Worst Game Master response from Blizzard

Customer Support
So I have a DK named Stnchofdeth for 2 years now and someone reported the name. So of course as told I changed it and a GM came online saying the new name could not be used either. When I asked the Game Master why I got no response except to move to a safe place. What happened to your customer service Blizzard? This was the worst customer service I have seen from Blizzard in the 12 years I have been playing this game! I took the survey and named the GM in it. I think that one needs better customer services skills before you loose more customers for poor customer service. After all many players pay lots of money for your services! So disappointed in your customer service rep!
05/09/2018 05:38 PMPosted by Oneeightysix
So I have a DK named Stnchofdeth for 2 years now and someone reported the name. So of course as told I changed it and a GM came online saying the new name could not be used either. When I asked the Game Master why I got no response except to move to a safe place. What happened to your customer service Blizzard? This was the worst customer service I have seen from Blizzard in the 12 years I have been playing this game! I took the survey and named the GM in it. I think that one needs better customer services skills before you loose more customers for poor customer service. After all many players pay lots of money for your services! So disappointed in your customer service rep!

The GMs aren't there to hold your hand. You broke the rules and the GM was there to fix it. They didn't need to have a chat with you. Next time name your characters within the rules, it isn't that hard.
It is up to you to educate yourself, there are very specific Naming Policy documents here on the website, read one.
Is you DK on an RP server? The naming rules are much stricter there if that's the case.

It also is possible that the GM missed your question. They are human after all.

The survey is truly the only feedback method. Posting here is for players to help other players and is moderated by the Support Forum Agents.

Edit:
Role Play Naming Policy: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/135764
WoW Naming Policy: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/34530
05/09/2018 05:40 PMPosted by Perl
Is you DK on an RP server? The naming rules are much stricter there if that's the case.

THe OP's toon name was partly a sentence.
Your new name was also against name rules I would imagine to warrant a second reflag.
The GM gave you the heads up to get to a stopping point so they could boot you out and let you rename the character again.

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/wow_tou.html
This has some guidelines on what to avoid when naming characters.
I'm sorry that you found it so, Oneeightysix. Our Game Masters generally are not able to explain in detail why a name may have violated policy. They let you know that it violated the RP naming policy, that is as much as they really are able to do.

From what I can see, it seems that you had selected the same name and the Game Master was trying to make sure you were in a safe location so they could reflag your name. If you had been reported a second time it could have resulted in a suspension from the game, which they were trying to do you a courtesy and avoid.

To be clear, how long you may have had the name is not relevant. Our policies are reactive by nature so they require other players to report you. Simply because that did not happen previously doesn't sanction the use of the name.

Additionally, on why the name violates policy. Stenchofdeth is a partial sentence, which is covered by our RP naming policy. I hope that helps explain why the name was flagged.

If you have feedback regarding how a Game Master may have addressed your ticket the appropriate means to provide that feedback is to fill out the survey that will become available when you mark your ticket as resolved.
05/09/2018 05:46 PMPosted by Itsuki
Your new name was also against name rules I would imagine to warrant a second reflag.

Area 52 isn't an RP realm.
05/09/2018 05:47 PMPosted by Vrakthris
They let you know that it violated the RP naming policy

these two statements are sort of confusing.
05/09/2018 06:14 PMPosted by Nobully
They let you know that it violated the RP naming policy

The character that's posting right now is from Area 52, but OP had some characters on an RP realm that ended up getting changed.

The character posting is on Area 52, the one mentioned in the post isn't the same character thus not necessarily on the same realm. :)
05/09/2018 06:32 PMPosted by Vrakthris

The character posting is on Area 52, the one mentioned in the post isn't the same character thus not necessarily on the same realm. :)

Thank you for the polite and professional response, Vrakthris. You are correct the character in question is on Moonguard and this is one of two characters I ever post on in the forums. Plus at the time of this posting I had not yet change my DK's name. So quick question if my rogue's name is Buttpoker will it too get reported on Moonguard since it is an RP server?
Well, I'm not Vrak - but yes, that one would get reported on any realm.

If you have names that are questionable, self-reporting is far better than waiting for them to be reported. We can work with you on them.
if my rogue's name is <inappropriate on any server> will it too get reported on Moonguard since it is an RP server?

Yes. Definitely. Not because it's on an RP server either. Read the links I provided and then take the time to self report your names so that you don't end up with a suspension.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/wow/197/588/channels

Be sure to include any characters with inappropriate names and their servers.
Thank's for the responses. It was a level 5 so I just deleted it and will start again. was just wondering because I have seen some names that are not appropriate but I don't like to report names I rather report when people act like idiots and start using foul language.
Just because a name exists does NOT mean it is 'ok', it just means it hasn't been reported.