[Holy Priest] Apotheosis after GCD

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
Apotheosis was always slower than similar healing CDs (Avenging Wrath, Tree of Life, Ascendance) due to not improving your current healing, or even the healing of the next cast, instead giving that cast a side effect allowing you to cast a more potent heal sooner.

With the GCD change this gap now feels like an eternity, a 1.5s GCD and a cast away from seeing any benefit. I don't think it needs to be taken off the GCD again, but it should have an immediate effect in-line with it's on cast effect, reducing the CD of your Holy Words by an appropriate amount on activation.
05/09/2018 09:12 PMPosted by Ginvite
Apotheosis was always slower than similar healing CDs (Avenging Wrath, Tree of Life, Ascendance) due to not improving your current healing, or even the healing of the next cast, instead giving that cast a side effect allowing you to cast a more potent heal sooner.

With the GCD change this gap now feels like an eternity, a 1.5s GCD and a cast away from seeing any benefit. I don't think it needs to be taken off the GCD again, but it should have an immediate effect in-line with it's on cast effect, reducing the CD of your Holy Words by an appropriate amount on activation.

I think this is a cool idea for sure. I would personally love to see apotheosis baseline instead of a talent option as well.
At the very least it should reset your holy words so you can use one right away. Pretty meh cd that looks cool. Priests just have really crappy cd's. Shadowfiend is a complete joke etc.