lilian voss and nathanos

Story Forum
Prev 1 3 4 5
05/22/2018 06:24 AMPosted by Okhu
05/21/2018 06:09 PMPosted by Arlifrex

How’s that working for you? Enjoying the puppy eating?

Are they Alliance puppies? if so then yes.

Voss is a rogue, and definitely didn't have character development even though she very plainly did but we didn't get to see it all in "The Life of Voss" quest Blizzard forgot to add that showed you Voss's day to day and her dreams and her ambitions, up to her deciding to follow Sylvannas. (Or at least pretend following her, much like Garona, because a pair of Rogues in a secret organization who supposedly have deposed leaders before definitely wouldn't lie about the reason they're helping someone who according to everyone needs to be deposed.)

It seems like you enjoy any horde development simply because it’s a horde story. That or you really want the faction war.
I mean it is world of Warcraft. Sorry If I expect conflict in my game about two factions and their practically never ending conflict. I think Anduin (And post Wrath Thrall) were bad for the game, unless they use them as a scapegoat to reignite the war full scale. I liked how Cataclysm was doing it. (Granted the Alliance took it a bit too much on the chin there to be honest. As someone who plays both factions.) And felt the MoP conflict could have been written better ( I did enjoy the fighting though. Less so the Old God influence and Übermensch Orcs / Stupid Rebellion garbage that came as baggage with it.)
05/22/2018 04:49 AMPosted by Carrastealth
Yes and when Lilian was leaving a trail of bodies in the plaguelands and you never saw her, was pretty rogue'ish, if you want to talk about Teldrassil.

Also as I said, Lilian was carving out more a path of revenge, she went about her means of getting the things she needed for her ultimate plan in about as rogue a way as she could while enlisting our help.
actually, i see her quite a bit, she isn't exactly subtle, in fact she is quite blunt in her approach. when she is hunting necromancers like gandling she would announce her presence loudly for everyone to hear her. giving herself away and losing the element of surprise. if she is suppose to be a rogue than she is the worst rogue on azeroth.

05/22/2018 04:49 AMPosted by Carrastealth
So you're going to compare the actions of the rogues that were essentially carrying out their jobs in warfare, to a lone wolf going out there trying to carve a path of destruction and Revenge?

Sorry, but when Lilian was settling a personal vendetta she didn't go about it delicately.
and that is why she is a bad rogue, rogues are precise and surgical in their strikes, but voss is as subtle as a environmentalist message in a movie like fern gully. even outlaw rogues are more subtle than she is, and they are the ones who will pull out a gun to shoot you at point blank range.

[/quote]

Cause nothing says subtle and quiet like a barrage of cannonballs reigning down on your location :P
05/21/2018 10:36 AMPosted by Carrastealth
the 'family' aspect

I'm starting to see this as an excuse/defense mechanism rather than a genuine description of the Horde.

Hmm...
05/21/2018 11:39 PMPosted by Ronstin
See, I've always been a die-hard against the assumption that shadow magic is an inherent part of the rogue kit. We used to have plenty of arguments about it on this forum.

Light Slayers were a class unto themselves, not ordinary rogues. I guess my wording might have blurred the lines there. Lillian herself was presented as something of an experiment done by the Scarlet Crusade, and the Scarlet Crusade being a light based very possibly could've stumbled upon shadow magic and decided it was suitable to use as long as it was directed towards the undead. Sure, we've never seen anything else use purple fire shadow magic, but I really don't see what other magic category Lillian's shown abilities would occupy.

I wasn't speaking about rogues generally.
05/22/2018 08:22 AMPosted by Okhu
I mean it is world of Warcraft. Sorry If I expect conflict in my game about two factions and their practically never ending conflict. I think Anduin (And post Wrath Thrall) were bad for the game, unless they use them as a scapegoat to reignite the war full scale. I liked how Cataclysm was doing it. (Granted the Alliance took it a bit too much on the chin there to be honest. As someone who plays both factions.) And felt the MoP conflict could have been written better ( I did enjoy the fighting though. Less so the Old God influence and Übermensch Orcs / Stupid Rebellion garbage that came as baggage with it.)

I would like a world of peacecraft expansion, where we deal with small local threats as we explore a new continent, make the final raid us raiding a titan vault or something.
I'm with Carrastealth... in turning Soothsage.... Lilian herself became a Necro.... and she had two choices .... hate herself , or accept it and work toward protecting her adopted family while seeking vengeance, ideals that she shares with Sylvanas the Warchief , by working with them. And she must have realized that Sylvanas is much more cunning and ruthless than she is, so the wise thing is to follow and assist. I do agree that her apparent sudden submissive tone is ....unsettling... but consider that she's trying to win Nathanos' and Sylvanas' trust....or maybe she has found new respect for Nathanos ... or had fallen for him perhaps (j/k lol).
Not sure if everyone knows my personal feelings on Voss. I just don't like that Blizzard decided to throw all previous character development for her out of the window to make her fit the narrative for BfA and that imo is very disrespectful to her character and those that liked her before she was completely ret conned for the story. It becomes really hard to believe her when she's telling people no one should want or deserve their "curse" while simultaneously dragging in the corpse of a woman she just murdered to be forced into said curse. Blizzard is making her look and sound like a hypocrite and I don't like that. She deserves better.