Nature's Guardian Shaman talent

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
I don't think I've seen much on this elsewhere, so I figured I'd make a separate post as it's not specific to one spec. I wanted to check that this is the intended implementation of when the healing happens. The wording of the talent implies you should be healed when your health is brought below 35%. In testing, the healing happens when you are hit after already being at 35%.

Also checking on it's status as a super niche cheat death, as right now in the super niche situation of being below 35% health and taking a single hit that would kill you, but the amount of damage is less than your remaining health+the 20% healed from NG (resulting in an end health where you are at that 20%-overkill amount).

It would be good to have a response on this to clarify that the wording of the talent tooltip is inaccurate(since you are not instantly healed once below 35%) or that it is currently not working as intended.
05/15/2018 10:39 AMPosted by Twisp

Also checking on it's status as a super niche cheat death, as right now in the super niche situation of being below 35% health and taking a single hit that would kill you, but the amount of damage is less than your remaining health+the 20% healed from NG (resulting in an end health where you are at that 20%-overkill amount).

It would be good to have a response on this to clarify that the wording of the talent tooltip is inaccurate(since you are not instantly healed once below 35%) or that it is currently not working as intended.

In addition to this, if the current interaction is intended, I can't say that it's worth taking compared to the competitors (Wind Rush Totem is always going to be viable. Ancestral Guidance, Feral Lunge, and Graceful Spirit all seem more worthwhile in that tier unless we're doing a mythical no-movement-required fight).

It also reminds me of an issue that Will of the Necropolis (the DK tank talent) had for awhile (the WoD iteration where it triggered a free instant Rune Tap), where the chance of it preventing your death was unspeakably rare due to similar implementation. That version of the talent was the worst on the row at the time, because a 40% damage reduction isn't very helpful if it only shows up when you've already dropped to 30% or lower HP from the prior attack. It's the kind of mechanic that looks good on paper for newer players, but by taking it they're actively hurting themselves.
It should happen if you get hit from e.g. 40% to 30%. Should be fixed in an upcoming build.
Good to know, thanks for the quick response!
05/15/2018 11:38 AMPosted by Sigma
It should happen if you get hit from e.g. 40% to 30%. Should be fixed in an upcoming build.

Just want to point out that this has also been a long-standing problem with monk's Healing Elixir.

please have whoever is working on boomkins read the long thread of great advice and concerns.
05/15/2018 01:11 PMPosted by Fracx

please have whoever is working on boomkins read the long thread of great advice and concerns.

Druid in general please. Seems like they have only looked at tank feedback.

Sorry to hijack thread. Druids feeling neglected.
what about the lavaburst bug Sigma. Is it a bug or a new functionality because of the change to flameshock cooldown.
05/15/2018 12:42 PMPosted by Kibsmack

Just want to point out that this has also been a long-standing problem with monk's Healing Elixir.

Thanks, made the same change here.