What "exploits" should be fixed.

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 10 Next
As much as I'd like them to leave wall jumping in the game, it is technically an exploit. I feel like it is one which would be best left in the game and they should put invisible walls where necessary to prevent certain exploits, but if they can leave in wall jumping that would be preferred.

But as I said, at the end of the day it is an exploit. So if they remove it then they remove it.

Guild banks do not fix any exploits. You may make the argument that they should add guild banks, but do not try to sell it as fixing an exploit. It is not a fix for an exploit. As far as trading and how item storage worked in guilds and as individual players, the game was working exactly as intended.
05/13/2018 03:03 PMPosted by Åpocalypse
A couple of these where fixed during vanilla's duration but:

1. Feral druid level 40 blue helm being raid bis via usage for spamshifting as an energy generating exploit mechanic. (Not fixed)

2. Warlock "invulnerability": Demo Sac VW for health regen. Enslave demon mob, soul link to enslaved mob. Cancel enslave and soul link buff remained active... Re-enslave mob, soul link to mob again.... Now you have 2 soul link buffs. Keep repeating for as many shards as you want... You exponentially took 1/2 the damage for each buff you had, and eventually your VW Sac would regenerate more damage than you could possibly take in combat.
(Fixed in vanilla)

3. Rogue Sword Ambush. Used to be a macro way to ambush with a sword/mace/fist instead of a dagger. The way Ambush was designed to scale off weapon damage this ended up being an INSANE boost to ambush (like 3k+ ambushes before MC was even being cleared)
(Fixed in Vanilla)

4. Paladin (not confiirmed) Seal "Twisting".... I learned this trick in TBC, and I'd assume it was applicable during Vanilla as well... Basically you could swap seals during your weapon swing and gain the benefit of both seals during one white swing. Expensive mana wise, but a substantial burst damage increase

5. Rogue Expose armor during sap: I hesitate to call this a true exploit... When you apply expose armor it counts as an attack, and you are supposed to immediately follow with white attacks... With a stop attack macro, and flicking your LoS so that you can't swing on the target... thus letting you apply Expose Armor to a sapped target, then restealth and re-open.... It was an exploit in that the game was designed to treat EA like an attack (and automatically follow with white swings)... That being said, I think this should have been a baseline feature of EA as it added depth to the rogue class.

6. MC caps vs opposing raids:
This is trickier to deal with because it was technically functioning properly... Basically any world bosses devolved into whoever had the pull/tag trying to down the boss, and whoever didn't using mind control caps, or alts with mind control caps to MC the main tank of the group mid pull, causing the tank to be MCd --AND COMPLETELY RESETTING THE TANK'S THREAT--- quite often leading to a wipe as threat (and more specifically taunt effects) worked very differently before Naxxramas patches.

Now a few that I'll be sad to see gone... BUT I gotta kind of admit where broken:

7. Curse of Recklessness vs Starting zones..... In vanilla locks had a curse that acted as an armor defbuff called curse of recklessness.... This made the target immune to fear (giving locks a way to control fear distance via alternating curses), as well as provide an armor debuff.... The trade off for this as that it also gave the target a fairly substantial amount of attack power.... This as a bit problematic in two areas: 1 bosses that had attack power multiplying effects (the mortal strike dragon right after vaelestrasz for example).... and where it could be exploited: Low level mobs.

I could get into a starting zone (lvl 1-5) like Deathknell... and curse of recklessness a lvl 2 mob as it was fighting a level 1 player, and basically give it 75x the attack power that it had baseline, causing it to 1 shot said lowbie if it attacked him. This was loads of fun if you wanted to grief people, and I don't remember it ever being fixed. Needless to say the game isn't designed for you to be able to murder lvl 1-5 players, let alone same faction lvl 1-5 players so yeah.

8. Part of me doesn't want to list this one, because it gave Warlocks a tremendous counter balance to lazy people in their raids, however.... Warlocks in Vanilla could summon people off of cliffs.... If you showed up late to a raid I was in, the warlocks in the group would /random and decide your fate.... We had to change up what the rolls meant so people wouldn't catch on, but you had anywhere from a 33%-50% to die horribly because you needed a summon. I know this was fixed eventually, but I think it was after Vanilla.

Wow real meat and potatoes here. Well written I might add too.
Seriously even the list in this whole thread is far from complete. People thought this would be done in 6 months. lol.

Fix them all.
A couple of these where fixed during vanilla's duration but:

3. Rogue Sword Ambush. Used to be a macro way to ambush with a sword/mace/fist instead of a dagger. The way Ambush was designed to scale off weapon damage this ended up being an INSANE boost to ambush (like 3k+ ambushes before MC was even being cleared)
(Fixed in Vanilla)

I knew I wasn't !@#$ing crazy for remembering this! I remember doing it all the time and I never even knew it was an exploit!
Any bug or exploit that was patched out and fixed by the final patch of Vanilla; what was that?? 1.12.2, ok..

That's the stopping point. After that don't screw with it because all you will do is make a mess.

@ at the rest of these idiots asking to patch out fun from the game; go play a different game you kill joy jerks, go play a game that coddles you like the toddlers you are.

Sorry, this is my official last post because most of this swill is not worth reading.

BYE, see you idiots in Classic when it ships with practically zero changes.
The only thing that will need fix will be the farmers and gold sellers.
They will be back with their bots.
05/14/2018 01:18 PMPosted by Danada
The only thing that will need fix will be the farmers and gold sellers.
They will be back with their bots.

What bots? Blizz pretty much has that on lock these days. This isn't the same as vanilla.
RMT will be back though I agree with you there.
So leave all the bugs and exploits alone you say? Yea that sounds reasonable and fun. Lol
I don't agree with you there.
Is anyone left on these forums but trolls?
05/14/2018 01:31 PMPosted by Visaenya

Concern over the health of the Game is trolling?

Amusing how the #nochanges went from "nochnages except exploits" to "well that was a fun exploit" or "is that really an exploit?".

I'm still amazed this thread isn't filled. Relevant topic and the community shuns it except a few?

Some don't love classic. They love their exploits.
you can be forced pvp on pve servers during vanilla, was kinda hard to stop,high level people would tag themselves pvp and wait until you attacked a mob, and then jump in between you and that mob and make you accident wing at them and turn pvp, seen a crap load of this in vanilla on my pve server, i would not mind if they removed this griefing exploit to what it is like now days.
THE FOLLOWING SHOULD REMAIN: Shamans using windfury's multiplied hits to proc 'chance on hit' effects more often than intended.

Shamans windfury hits should increase proc chances (rightly so). I do not believe that the 'old windfury ' made shamans too powerful when pairing it with items such as the 'Darkmoon Card: Heroism.'

"Equip: Sometimes heals bearer of 114 damage when damaging an enemy in melee."
Also leave items like 'Invulnerable mail' at what it was in the last vanilla patches.
D O - N O T: Balance/correct items around the mindset of Burning Crusade which emphasized more on PvP balances.
05/14/2018 02:35 PMPosted by Doomtroll
Also leave items like 'Invulnerable mail' at what it was in the last vanilla patches.
D O - N O T: Balance/correct items around the mindset of Burning Crusade which emphasized more on PvP balances.

Invulnerable Mail was nerfed mid-vanilla, not in the BC pre-patch.

And no, WF proc chances should be what they should be, neither multiplied by a bug nor reduced to zero. A WF bonus hit is a normal melee hit, and should have the same chance to proc things as a white attack.

05/14/2018 01:42 PMPosted by Padrepwn
05/14/2018 01:31 PMPosted by Visaenya

Concern over the health of the Game is trolling?

Amusing how the #nochanges went from "nochnages except exploits" to "well that was a fun exploit" or "is that really an exploit?".

I'm still amazed this thread isn't filled. Relevant topic and the community shuns it except a few?

Some don't love classic. They love their exploits.

You're trolling, but I'll tell you anyway.

I don't think this thread is especially valuable because, by necessity, the porting process is going to fix some bugs/exploits and add in some others. Until we see which ones remained and which were removed, and which new ones were added, there's very little point in giving feedback on it.

When there's a beta, if I'm in it, I will give feedback about bugs, exploits, and any other issues that arise. Until then, they're not in a finished enough state to care about this kind of minor interaction.
05/14/2018 09:52 AMPosted by Dealloc
As much as I'd like them to leave wall jumping in the game, it is technically an exploit. I feel like it is one which would be best left in the game and they should put invisible walls where necessary to prevent certain exploits, but if they can leave in wall jumping that would be preferred.

But as I said, at the end of the day it is an exploit. So if they remove it then they remove it.

Guild banks do not fix any exploits. You may make the argument that they should add guild banks, but do not try to sell it as fixing an exploit. It is not a fix for an exploit. As far as trading and how item storage worked in guilds and as individual players, the game was working exactly as intended.
guild banks fix the guild bank alt scam exploit in the sense it let's you see it happening and address it instead of continuing to be scammed.

I'm not saying guild bank alts were an exploit, but they could easily become one, and no one would know because there was no reliable form of logging as the spreadsheets could be edited to lie with little to no effort.

Edit: fixed typos but lost internet for a bit
I'm curious what people think about the devilsaur mafia's. they will exist but im wondering if you think blizzard will change how that leather drops (like its a 5% chance off the raptors in un'goro now) or if you think blizzard will let the servers determine how they will handle mafias. such as letting them be or banding together to just go out and try to murder them, which is fairly hard on a PvE server heh.
05/14/2018 06:24 PMPosted by Hatchmark
I'm curious what people think about the devilsaur mafia's. they will exist but im wondering if you think blizzard will change how that leather drops (like its a 5% chance off the raptors in un'goro now) or if you think blizzard will let the servers determine how they will handle mafias. such as letting them be or banding together to just go out and try to murder them, which is fairly hard on a PvE server heh.

mafias can't patrol 24/7. best bet is to bring a raid group if you are actually looking to stop them. also there are plenty of videos showing ninjaing from mafias. I'd say if there is clear cross faction collusion then it's call for a ban but if it's simply a horde guild trying to get it all and make a mafia and keep it out of alliance hands that's fine.
05/13/2018 03:47 PMPosted by Bunnybank
05/13/2018 12:42 PMPosted by Mogar
I hope they don't consider luring world bosses around as an exploit.

Hopefully, they fix the leash issue that existed then. Kazzak being in Stormwind was an annoyance that people used to grief others.

they could just simply put a leash tier on some mobs. after 45 minutes of being in combat give it the go to reset. I honestly want to see some of the vanilla hilarious features in the game (with reserved restrictions of course).

with hakkar they could make the spread have a stack counter and every time it spread simply go down a notch (10,15,20 spreads?) make the world feel alive even if there is an occasional "grief"
What "exploits" should be fixed: All of them? if it's an exploit and not intended it should be fixed./shrug
If any exploits are removed/nerfed, it just ruins any experience of classic WoW (or "vanilla" WoW) that players that never got to play it originally, could have.
I can't tell you how aggravating it was when, during WOTLK, I was curious as all hell about what was in Hyjal, or what it looked like. I would look up videos of the zone (this was also partly because I didn't know what private servers were in those days), and I would find ones where players had gone, on legit Blizzard realms, and wall-jumped into the zone.

Only to go and try and it was impossible by the time I wanted to explore the zone for myself - I didn't care that it was empty and nothing to do there.
I had missed my chance to explore that zone, because I never got to play during "vanilla" WoW. If Blizzard takes that out, or any similar wall-jumping methods to neat, secret hidden areas in the game, then I'm out. I won't play "WoW Classic".
05/14/2018 10:20 PMPosted by Denalo
What "exploits" should be fixed: All of them? if it's an exploit and not intended it should be fixed./shrug

yet another person completely missing the point that exploits are not finite in their definition in warcraft.
05/13/2018 02:58 PMPosted by Seijuron
Sure, because an officer has never /gquit with all the guild banks in his inventory right? This stuff has probably happened as often as when it was bank alts...

You can limit how many items someone can take out.

Scummy GMS exist, they always will but you have a better chance of not being screwed by someone under you since you can limit what they can do with more guild control options versus hoping they don't screw you anyway.