Logic behind defenses unusable during stun?

Arenas
Class fantasy.
You cannot accurately "anticipate" when a stun is coming and that's your only ability to hope you survive one.

ehh u can... but u need addons to track their cds and the awareness to know who their kill target is, protip if u see them setting up a cc chain and u cant stop it, prebear and run to your healer/los if u dont want to pre wall
Just roll hpally, magical stun cant use anything.
When I came back to the game in wod as an enhance, the 1min sham rage was so smooth since usable in stuns. There was even that glyph where my 1min wall removed every magic effect like stoneform but even removed magic stuns like hoj! As smooth as it was, it was also incredibly forgiving.

I was rly sad when I was introduced to Astral Shift. 2/3rds the duration, +50% cooldown... not usable in stuns?? Man my sham rage 2.0 rly sucked. But THIS specific change, coupled by the dmg/pressure based legion gameplay, made me infinitely better at reseting, kiting, LOSing and especially prewalling/preetherealing stuns.

Now ya it sucks when you dont get it off and have to blow trinket, your healers trinket or even worse you die. But the feeling when you start outplaying opponents by using buttons preemptively, you start getting 2 cds for 1cd, or 1 big cd +full cc drs on your healer for 1 cd, that's a feelsgoodman. Just another needed dimension to this game imo so fotm comps with crazy pressure cant just steamroll anyone who plays a lesser comp (wod turbo for example).

And tbh guys, as much as the global cooldown changes are scary in bfa, im optimistic and looking forward to a different wow that yes will make us triggered at first, but will also turn us into more patient and calculated counterplay gods. Wishful thinking of course!
This op smh
05/14/2018 08:05 AMPosted by Lothlòria
05/14/2018 07:52 AMPosted by Reimmi

actually you can, the game is quite scripted these days.
after you play enough you just know when that kinda stuff is coming

There's an app out there that tells when when someone IS going to stun you? I mean you are assuming they're going to stun the second its up.

From what I see in BGs and Arenas, stuns will come nearly non stop. You cannot pop SI fast enough to deflect that damage.

What am I missing?

its game awareness. you have to read the opponent. im no good at this game but in mobas like dota 2 thats lile half the game reading what your opponent will do otherwise you waste your stun or ult etc.
this person has been making brain damaged posts about feral being bad for years now

pls save urselves the energy and see that not everyone can be helped

its literally a case of “i play a tier1 dps in its strongest pvp formats and when i lose at extra-chromosome-mmr its the games fault”

its always fun to click ur dead-eyed vapid-faced fried moron character and see the wondorous mmr ur exploring with negative winrate, replying to people with literally 1000-1500 higher xp than you
05/16/2018 09:51 AMPosted by Slamshamx
this person has been making brain damaged posts about feral being bad for years now

pls save urselves the energy and see that not everyone can be helped

its literally a case of “i play a tier1 dps in its strongest pvp formats and when i lose at extra-chromosome-mmr its the games fault”

its always fun to click ur dead-eyed vapid-faced fried moron character and see the wondorous mmr ur exploring with negative winrate, replying to people with literally 1000-1500 higher xp than you

who hurt you