Warmode question regarding party with friends

War Mode and World PvP
Let's say I have war mode disabled and I invite a bnet friend of mine who has war mode enabled, so we go do worlds quest together and stuff, what is gonna happen? Would it switch on/off war mode for one of us, maybe getting everyone toggled like the party leader? Do the players actually have to travel to a city in order to be able to play together?
You'll likely be on separate phases until both are either on or off warmode.
Pretty sure blizz stated you can only see people in war mode this includes world quest stuff in group finder
That sucks considering that right now, you can invite anyone you know in a party and do whatever with them. It feels a little bit like a stepback or taking away that ability, especially if for example youre about the only one who doesnt like world pvp while most of your friends are pro world pvp; gonna be quite the hassle to keep going back to toggle pvp off or on
Just always flag for Warmode. Problem solved.
05/14/2018 08:56 PMPosted by Kagarn
That sucks considering that right now, you can invite anyone you know in a party and do whatever with them.

And you still will, you just need to be on the same shard type. It's not like it takes forever to switch it on or off...
I haven't been able to test much on beta, but are honor talents available in instances as well? That is, PvE instances - raids and dungeons?
05/15/2018 01:14 PMPosted by Hushkawnek
I haven't been able to test much on beta, but are honor talents available in instances as well? That is, PvE instances - raids and dungeons?
no
When I heard Warmode was gonna be a thing, I thought I could do without world pvp forever. Not really true if i wanna meet up with friends for stuff like world quests, or even if i wanna help out same friends to summon party members before we zone in to a dungeon.

05/15/2018 07:27 AMPosted by Bril

And you still will, you just need to be on the same shard type. It's not like it takes forever to switch it on or off...

Now sometimes ill be out somewhere and will have to hearth back just for toggle it, then later I'll have to remember to head out again to turn it off before i start cursing at the game because someone ganked me. That is the part im annoyed at. I just wish there was a way to use warmode while still being able to interact with those friends that have it toggled differently.
I hope there is an eventual solution to this. Even a really long cast time AND having to be rested, as it is now it is a barrier to playing with friends and confusing to boot, it took me minutes to realise a friend had it toggled off so we couldn't see each other.