What "exploits" should be fixed.

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 10 Next
05/13/2018 07:11 PMPosted by Harland
That might be the most hostile attack on fun I have seen ever.

Breaking a game might be fun but it's not healthy FOR THE GAME. Which is what exploits do, ruin the health of a game. It makes the game worse. You need to fix all exploits.

Not to mention exploits to get into places where you can kill NPCs or players you shouldn't be able to. I know full well the exploit to get into the Stormwind banker area existed for the longest of time.
I hadn't thought about this before, but I guess I'm fine with whatever exploits as long as players don't get banned for using them.

There was a boss in ZG for example that you have your entire raid in a spot he couldn't reach so only the tank took damage. I believe there were players banned for this type of exploit during Vanilla.

I guess I don't really care if that's in the game or not, but if it is then people should be able to do it since they've known about these issues for years. I'd prefer game breaking things be taken out, but honestly there are more important things for me to worry about.
Aoe farming exploit. It's a huge problem on pservers for binge gold making, and rapid leveling of characters. It's a method the gold sellers use to make their supply so that they can then spam the playerbase with gold offers. It completely breaks the balance of the game as you can literally aoe farm for days on end and be max level in no time with heaps of gold.

On pvp servers these groups will kos any opposing faction player who comes within site regardless of level. Completely tie up the area thereby making other players of the same faction unable to complete that quest, without spending an absurd amount of time trying to get a tag on their quest mob.
Aoe farming to the extent that it's done, does not favor questing, and truly ruins the experience of vanilla wow. That would be the one thing I hope blizzard addresses, along with fixing bg's, and not allowing premades to run roughshot on everyone else.
05/15/2018 07:59 AMPosted by Amathal
I hadn't thought about this before, but I guess I'm fine with whatever exploits as long as players don't get banned for using them.

There was a boss in ZG for example that you have your entire raid in a spot he couldn't reach so only the tank took damage. I believe there were players banned for this type of exploit during Vanilla.

I guess I don't really care if that's in the game or not, but if it is then people should be able to do it since they've known about these issues for years. I'd prefer game breaking things be taken out, but honestly there are more important things for me to worry about.

A whole raid safe spotting and only the tank takes damage? Lol I never heard this one.
Seriously people can't see why all things like that should be fixed? It wasn't intended to work like that.

Oh if they leave anything or any new ones are created, people will use them. Blizz knows this.

Blizz can still take action against players who use exploits that haven't been fixed. Even if they leave them in game of they decide to punish people for using them.

I think all of this will be tied to the statement "we don't want to manage two mmo's."

Which sounds more like blizz? Remove all exploits so we can be hands off or allow exploits to remain and allow players to abuse them? At which point they would become features.
Leads to some policy conflicts if they allow them to be used though. Doesn't it?
05/14/2018 06:40 PMPosted by Bosh
they could just simply put a leash tier on some mobs

That happened in Vanilla, not sure how you missed that.

Nearly every exploit and bug that Blizzard considered an exploit or bug was fixed by the end of 1.12.1

They know what the exploits were, and they know how to deal with them. This entire thread is kinda dumb because it's beating a dead horse that we already know was dealt with and will be dealt with.
They know what the exploits were, and they know how to deal with them. This entire thread is kinda dumb because it's beating a dead horse that we already know was dealt with and will be dealt with.

PREV

isn't that this entire project in a nut shell, why discuss anything if we know how everything will turn out.

(Granted, if this had been a positive forum about talking/discussing experiences in this mystical vanilla I've heard so much about id much prefer it.What we have is General discussion with Trial accounts.)
I don't think everything that wasn't intended should necessarily be removed. Most of the ones mentioned are pretty nasty and make sense, but there are some happy accidents. Bubble/hearth is technically an unintended exploit that provides an unfair advantage, but is just too funny, and regarded favorably. It's even recieved polish and support from development, including a glyph option for paladins to reduce the cast time of your hearthstone, to help make up for part of the bubble time you lose waiting for gcd.

I think that as a rule, any discovered exploits should be fixed, and any exploits that turn out to be "happy accidents" should be polished. Safe spots came up a few times. What if bosses and guards, for example, started to channel a kill spell and shout annoyances at you when you found a safe spot. So you could use them, but relying on them would get you killed. Soft fixes like that would address the problem without removing them from the experience.
Y'all are some anti-fun motherf*-

Going under stormwind, or ontop of IF with wallwalking/walljumping doesn't ruin the game for anyone. It's one of my favorite hobbies in WoW and it's super fun to explore. All the BG ones (except the hordes into Ally base in AV-which I thin is still there) we're already fixed before TBC came out.

Saying sh*- like AoE farming is an exploit? Literally lolwut.

The only obvious answers are thing's like duping and cloning items.

I was gonna bring up a discussion for using Mind Control and buffing Horde characters with Blessings before important raid boss fights, but suggest it not be changed, but jesus. Are you guys Blizzard? 'FUN DETECTED - IMMEDIATE NERF' is all I'm seeing in this thread.
05/12/2018 06:03 AMPosted by Padrepwn
05/12/2018 05:28 AMPosted by Arius
Off the top of my head, things like wall running to get to out of bounds areas should be left in. Things like that were a fun part of many players' Vanilla experience.

Fun or not it was not intended. Rek bombs were fun too.

I think "what was fun and created legendary tales" in this case should weigh more heavily than "what was intended."
05/15/2018 08:55 AMPosted by Dachas
Aoe farming to the extent that it's done, does not favor questing, and truly ruins the experience of vanilla wow. That would be the one thing I hope blizzard addresses, along with fixing bg's, and not allowing premades to run roughshot on everyone else.

That is why I like PvP servers. Control those who aoe farm by killing them and contesting their spawn points.
05/15/2018 10:33 AMPosted by Visaenya

Going under stormwind, or ontop of IF with wallwalking/walljumping doesn't ruin the game for anyone. It's one of my favorite hobbies in WoW and it's super fun to explore. All the BG ones (except the hordes into Ally base in AV-which I thin is still there) we're already fixed before TBC came out.

Saying sh*- like AoE farming is an exploit? Literally lolwut.

The only obvious answers are thing's like duping and cloning items.

I was gonna bring up a discussion for using Mind Control and buffing Horde characters with Blessings before important raid boss fights, but suggest it not be changed, but jesus. Are you guys Blizzard? 'FUN DETECTED - IMMEDIATE NERF' is all I'm seeing in this thread.

How do you know this didn't cause lag or all the server crashes?

Oh wow now that mind control buff you just mentioned that is the very definition of an exploit. Lol.
Horde definitely was not meant to have pally buffs. Its definitely not accidental either. I mean that takes some prep to pull off. Lol.

Every exploit is "fun" to those using them.
Part of the reason we pay for this service is debugging.

What's it going to say if they do leave exploits and allow their use? What's that do to blizz policy across the board?

The fun is doing quests, meeting people, building relationships, honor and prestige within the community, real RPG, a sense of accomplishment, and ofc challenge.
Exploit abuse negates ALL of that.
05/15/2018 03:54 PMPosted by Padrepwn
The fun is doing quests, meeting people, building relationships, honor and prestige within the community, real RPG, a sense of accomplishment, and ofc challenge.
Exploit abuse negates ALL of that.

Apparently not, apparently ''FUN'' is finding new and exciting ways to break the game.

05/15/2018 10:33 AMPosted by Visaenya

Sorry gramps,i don't like buggy broken games have enough of them in the AAA space today, a game from 14 years ago? i expect it to be polished to a near perfect state, that does not include things like ''bubble hearthing'' that you described.
But wall jumping into an area of the map that is un finished or a glitch fest, i guess i am anti fun sorry.
05/15/2018 07:59 AMPosted by Amathal

Panther boss thing?

Regardless you reminded me of another:

Hakkar in ZG would MC a tank at some point.... If you used a Voidwalker to tank the boss however, he would stroke out trying to Mind control your pet and basically just stop attacking altogether. I'd assume hunter pets also worked.
05/14/2018 02:50 PMPosted by Aryxymaraki
05/14/2018 02:35 PMPosted by Doomtroll
Also leave items like 'Invulnerable mail' at what it was in the last vanilla patches.
D O - N O T: Balance/correct items around the mindset of Burning Crusade which emphasized more on PvP balances.

Invulnerable Mail was nerfed mid-vanilla, not in the BC pre-patch.

And no, WF proc chances should be what they should be, neither multiplied by a bug nor reduced to zero. A WF bonus hit is a normal melee hit, and should have the same chance to proc things as a white attack.

05/14/2018 01:42 PMPosted by Padrepwn

Concern over the health of the Game is trolling?

Amusing how the #nochanges went from "nochnages except exploits" to "well that was a fun exploit" or "is that really an exploit?".

I'm still amazed this thread isn't filled. Relevant topic and the community shuns it except a few?

Some don't love classic. They love their exploits.

You're trolling, but I'll tell you anyway.

I don't think this thread is especially valuable because, by necessity, the porting process is going to fix some bugs/exploits and add in some others. Until we see which ones remained and which were removed, and which new ones were added, there's very little point in giving feedback on it.

When there's a beta, if I'm in it, I will give feedback about bugs, exploits, and any other issues that arise. Until then, they're not in a finished enough state to care about this kind of minor interaction.

It's necessary because blizz asked for feedback. Haven't seen blizz in here saying hold on guys we'll come back to that when we get that far.
As you can see the player base can't even agree on what's an exploit.
We don't know what stage their in.
This seems like a more productive topic than some I've seen.
Seems like some just don't want this talked about.

If speaking my mind is trolling well Fish on!
Ya I would like if at blizzard, or obviously anytime before. Blizzard lets us know what they consider to be exploits so we have an idea on what will probably be fixed. letting us further discuss more specific things and not be in such a gray area.
Some things simply can't be fixed without messing everything up.

If you fix the power shifting exploit on the Wolfshead helm and limit the Manual Crowd Pummeler, you effectively destroy Feral Cat druids doing any DPS remotely good enough to consider them for raiding/PvP.
05/15/2018 11:22 PMPosted by Hemoglobin
Some things simply can't be fixed without messing everything up.

If you fix the power shifting exploit on the Wolfshead helm and limit the Manual Crowd Pummeler, you effectively destroy Feral Cat druids doing any DPS remotely good enough to consider them for raiding/PvP.

I personally don't consider those items as exploits, more or less abuses in my eyes. but that is just my opinion.
Anything that wasn't intended.

I had just as much fun wall climbing and exploring "forbidden" areas as the next player did, but if Blizzard didn't intend the game to work that way, it shouldn't.

And any new exploits/bugs that are discovered after Classic goes live. I mean, if someone figures out a way to teleport between flagrooms in WSG two months after Classic's release....that's game breaking and should be hotfixed immediately. I'd hope even the most hardcore of the no changes crowd would agree with that.
05/15/2018 10:45 PMPosted by Hatchmark
Ya I would like if at blizzard, or obviously anytime before. Blizzard lets us know what they consider to be exploits so we have an idea on what will probably be fixed. letting us further discuss more specific things and not be in such a gray area.

Its not a grey area.
Edit: They have.

us.battle.net/support/en/article/42673