Does Ythisens actively play the game?

General Discussion
1 2 3 7 Next
He seems like he's had extensive experience playing the game, and it seems like he continues to play on a regular basis.

Has anyone here seen him in game? Does he raid mythic or do any high end challenging stuff?
I would assume it is under a different character and possibly account being that it is probably a personal one, where he posts from a work account here.
You're not going to see blues in the game playing like normal players, at least not with their blue names. Ion plays a shaman, but it's not named Watcher. Ythisens plays a paladin and perhaps other things.
05/14/2018 11:31 AMPosted by Nixxea
You're not going to see blues in the game playing like normal players, at least not with their blue names. Ion plays a shaman, but it's not named Watcher. Ythisens plays a paladin and perhaps other things.

Yeah i was thinking having a blue name in game might draw a lot of unnecessary attention to that player.

But yeah, ive seen him talk about playing a paladin, but wasn't sure if he actively plays anymore.

Do you think its a requirement that CMs play the game actively to work as a CM?
05/14/2018 11:34 AMPosted by Jaylock

I don't spend a lot of time reading Blizzard job postings, but as far as I remember, it is not a requirement to play any Blizzard game. However, they do require "genuine passion" for Blizzard products, and such people are highly likely to play one or more Blizzard games, especially the one they are applying to be a CM for.

However, here is one of the requirements for the Overwatch social media manager:
An expert-level understanding of memes

This is the moment the internet has been waiting for.

https://careers.blizzard.com/en-us/openings/oy9r7fwZ

All Blizzard employees have a WoW account. How much they play is up to them. There are a lot of employees that are pretty invested in their game, so it's not surprising when we find out they're playing quite a bit. Or that sometimes work gets in the way of game playing--like when the CMs travel to trade shows. Puts a dent in your game time.

The real question is... did Bashiok kill himself in WoD? Or did he skip that rare...?
I always thought Ythisens was a female
05/14/2018 11:48 AMPosted by Ijilijil
I always thought Ythisens was a female

I thought so too, but I just checked the original introduction post by Ornyx and it's all male pronouns. Not sure why I thought otherwise.
blue are all horde lovers i bet,like the rest of blizzards employees.
05/14/2018 11:26 AMPosted by Jaylock
He seems like he's had extensive experience playing the game, and it seems like he continues to play on a regular basis.

I have quite a bit of experience. I've played for 12 years total this fall and more than 10 now have been on my Paladin.

Has anyone here seen him in game? Does he raid mythic or do any high end challenging stuff?

People have probably seen me in game but its under a different name. As for what content I do I'm very much so a Mythic raider. I go through phases of being very into it and casually doing raid tiers with friends. Every so often I get back into it far more aggressively. I do have a world first kill! Not saying which one because it would be far too easy to track my personal Paladin. It wasn't a final boss though so it's not as impressive.

Yep! The name Ythisens is actually claimed globally on all regions since it was my name as a Game Master. So its reserved for that account. My personal names are all different.

It's not a listed requirement but I'd be impressed if anyone could do this job and not know the game inside and out to a very high degree. You pretty much have to play it to know the intricacies of how the community and the game functions. Every CM on WoW loves the game and plays it quite a bit and we actually do Mythic+'s, raids, and battlegrounds together.

I can't imagine anyone who didn't play the game and understand the community getting past the interview process. Ornyx asked me some pretty hard questions I had to really think about while answering.
The real question is... Alliance or Horde?
05/14/2018 01:02 PMPosted by Alaeis

Papa Ythisens is the type to play female tauren paladin!
05/14/2018 12:42 PMPosted by Ythisens

I have quite a bit of experience. I've played for 12 years total this fall and more than 10 now have been on my Paladin.

People have probably seen me in game but its under a different name. As for what content I do I'm very much so a Mythic raider. I go through phases of being very into it and casually doing raid tiers with friends. Every so often I get back into it far more aggressively. I do have a world first kill! Not saying which one because it would be far too easy to track my personal Paladin. It wasn't a final boss though so it's not as impressive.

Yep! The name Ythisens is actually claimed globally on all regions since it was my name as a Game Master. So its reserved for that account. My personal names are all different.

It's not a listed requirement but I'd be impressed if anyone could do this job and not know the game inside and out to a very high degree. You pretty much have to play it to know the intricacies of how the community and the game functions. Every CM on WoW loves the game and plays it quite a bit and we actually do Mythic+'s, raids, and battlegrounds together.

I can't imagine anyone who didn't play the game and understand the community getting past the interview process. Ornyx asked me some pretty hard questions I had to really think about while answering.
Man, how cool of an experience it must have been to interview and work for a gaming company that you had already spent years of being a customer to.

Talk about living the dream!
05/14/2018 01:02 PMPosted by Alaeis

Honest Answer:
Both

I have characters ready to go on both sides. I've done progression on both sides. The main Paladin is Horde however I have two more on the Alliance side. Majority of my alts are still Alliance since I've spent the most time on that side of the fence.

Ooh could you at least tell us the race of your paladin? Or even faction?

If you've played since classic likelihood is closest to dwarf or human. However you could've race or faction changed if you fell in love with another race.

My guess is Dwarf.
05/14/2018 01:06 PMPosted by Ythisens
I have characters ready to go on both sides.
Care to show us your characters you main on both sides then? It would only be fair since everyone else can't hide their armories when they are posting on the forums, unless it's being posted on a low level toon and such.
05/14/2018 02:46 PMPosted by Chilayllenn
05/14/2018 01:06 PMPosted by Ythisens
I have characters ready to go on both sides.
Care to show us your characters you main on both sides then? It would only be fair since everyone else can't hide their armories when they are posting on the forums, unless it's being posted on a low level toon and such.

Yeah that sounds like a great idea. Get harassed indefinitely so someone can snoop your gear. Haha what?
05/14/2018 02:32 PMPosted by Velaethia
Ooh could you at least tell us the race of your paladin?

Horde one is Blood Elf. The main Alliance one is Human and the second is Dwarf. Soon to be Dark Iron Dwarf!
05/14/2018 02:47 PMPosted by Edelodin
Yeah that sounds like a great idea. Get harassed indefinitely so someone can snoop your gear. Haha what?
To be fair, he could SS his paladin and just like photoshop his char name out.
05/14/2018 02:51 PMPosted by Ascended
05/14/2018 02:47 PMPosted by Edelodin
To be fair, he could SS his paladin and just like photoshop his char name out.

Still sounds like a lot of work to just see a toon model with some gear for a skill measuring contest, you know?