Class Halls Dissolve?

General Discussion
So given the fact that class halls saw a huge co-operation between Alliance and Horde members, are we just going to conveniently forget that when BfA launches? Or is there going to be a Lore-reason given as to why best friends who served in the same hall suddenly want to kill each other? Personally, I can't see Maxwell Tyrosus and Lady Liadrin trying to murder each other after serving a Blood Elf Highlord to help fight the Legion.
Conflict rarely needs much of an excuse.

And the Alliance and Horde conflict is one of centuries of distrust if not outright war. This is a universe that's built on warfare. Falling back into those ways doesn't need much of a plot twist.

Humans fight at the drop of a hat. We hate without any reason whatsoever. Why should orcs and night elves and various and sundry allied races be any different?
Because of the ridiculous trauma we've all been through together. We literally went to the seat of Creation together. We defeated titans and forged bonds that ran deep. I can't really see that just being brushed under the rug.
Now that the big bad is out of the way we can settle our differences on Azeroth.
An old light god corrupted em or something
only thing i can see is the void gods mind controlling people but we don't know they are mind controlling people for like 5 years... then they spin it all off
I recall reading somewhere that the Class Halls (and all relevant characters, quests, etc..) will be retconned for BfA as having never existed and only the Horde & Alliance had any relevancy in Legion content. Apparently this was done because the Writers realized that an entire Expansion where everybody was working together made it harder to justify them killing each other in the next one.

/shrug
>saved Garona from beign gul'dans mind slave
>helped her in Legion
> in BFA she forgets all i did for her and is now agaisnt any and all alliance members.

this is why you can never trust a green skin....nearly as bad as goblins.
I still feel kinship with all priests when I get into healer care-bear mode. BFA won't change that.
05/08/2018 07:07 PMPosted by Crepe
Humans fight at the drop of a hat. We hate without any reason whatsoever. Why should orcs and night elves and various and sundry allied races be any different?

Because games are escapism, not reality. What's stopping us from just going outside if we want to see dumb violence?
Old expansion packs are considered the past so it doesn't really "count".
I expect no changes in class halls. Millions of players will, in the next few years, go thru levels 100 to 110. Some of them will do some things in the class halls.

Millions of players HAVE gone thru levels 90 to 100 in time since Legion was out, and some of them did things in their garrisons.

The game is not only for existing players and not only for their single top-level toon. For everyone else, all the old expansions are still "current content".

05/08/2018 08:24 PMPosted by Aelandaelm
Old expansion packs are considered the past so it doesn't really "count".

I don't agree, and I don't think Blizzard's dev team agrees.
05/08/2018 08:22 PMPosted by Qingstout

Because games are escapism, not reality. What's stopping us from just going outside if we want to see dumb violence?

sure games aren't about reality, but deciding that we shouldn't bring in realistic elements of human interaction is wrong completely. We escape into books for example, but books that utilize real logical human interaction are often some of the best
Not all will fall apart The Black Havest have been working together ignoring faction difference for a long time now their only concern is gaining more power. The silver hand while shrink in size still has important objectives in the plague lands and northrend.
Ebon blade seem to not care too much about horde or alliance conflicts.
05/08/2018 08:52 PMPosted by Stayinmylos
<span class="truncated">...</span>

sure games aren't about reality, but deciding that we shouldn't bring in realistic elements of human interaction is wrong completely. We escape into books for example, but books that utilize real logical human interaction are often some of the best

If games begin to blend with reality, they become less attractive.

Dumb, violent, irrational figures on both sides. Fantasy begins to lose its luster.

And the Alliance and Horde conflict is one of centuries of distrust if not outright war. This is a universe that's built on warfare. Falling back into those ways doesn't need much of a plot twist.

The Alliance and Horde in all their incarnations have only existed for 30-ish years in the in-game chronology. That's hardly centuries.
We will always be able to visit our garrisons.

There is a large basket with balls of yarn and catnip in the barrow den of the Dreamgrove. I'm sure it will always be there when we need it.

This is the stupidest thing I have ever read. It's just war for wars sake. It's boring and senseless that after decades of fruitless fighting against threats far greater than themselves they would resort to petty, irrelevant faction conflict. Shame on you.

Also I had to laugh at "centuries of mistrust", try 30 years.
05/08/2018 07:08 PMPosted by Dathretarian
We literally went to the seat of Creation together. We defeated titans and forged bonds that ran deep.
correction, i went to the seat of creation with other alliance players. i did not see any hordies helping out.

besides even if we did forge these bonds built from hardship, im still going to stab you if the opportunity presents itself especially if you are forsaken.
05/08/2018 09:36 PMPosted by Atharnos
senseless that after decades of fruitless fighting against threats far greater than themselves they would resort to petty,
welcome to war buddy, it is often times senseless. what other reason do i need to fight a war with the horde other than my desire to kill horde? the fact that the races of the horde still exist is the only reason needed to wage war on the horde.