Does Ythisens actively play the game?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 7 Next
05/14/2018 06:35 PMPosted by Xexah
1: How do you pronounce "Ythisens"?

Yith(imagine Mike Tyson saying yes)-e-sens.

05/14/2018 06:35 PMPosted by Xexah
2: Why "Ythisens"? What story does it have? What does it say about you?

It was given to me on my first day as a Game Master. Since I already had a relationship with the name internally I decided to just keep it. In hindsight I probably should've changed it to something easier to pronounce.

05/14/2018 07:14 PMPosted by Thanastasia
I wish they'd let you guys honestly address the Horde situation at Blizzard.

I'd be curious to see what the actual demographic of Blizzard employees is regarding Horde or Alliance. I think people would be surprised as I think its pretty balanced. I had to actually gear up Alliance characters during Legion just to play with employees that roll alliance. I'm not sure how it was back in the day but I'd say it's probably like 60 percent Horde.

05/14/2018 08:04 PMPosted by Enkrypt
Do your guildmates know you're a CM, or is that something you guys have to keep on the hush-hush? Or merely a choice to remain anonymous?

Most people that I play with regularly know I'm a CM.

And finally after all that work, I will be able to server transfer my rogue, race transfer, sneak up on the poor ox and sap him until he begs the devs to do something about unlimited rogue saps. :D

Good luck. I haven't died to a Rogue jump since MoP on the Timeless Isle.

05/15/2018 08:54 AMPosted by Soulshox
Probably the most interesting thread i have seen on here in months. Getting to know your community manager within the community is a great step forward ;)

Sup y'all, its ya boi Ythisens, AMA about how Garrosh did nothing wrong.

05/15/2018 09:48 AMPosted by Umbrafang
What is your most commonly used mount?

Thundering Onyx Cloud Serpent for flying
Kor'kron Juggernaut for ground

@Ythisens

Do you enjoy PvP?

Do you regularly PvP?

What is your favorite Arena map?

Favorite Battleground?

What is your most satisfying PvP kill (circumstances of the kill)?

Also, can you do me a favor and ask the mods at MMO-C to unban me from posting on their forums? :)
AMA about how Garrosh did nothing wrong

Nailed it
05/15/2018 11:38 AMPosted by Jaylock
Do you enjoy PvP?

Yep!
Do you regularly PvP?

I don't usually unless I'm after something. I'm very much a grinder so I go after specific rewards. Achievements, Appearances, mounts, etc.
What is your favorite Arena map?

Tiger's Peak or Ashamane's Fall
Favorite Battleground?

Alterac Valley. Never not turtle.
What is your most satisfying PvP kill (circumstances of the kill)?

1v3 against a Feral Druid and two Rogues as a Ret Paladin. They tried to jump me on Argus on like the second or third week. They opened on me. Medallion'd the Kidney into SoV+Wings+WoA. HoJ'd the second higher health rogue. Double crit TV via Divine Purpose proc and killed the Druid(deleted him really). Then I just kept the higher health rogue locked down while I finished off his lower Rogue friend and then finished off the last Rogue. I think it took around a min and a half ish? Had quite a few lucky Divine Purpose procs throughout the fight.
I should've lost as I'm terrible at PVP but I don't think they knew what to do if someone outlived their burst and fought back. Apparently they had spent the entire day doing that to people.
Threads like this are the best.

You've been playing for a long time, so you've been able to experience just about everything when it was current. So what's your favorite dungeon?

Favorite quest?
Here is a hard one: WOTLK or BC?
So many questions asked and answered. I feel like we're really peeling the layers on this CM onion.
05/15/2018 12:22 PMPosted by Sorina
You've been playing for a long time, so you've been able to experience just about everything when it was current. So what's your favorite dungeon?

Oooo favorite dungeon is hard. I always liked doing Sunken Temple and Uldaman. There wasn't anything inherently hard about them but progressing though them was always fun. If you're talking aesthetics then definitely Grimrail Depot because its a moving train and that's just rad. Freehold might take it because, well pirates and Shark Puncher.
05/15/2018 12:22 PMPosted by Sorina
Favorite quest?

Can I just pick zones? Nagrand
05/15/2018 12:30 PMPosted by Saittina
Here is a hard one: WOTLK or BC?

That's not even hard for me. The Burning Crusade. It was the first expansion I raided in and I just have a lot of memories of learning more about the game in that time frame. It's very much a nostalgia thing for me in that regard. My favorite expansion though is probably Mists of Pandaria.
05/14/2018 02:47 PMPosted by Edelodin
Yeah that sounds like a great idea. Get harassed indefinitely so someone can snoop your gear. Haha what?
I've stopped by on Malganis to talk to Ion a few times. One of the first things I asked him, "Do you often get lots of whispers from angry players?" His reply was that it happens sometimes, but more often than not, the conversations he has with players are pleasant.

Contrary to what the forums may have you believe, the majority of WoW players are not of the variety you suggest.
The real question is...

Coffee, or tea?
05/15/2018 12:40 PMPosted by Ythisens
That's not even hard for me. The Burning Crusade.

It's official: Burning Crusade is better than Wrath of the Lich King. You heard it here first.

05/15/2018 12:45 PMPosted by Tenchu
I've stopped by on Malganis to talk to Ion a few times. One of the first things I asked him, "Do you often get lots of whispers from angry players?" His reply was that it happens sometimes, but more often than not, the conversations he has with players are pleasant.

Contrary to what the forums may have you believe, the majority of WoW players are not of the variety you suggest.

Even when people aren't angry, it just seems like it would be annoying. You kind of figure Ion is a person like anyone else and is probably logging in to relax and play the game, not continue to field questions as lead dev or whatever his title is now.
05/15/2018 12:45 PMPosted by Tenchu
His reply was that it happens sometimes, but more often than not, the conversations he has with players are pleasant.

99% of players that find me and message me are actually very pleasant as well. It's very rare that I have a negative experience.
05/15/2018 12:40 PMPosted by Ythisens
My favorite expansion though is probably Mists of Pandaria.

Damn right.
Every time I look at the blue tracker on Wowhead and find a post by Ythisens I find it to be excellent. Intelligent, just the right amount of snark when necessary. Are you as cool a person in real life as you are on the forums? You seem like you would be a really fun person to hang out with.

Also, does Blizzard have an "employee of the month" type thing, and can we vote for you?
I have a couple questions:
1) Ever been defeated in a 1v1 outside Org to a gnome mage named Shipoopi?
2) Do u want to? (If so, please bring the bloodelf). ;)

Seriously tho, thanks for being such a cool CM.
<3

P.s. It doesn’t have to be Org
Hey Ythisens! If you could be able to talk to ANY one character from WoW for a single day, who would you choose? Personally I would want to talk to Malfurion Stormrage and have a nice chat about nature.
05/15/2018 01:07 PMPosted by Arylachor
Are you as cool a person in real life as you are on the forums? You seem like you would be a really fun person to hang out with.

I talk possibly way too much about WoW, music, and anime so I'm probably a little annoying sometimes.

05/15/2018 01:12 PMPosted by Shipoopi

Nobody takes on mages in 1v1s, that's just asking for a bad time.
05/15/2018 01:28 PMPosted by Ythisens
05/15/2018 01:07 PMPosted by Arylachor
Are you as cool a person in real life as you are on the forums? You seem like you would be a really fun person to hang out with.

I talk possibly way too much about WoW, music, and anime so I'm probably a little annoying sometimes.

05/15/2018 01:12 PMPosted by Shipoopi

Nobody takes on mages in 1v1s, that's just asking for a bad time.

Please tell me that your favorite anime is Dragon Ball Z.

Thats the best ever imo. :)
Do you or the other blues ever post on the forums with your actual characters as regular players?
05/15/2018 01:22 PMPosted by Lostartes
Hey Ythisens! If you could be able to talk to ANY one character from WoW for a single day, who would you choose? Personally I would want to talk to Malfurion Stormrage and have a nice chat about nature.

Nat Pagle. I'd be down to fish and just hangout all day.

05/15/2018 01:34 PMPosted by Flaks
Please tell me that your favorite anime is Dragon Ball Z.

I do love DBZ but too much filler for me. Favorite is probably Claymore, FLCL, or Iron Blooded Orphans.

05/15/2018 01:38 PMPosted by Nixxea
Do you or the other blues ever post on the forums with your actual characters as regular players?

I used to but not since I became a blue.
I do love DBZ but too much filler for me. Favorite is probably Claymore, FLCL, or Iron Blooded Orphans.

That's why you watch Dragon Ball Kai instead and pretend it was Z all along.