Does Ythisens actively play the game?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 7 Next
Okay thats all the important questions out of the way, time to balance the discussion with some stupid questions:

1. Why are all the stickies posted by Ornyx? Power struggle?
2. Fold or scrunch?
3. Did you ever do the Insane title grind?
4. Whats your favourite battle pet?
5. Why does the southern hemisphere not exist in the eyes of Blizzard?
05/14/2018 05:08 PMPosted by Teelo
1. Why are all the stickies posted by Ornyx? Power struggle?

It's whoever gets to it first. That goat is lightning fast but I've beat him to a few.

2. Fold or scrunch?

Fold. I'm not a savage.

3. Did you ever do the Insane title grind?

Yep. I did mine when it first came out. I spent months paying people for Darkmoon deck turn ins. I think I spent a good 500-600k in total on getting Darkmoon exalted.

4. Whats your favourite battle pet?

*looks at avatar* I'm gonna pretend you didn't ask that question.

5. Why does the southern hemisphere not exist in the eyes of Blizzard?

I'm a North American Community Manager. Only US and Canada exist to me. Shoutout to Canada. Also... NA>EU. I've run out of generic NA things to say.
We do have Latin America Community Managers by the way and forums in those languages.
2. Fold or scrunch?

That's like asking if you do sock-sock-shoe-shoe or sock-shoe-sock-shoe. There's only one correct answer and if you do it any other way you're a sick and twisted heathen.
Ythisens can you guys visit us on the classic forums?
Not saying which one because it would be far too easy to track my personal Paladin.

XT- 002.
05/14/2018 05:30 PMPosted by Ythisens
I'm a North American Community Manager. Only US and Canada exist to me. Shoutout to Canada. Also... NA>EU. I've run out of generic NA things to say.
We do have Latin America Community Managers by the way and forums in those languages.
Confirmed: Blizzard isn't aware that Australia exists.
Would you fight one horse sized duck or one hundred duck sized horses?

Could a ghostly baby yak even fight a horse sized duck or duck sized horses?
1: How do you pronounce "Ythisens"?
2: Why "Ythisens"? What story does it have? What does it say about you?
3: Why can't we have last names? A nice long quest would be cool.
4: Can we please have Vanilla Druid form back? Glyph? Quest line?
I'm a rather feral panther. I don't like having all this shiny stuff on me. The sunlight glinting off it scares away my prey.
5: Can we get boat mounts? I want a doomed pirate ship ala The Flying Dutchman from Pirates of the Caribbean.
6: Milk or Dark chocolate?
Gah, I need to be able to up vote blue posts...

lol

This is great! :)
05/14/2018 01:06 PMPosted by Ythisens
05/14/2018 01:02 PMPosted by Alaeis
The real question is... Alliance or Horde?

Honest Answer:
Both

I have characters ready to go on both sides. I've done progression on both sides. The main Paladin is Horde however I have two more on the Alliance side. Majority of my alts are still Alliance since I've spent the most time on that side of the fence.

Which is it? Earlier, you said

I've played for 12 years total this fall and more than 10 now have been on my Paladin.

Assuming that's your Horde pally, right?

I wish they'd let you guys honestly address the Horde situation at Blizzard. A former employee emailed me a few years ago and according to him, it's not an Alliance-friendly place. As in, they joke and kid about it a lot but they're serious about their Hordies.

He said that one of the big shots had a trash can with an Alliance sticker on it and, paraphrasing "That's the mindset on campus".
<span class="truncated">...</span>
Honest Answer:
Both

I have characters ready to go on both sides. I've done progression on both sides. The main Paladin is Horde however I have two more on the Alliance side. Majority of my alts are still Alliance since I've spent the most time on that side of the fence.

Which is it? Earlier, you said

I've played for 12 years total this fall and more than 10 now have been on my Paladin.

Assuming that's your Horde pally, right?

I wish they'd let you guys honestly address the Horde situation at Blizzard. A former employee emailed me a few years ago and according to him, it's not an Alliance-friendly place. As in, they joke and kid about it a lot but they're serious about their Hordies.

He said that one of the big shots had a trash can with an Alliance sticker on it and, paraphrasing "That's the mindset on campus".

Yea, it certainly isn't possible that the "main" paladin was server transferred relatively recently. If their main that they've played for 10 years is currently horde it was always horde.

I mean, I played horde for about a year and a half at launch, then alliance until now, but recently we toyed with transferring to Horde. If we did go through with it, my mains would be Horde even though I spent the majority of my time as alliance.
One question for Ythisens:

Do your guildmates know you're a CM, or is that something you guys have to keep on the hush-hush? Or merely a choice to remain anonymous?
05/14/2018 08:04 PMPosted by Enkrypt
One question for Ythisens:

Do your guildmates know you're a CM, or is that something you guys have to keep on the hush-hush? Or merely a choice to remain anonymous?
Have you ever seen a Trade Chat argument escalate to "MY GUILDIE WORKS FOR BLIZZARD ILL GET HIM TO BAN YOU".

Wait, bad example.
I have a world first kill on Jim the Paladin.

I fell off Loch Modan dam.
SO to properly track a yithsens, one must create a spreadsheet of all characters with world first kills.
Then, one must filter for ONLY blood elf paladins.
Then one must filter for only paladins with achievements going back over 9 years...
Then filter for paladins wearing the Holy Warrior. AKA Challenge Mode set.
Then filter by players who have the title the insane.

And finally after all that work, I will be able to server transfer my rogue, race transfer, sneak up on the poor goat and sap him until he begs the devs to do something about unlimited rogue saps. :D

*rubs hands*
I have my work cut out for me...
05/14/2018 05:30 PMPosted by Ythisens
NA>EU

If we could have gotten a, "Garrosh still did nothing wrong/ Basic Campfire for Warchief" with this quote I would have fainted on top of the keyboard.
Probably the most interesting thread i have seen on here in months. Getting to know your community manager within the community is a great step forward ;)
Thanks for your responses. It was pretty cool to see the human side of a CM! :-) <3
What is your most commonly used mount?
05/14/2018 06:35 PMPosted by Xexah
1: How do you pronounce "Ythisens"?

Yith(imagine Mike Tyson saying yes)-e-sens.

05/14/2018 06:35 PMPosted by Xexah
2: Why "Ythisens"? What story does it have? What does it say about you?

It was given to me on my first day as a Game Master. Since I already had a relationship with the name internally I decided to just keep it. In hindsight I probably should've changed it to something easier to pronounce.

05/14/2018 07:14 PMPosted by Thanastasia
I wish they'd let you guys honestly address the Horde situation at Blizzard.

I'd be curious to see what the actual demographic of Blizzard employees is regarding Horde or Alliance. I think people would be surprised as I think its pretty balanced. I had to actually gear up Alliance characters during Legion just to play with employees that roll alliance. I'm not sure how it was back in the day but I'd say it's probably like 60 percent Horde.

05/14/2018 08:04 PMPosted by Enkrypt

Most people that I play with regularly know I'm a CM.

And finally after all that work, I will be able to server transfer my rogue, race transfer, sneak up on the poor ox and sap him until he begs the devs to do something about unlimited rogue saps. :D

Good luck. I haven't died to a Rogue jump since MoP on the Timeless Isle.

05/15/2018 08:54 AMPosted by Soulshox
Probably the most interesting thread i have seen on here in months. Getting to know your community manager within the community is a great step forward ;)

Sup y'all, its ya boi Ythisens, AMA about how Garrosh did nothing wrong.

05/15/2018 09:48 AMPosted by Umbrafang
What is your most commonly used mount?

Thundering Onyx Cloud Serpent for flying
Kor'kron Juggernaut for ground