
06/04/2018 12:14 AMPosted by Tobias

As such, CharRaces, the thing Vulpera flags for Horde were found in, is only a spreadsheet with some numbers and short text strings in it. No models. No links to other encrypted model files. Just the same stuff it always had in it, except we can't view it. :) That's all.

Now, could they have put sethrak in there at this stage? I suppose it's possible. Though I thiiiink that at most, all that was ever in there were strings related to the models found in the character folder, which is the stuff that can equip player armor in any sense. Given that sethrak don't have a folder in such directory, I would hazard a guess that nothing new has been added in there yet. It's more likely that the encryption is to help keep safe data such as the planned playable classes for Zandalari / Kul Tiran / Vulpera. It would also keep Vulpera from being even-more-100%-confirmed by being re-added into that database.

Good to know, was curious what the encrypted file was all about! At this point I am hoping for a Blizzcon reveal since Beta is close to being finished.
Blizzcon seems like our best bet.
I'm just hoping for them to have Monk class and decent racials. So far, the AR racials have been very lackluster or even lacking.
06/05/2018 09:27 AMPosted by Umbrafang
Blizzcon seems like our best bet.
i doubt we will see anything for a while
I support the snakes.
I look forward to Blizzcon, but I dread the wait at the same time. It's a bummer we won't likely see much of anything until then. Either way, it'll be nice to know who the counterpart to vulpera will be. If it's not sethrak, that at least puts things to rest. If it is? I'll rejoice!