Unofficial Sethrak Discussion Thread P6

General Discussion
Prev 1 43 44 45 51 Next
08/27/2018 12:23 AMPosted by Lummia
I love all Snake races, especially the NAGA.

However back to the Sethrak, ( Blizzard devs and support) don't they say just because we datamined them they just plan to use them as NPCs not as Allied Races, especially since we have no female Sethrak data ,

however, if Blizzard wants to say this, then does that mean races we don't have any data in the files already for player animations like the Naga, Murloc, FEMALE SETHRAK, mean that THEY ARE coming?/ see this is where I think blizz should just stay silent until Blizzcon or w/e, they are damned if they do damned if they don't so (blizz should) just stop telling us what to speculate in because then it just makes it even more confusing as if they are trying to keep it secret till they release and announce details on their timeline.

No need to bold everything. But yeah, they did say that in response to Vulpera stuff being datamined, but at that point, the secret was basically already out for them. We learned not long after that Blizzard encrypted their stuff, so we can't see for ourselves anymore. Why else would they do it if not to surprise us?
Granted 90% of game companies downright hate and loathe people who datamine there games and give away there plans, secrets or 'what ifs' that don't make it into the game and causes them !@#$ cause people try to corner them with it all, not to mention if you reveal absolutely everything before its time theres no enjoyment of hype, discovery or whatever else thus they tend to be opposing Vulpera when it comes to dataming efforts because it kind of ruins the fact they aren't revealed yet and dont' want people ruining it.

It would be like revealing the entirety of a RPGs story before it was reveal and all DLC stories entirely before the games even out and imagine how bad sales be with that happening its the same ethic here.

It'll be the same if anyone catches anything else in the AR files thats why they've been very careful about it cause if someone finds Sethrak you'll see the forums flooded with Vulpera/Sethrak more so then they are now and ruins the hype reveal, not to mention they could be doing something nasty like Vulpera/High Elves now imagine that backlash cause it got datamined.
I think the showing of the Vulpera way back when was a trial balloon.

They wanted to show off one of the new races without confirming they would be playable because they weren't sure if people would like them. If people responded badly, they could back out of it and say they were just an NPC race, and then find a new race to add. However, if Blizzard confirmed them as playable and the reaction was negative, then they'd be stuck with the unpopular race, or alienate the people who do like them by reversing their decision publicly.
In the end it could be all sorts of reasons since theres alot of them that work together, and Vai that might be why we've seen Vulpera immensely worked on since that datamine catch back in Beta since they have two visually seperate genders, various ear shapes and forms, animated bodies and theres even distinct features males have too (more face fur/fuzz).

Sethrak have some of that but if they're going Alliance anyway as people have said including myself, we always get the short end of development work overall.
I wouldn't be surprised if Blizz started hiding future AR assets after the Vulpera debacle. We kinda ruined the surprise of it after all.
08/27/2018 10:14 AMPosted by Umbrafang
I wouldn't be surprised if Blizz started hiding future AR assets after the Vulpera debacle. We kinda ruined the surprise of it after all.
That would be nice because that implies there is something to hide... something venomous and slithering. I really need to start actually playing the game though, so I can finally see them for myself in game. Spending too much time just reading about it on the forums. Haven't even played the game yet since buying in 2 days ago!
So when leveling my second Horde character and rewatching some Vol'dun mini cinematics i came across two things 1 there is another tail type based on there Loa which is more scale spiked and 2 Sethrak can apparently wear Earrings yep you heard me, turns out one of the dead leaders has a sort of gold ring on his neck frill.
Alliance is getting Vuplera and Horde is getting Sethrak.

FOR THE HORDE!
08/27/2018 08:01 PMPosted by Hellsentme

FOR THE HORDE!

You might want to take another look at Vol'dun, my friend. Horde is the only one to interact with the Vulpera.

FOR THE HORDE!
Ah yes, please enlighten Alliance players on how we're getting a race that we do not interact with in any capacity unless it's to kill them, the Horde having 75% of a zone dedicated to helping them, and their WQs being Horde only. At least with Sethrak there's a chance of them going Alliance due to us canonically helping them first before Horde players finish the story in Vol'dun along with all WQs being neutral to both factions.
08/28/2018 12:26 AMPosted by Umbrafang

FOR THE HORDE!
Ah yes, please enlighten Alliance players on how we're getting a race that we do not interact with in any capacity unless it's to kill them, the Horde having 75% of a zone dedicated to helping them, and their WQs being Horde only. At least with Sethrak there's a chance of them going Alliance due to us canonically helping them first before Horde players finish the story in Vol'dun along with all WQs being neutral to both factions.

The Vulpera turn out to be nihilists who appreciated us killing them the entire time. As they see us as having done them a favor, they decide to reply in kind and officially join the Alliance.

This shall be the canon.
...yeah. The other thing is, the Vulpera are built on a Goblin (HORDE) skeleton and the Sethrak are built on a Worgen (ALLIANCE) skeleton. There's another reason why it makes more sense for Vulpera to be Horde and Sethrak to be Alliance.

Haven't checked in this thread for a while, but I'm still a supporter of Danger Noodles!

#PleaseSendNoods
08/28/2018 12:32 AMPosted by Dimpishly

#PleaseSendNoods

/shrug

Ok, but only because you asked nicely.

https://imgur.com/a/EnQDkN9

FOR THE HORDE!

The horde will receive Vulperas!
And you, just like everyone in your horde will love our little foxes!

The alliance will receive Sethrak (hopefully), and we will love our danger noodle!
08/28/2018 12:38 AMPosted by Rorrand
08/28/2018 12:32 AMPosted by Dimpishly

#PleaseSendNoods

/shrug

Don't let people drag this out of topic.

#PleaseBoopSnoots
08/28/2018 06:26 PMPosted by Vai
08/28/2018 12:38 AMPosted by Rorrand

/shrug

#PleaseBoopSnoots
Where did this snoot booping come from? Sombra from overwatch? How did it get to wow though and why sethrak? Don't you know its unwise to put hands and arms near venomous fangs?
08/29/2018 12:01 AMPosted by Släm
<span class="truncated">...</span>

#PleaseBoopSnoots
Where did this snoot booping come from? Sombra from overwatch? How did it get to wow though and why sethrak? Don't you know its unwise to put hands and arms near venomous fangs?

Yet some idiots still do it and sometimes they're stupid enough to reference the ice bucket challenge to insult it! but for WoW cause they're sentient snakes and there is nice ones you can boop there snoots as a flirt or humor :D.

Maybe bring Anti-Venom when they create the child Sethrak, they're more violent and venomous then the adults.
A racial that sethrak could have, would it be related to resistance to poisons?
Or like taurens, have ways to cause poisoning on a target?
How about Electrified Scales as a racial, similar to the spell some of the Sethrak enemies have, but always on.