How to fix this Lightbound Debacle.

General Discussion
05/10/2018 12:28 AMPosted by Haidivh

I suddenly got a massive headache from this

And the whole shebang is just so the Mag'har orcs from AU Draenor can join the horde and have an underdog story AND have a reason to hate draenei. As if they really needed a reason.
More draenei lore, yuck. And they're jihadists this time around
05/10/2018 12:49 AMPosted by Nielfarstar
I actually wanted Yrel back. She was one of those few non-orc characters we got in WoD that gave the Alliance players something to look forward to.

I wonder if this change of events would have been foreshadowed in the cancelled Shatt raid (our lost Raid Tier) which was suppose to give us some sort of dark secret about Yrel (like her MU version was a powerful demon with the Legion or something I imagine).

But this basically takes away (potentally) one of the Alliance's characters, not only without context, but in a completely Horde storyline. If no one reads the datamined text or plays Horde, the Alliance players that only play Alliance will never know about this (unless the story continues on later).

But this also beings something into question. High King Anduin Wrynn, who one day in the future will be leading the Army of the Light. Will it be this new version were the Light can be the evil force converting all to the Light, or will it be the kind we have seen prior to this with Velen's group trying to keep the Void from consuming the universe?
Based on some cut dialogue, it's very likely that the dark secret was simply that she was the daughter of Kil'jaeden or Archimonde. You had things like Ner'zhul referring to her and Samaara as "pureblooded eredar," and her calling Velen her uncle. The latter especially points to Kil'jaeden.

Anyway, Velen already accepted that there must be balance in the Argus campaign, with that balance being what upgrades the Vindicaar. He actively opposes fanaticism within his ranks in Bloodmyst questing. His tempering influence no longer being present would explain why the AU draenei were able to fall into this trap, but not why his brightest pupil would suddenly discard all his ideals and lessons in the name of a crusade against people she considered friends.

If they were self appointed zealots that wanted justice for everything the orcs did to them, I'd be all for it, but they aren't. They're just puppets on naaru strings.
The only Alliance characters doing bad things are AU Draenei completely unaffiliated with the Alliance because they're literally not part of it.

Bravo Blizzard. Shades of gray indeed.
05/09/2018 07:59 PMPosted by Uthos
This sounds EXACTLY like something the Light would do. Xera?! Remember the Naaru expect unconditional blind faith and Loyalty. Why wouldn't Draenei who have no external enemies make sure their is peace on their terms.

In fact, I would be surprised if they don't come to our world to try to convert us!

Haven't you ever had any religious people knock on your door on a Sunday morning? Those people can be relentless!

I started showing up visibly armed.

Soon as I opened the door and they saw my belt they'd leave.
05/09/2018 07:49 PMPosted by Maizou
Yrel and the Draenei were a people persecuted by the Legion and forced to flee multiple planets to avoid being enslaved by them.

They would NEVER force another race to see their way, especially people who helped fight against the Legion side by side.

What if by the time they started doing that they themselves no longer had the free will to make that choice? There is nothing to say some Naaru didn't take advantage of the Draenei's trust to Lightbound them first.
05/10/2018 12:46 AMPosted by Teilvia
05/10/2018 12:32 AMPosted by Adelphie
Just give more development to the actual playable draenei. Give us more than 1 major character. Give us a real city. Give us rangari, auchenai, and vigilants.

If Blizzard is going to waste all of WoD's draenei stuff then spend time actually developing the Exodar draenei.
Developing the Exodar draenei on a cultural level actually requires them going back to the Silvermyst Isles, and you know as well as I do that they will never do that unless it's for destruction.

If Blizzard's going to take away the AU draenei by hitting them with the villain bat then the Exodar draenei are going to need a lot of development.
05/10/2018 01:16 AMPosted by Syriyna
05/09/2018 07:49 PMPosted by Maizou
Yrel and the Draenei were a people persecuted by the Legion and forced to flee multiple planets to avoid being enslaved by them.

They would NEVER force another race to see their way, especially people who helped fight against the Legion side by side.

What if by the time they started doing that they themselves no longer had the free will to make that choice? There is nothing to say some Naaru didn't take advantage of the Draenei's trust to Lightbound them first.
Then the naaru are just prettier Old Gods and the setting is homogenized even further. It also gives us reason to kill people like Khadgar and Liadrin that pledged themselves to A'dal. Liadrin even rambled about a vision of absolute beauty that was given to her by A'dal.
05/10/2018 12:49 AMPosted by Nielfarstar
I actually wanted Yrel back. She was one of those few non-orc characters we got in WoD that gave the Alliance players something to look forward to.

I wonder if this change of events would have been foreshadowed in the cancelled Shatt raid (our lost Raid Tier) which was suppose to give us some sort of dark secret about Yrel (like her MU version was a powerful demon with the Legion or something I imagine).

But this basically takes away (potentally) one of the Alliance's characters, not only without context, but in a completely Horde storyline. If no one reads the datamined text or plays Horde, the Alliance players that only play Alliance will never know about this (unless the story continues on later).

But this also beings something into question. High King Anduin Wrynn, who one day in the future will be leading the Army of the Light. Will it be this new version were the Light can be the evil force converting all to the Light, or will it be the kind we have seen prior to this with Velen's group trying to keep the Void from consuming the universe?

The human leading the army of the light is Turalyon, not Anduin.
05/10/2018 01:26 AMPosted by Sjunga
The human leading the army of the light is Turalyon, not Anduin.
Son of the Wolf showed a flash-forward of 30 or 40 years, and it was Anduin leading the Army of Light in a final battle for the fate of the universe.

https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms/content_entry_media/io/IOBVHZGUWSES1469116501571.pdf

Page 10.