Does Ythisens actively play the game?

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 Next
How do you feel about the new FLCL they're gonna be airing? I'm not sure it can live up to the greatness.
If I had to pick one genre it would probably be Pop Punk.
You just lost a lot of respect from me, sorry.
Cinnamon Toast Crunch. I just eat it out of the box as I share cereal with no one.
Well, ok, you got some back.
What a heart warmy fuzzie inducing thread.

Kinda like those profiles of employees on the site years ago - improved with personal off-the-cuff questions.

My question: Where did you go or will go for vacation this year?
I liked the expansion, I didn't say anything about the panda side effect. Rolling around leaving fur everywhere. Savages.

Nice save, baby yak.

/moo

Cinnamon Toast Crunch. I just eat it out of the box as I share cereal with no one.

But do you pour the milk first?
05/15/2018 08:42 PMPosted by Thordru
But do you pour the milk first?

Cereal bags generally leak liquid, so if you try to use the box as a bowl, you're gonna have a bad time.
05/14/2018 03:10 PMPosted by Ythisens
05/14/2018 03:04 PMPosted by Emtsif
What is your favorite paladin set?

Holy Warrior. AKA Challenge Mode set. I will wear it till the end of time.
Any plans to allow new recruits or late bloomers to attain their Holy Warrior Set?

With Timewalking, Scaling, Instancing tech, while the challenge is different due to class changes - the difficulty level could still be roughly equal, ain't it?
How do you know you're not one of my alts?

I laughed so hard at this. Blueception.
I do have a world first kill! Not saying which one because it would be far too easy to track my personal Paladin. It wasn't a final boss though so it's not as impressive.

My guess is on Mu'ru
This is a fun thread, I think it'd be cool to have a Q&A session with the other Blues too. Thank you Ythisen for taking the time.

Plus it's been such a long time since we've heard from Neth.
05/16/2018 01:05 AMPosted by Hellasha
This is a fun thread, I think it'd be cool to have a Q&A session with the other Blues too. Thank you Ythisen for taking the time.

Yeah, who took our candle?

My money is on some master revenge plan by the kobolds.

/moo
Wow, this thread turned awesome pretty quick. And while I don't have any questions, I do wanna say thanks to Ythisens for taking the time to answer some of them. Pretty cool to get to know a little about one of our CMs! :-)
05/14/2018 02:46 PMPosted by Chilayllenn
05/14/2018 01:06 PMPosted by Ythisens
I have characters ready to go on both sides.
Care to show us your characters you main on both sides then? It would only be fair since everyone else can't hide their armories when they are posting on the forums, unless it's being posted on a low level toon and such.

I guess you didn't read all of his responses?? You're not "owed" anyones Armory info. And why would any Blue expose themselves to the endless in-game abuse they would get by revealing their identity here???
05/15/2018 06:11 PMPosted by Avente
How do you feel about the new FLCL they're gonna be airing? I'm not sure it can live up to the greatness.

It probably won't live up to it. No sequel is ever as good as the original but as a fan I'm going to love it anyway. I go into everything blank that way if it's bad I'm not that let down and if its good then I have a great time. If it's bad who cares, someone will like it and we'll still have the original.

05/15/2018 07:57 PMPosted by Vixie
Kinda like those profiles of employees on the site years ago - improved with personal off-the-cuff questions.

I remember those! I always thought those were really cool. Maybe we could bring those back in the future, never know! Blizzard has changed so much since those were a thing it might be interesting.

05/15/2018 07:57 PMPosted by Vixie
Where did you go or will go for vacation this year?

Zandalari. Probably back home to visit family. I'm not a big vacation person really so I usually take time off and stay home to play games. The nice thing about living in SoCal is that you can take a day off and spend it at the beach, or someplace like Disneyland.

05/15/2018 10:32 PMPosted by Fairyland
Any plans to allow new recruits or late bloomers to attain their Holy Warrior Set?

I don't know if there are any plans like that. Generally when we say something is being removed at the end we don't bring that reward back. On one hand I'd love to get my missing sets, I only got 4 of them, but I feel like we shouldn't detract their prestige or value. Never know what the future holds though but I would doubt we make those obtainable again. (inb4 25 page MMO Champion thread about how I announced they're coming back)

05/16/2018 12:00 AMPosted by Bodywrecker
My guess is on Mu'ru

Every Mu'ru pre nerf kill felt like a world first kill. Definitely wasn't Mu'ru though, we didn't eat through our servers shamans fast enough.

05/16/2018 01:05 AMPosted by Hellasha

Neth still works on WoW :) She writes a lot of our blogs so you kinda hear from her almost everyday :D I'll tell her you guys said hi when I see her later today.
Ythisens, would you vote for Trump...... as best Hearthstone streamer?

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/hearthstone/topic/20749855303
05/14/2018 12:42 PMPosted by Ythisens
05/14/2018 11:26 AMPosted by Jaylock
He seems like he's had extensive experience playing the game, and it seems like he continues to play on a regular basis.

I have quite a bit of experience. I've played for 12 years total this fall and more than 10 now have been on my Paladin.

05/14/2018 11:26 AMPosted by Jaylock
Has anyone here seen him in game? Does he raid mythic or do any high end challenging stuff?

People have probably seen me in game but its under a different name. As for what content I do I'm very much so a Mythic raider. I go through phases of being very into it and casually doing raid tiers with friends. Every so often I get back into it far more aggressively. I do have a world first kill! Not saying which one because it would be far too easy to track my personal Paladin. It wasn't a final boss though so it's not as impressive.

05/14/2018 11:31 AMPosted by Nixxea
You're not going to see blues in the game playing like normal players, at least not with their blue names. Ion plays a shaman, but it's not named Watcher. Ythisens plays a paladin and perhaps other things.

Yep! The name Ythisens is actually claimed globally on all regions since it was my name as a Game Master. So its reserved for that account. My personal names are all different.

05/14/2018 11:34 AMPosted by Jaylock
Do you think its a requirement that CMs play the game actively to work as a CM?

It's not a listed requirement but I'd be impressed if anyone could do this job and not know the game inside and out to a very high degree. You pretty much have to play it to know the intricacies of how the community and the game functions. Every CM on WoW loves the game and plays it quite a bit and we actually do Mythic+'s, raids, and battlegrounds together.

I can't imagine anyone who didn't play the game and understand the community getting past the interview process. Ornyx asked me some pretty hard questions I had to really think about while answering.

You are one of the few CMs that actually cares about the game and Blizzard ought to be proud of having you aboard. Having the experience first hand certainly in your position certainly helped you a lot.. My hat's off to you and a well deserved thank you and round of applause!
05/16/2018 03:21 PMPosted by Noriaydra
You are one of the few CMs that actually cares about the game

I really like Yth too, but that is not fair to the other CMs. They love the game too and are very involved, but not all of them are as comfy talking about things as candidly as Yth is. Different styles for different folks. The conventional wisdom for a long time was to keep things on the public front "professional" - which to some can mean distant of impersonal, but that seems to be changing, at least for some individuals.

it took me years before I would finally open up over on the D3 forums, where I am the last MVP, and share personal stuff to just hang out and get to know fellow players. It goes a long way towards community building though!
I just noticed Ythisen's head nods! *dies from cute*
I absolutely love this thread. Most interesting and most wholesome thing we've had here for a long time, I feel.
05/15/2018 12:46 PMPosted by Flaymmane
The real question is...

Coffee, or tea?

WHAT!!!!! not even close to the real question, which is.....

Coke or Pepsi?