Elemental

Shaman
Taking a break from the usual theme of threads, I just wanted to say how much I enjoy ele in it's current form.

I main as a tank in raiding/pushing keys, and this is generally an alt I used to only do one +15+ key a week on, but lately I've just been having a blast running keys on it. Nothing rivals the feeling of watching things blow-up with the touch of a finger - ily Stormkeeper. Recently did a CoEN, can't remember what level, and when adds came out on first boss the other 2 dps came to switch, made their way over and watched them die to Stormkeeper and just laughed. Feltgoodman.

Also not sure why people generally bash on Shaman's lack of survivability? Our 40% wall is pretty decent with a short cd, and I just chuck on Prydaz on higher Tyrannical bosses, which thanks to our stats isn't that much of a dps loss.

Going to miss Ele's current iteration come BFA. Going to play this alt as much as I can and enjoy it while it lasts.
I've been around since Vanilla and played all roles. I had almost given up on playing for fun anymore, and then found the elemental shaman! It's fun, effective, and pretty easy. Cheers!
people bash on elemental because we love this spec and want to see it improved

Play any other caster and you just get a better overall experience gameplay wise. Elemental feels incomplete. Okay we do burst AoE great ... that's not enough

i have posted on other threads my gripes with elemental check it out

There's a reason there aren't many shaman dps in high end mythic raiding or the MDI because there is no need for them

Bring a class that can do what the shaman does but better and more durable or gives more raid utility. Shaman is a liability at high levels.
05/25/2018 09:51 AMPosted by Repodude
There's a reason there aren't many shaman dps in high end mythic raiding or the MDI because there is no need for them

There's several dps specs that aren't utlised in CE Mythic raiding and far from ideal for M+.

Even for tanks, if you weren't a bear from M KJ or a monk for M Argus you'd have a tough time.

The top 0.01% doesn't properly reflect how things are

Are you new to the game?
05/27/2018 06:17 PMPosted by Titomic

There's several dps specs that aren't utlised in CE Mythic raiding and far from ideal for M+.

Even for tanks, if you weren't a bear from M KJ or a monk for M Argus you'd have a tough time.

Are you new to the game?

I get your point, but I do enjoy pushing high keys. My shaman is the only class I really enjoy playing, and it does feel bad that I can only push a key up to a 22 or 23 before I just can't survive without stacking a party of externals and trinkets specifically to accomodate me. While the MDI is a very small representation of the overall player base, I think there is still some data to be taken away from seeing groups stacking the same exact classes, simply because they have immunities, or decent defensives, or party utility. This isn't a problem specific to shaman however, and I really hope they go forward with the m+ system keeping this in mind.

As far as mythic raiding, I think there's representation for every class and spec, so I don't necessarily see that as a valuable point.
Our lack of defensive cds is a bigger issue than our dps.
I know we don’t rip through mythic bosses as good as locks or mages but we can still perform to the standards needed if we are on point.
But soon as a heavy hit comes out that’s when we are screwed. Frankly astral shift sucks and the removal of shamy rage only hurt us.
Blizzard needs to fix our defensives
People typically bash on ele because previous to this xpac Ele had ZERO survivability and mobiity. We were virtually a sitting turrent dependent on team mates to peel and support us; instead of us supporting them (how ele was initially designed).

In its current state and especially this last iteration of ele we have become very strong with great mobility and survivability with really good dmg. So now you get this influx of wanna be fanbois riding the current state of ele.
I love how this thread turned exactly into what i was trying to avoid
In PVP ele is a blast in legion. The dmg rotation feels smooth and more controlled than the prior expansions. Kiting was more of an active defensive with roots, gow, thunderstorms, and gw. Compared to other xpacs, it felt pretty fun to actually not need to be babysat by all of my teammates. Utility was the only category that left a bit to be desired.

I was so pumped for bfa when I saw tremor and cap baseline, and grounding as an honor talent. But all the good things (dmg rotation/kiting) of legion are getting the axe.

But I truly enjoyed playing ele in legion. Heck I even did m+ dungeons and raid finder as ele, which is my first pve in almost 2 xpacs. I hope they they realize they are messing with something that could of been left alone
05/27/2018 06:17 PMPosted by Titomic

Are you new to the game?

top .1% is literally the top like 5 guilds that push for world first... but if you look on wow progress there's thousands upon thousands of guilds that do Mythic raiding where they might not be as serious or strict about being top dps but it doesn't mean there isnt an issue.

And to answer your question about survivability, if you look at the Fatboss tv guide for enh in the beta they have a nifty little graph of why shamans have the worst survivability. We have one defensive at 40% thats on a high CD, most other classes have several defensives or flat out immunities even on shorter cool downs.
05/28/2018 01:07 PMPosted by Madalynn
People typically bash on ele because previous to this xpac Ele had ZERO survivability and mobiity. We were virtually a sitting turrent dependent on team mates to peel and support us; instead of us supporting them (how ele was initially designed).

In its current state and especially this last iteration of ele we have become very strong with great mobility and survivability with really good dmg. So now you get this influx of wanna be fanbois riding the current state of ele.

In prior expacs, shaman actually had more defensives, 10% DR and passive healing through glyphs, and HST, so I can't imagine what you're talking about.

In its current state, we have decent damage, good mobility, and actually the weakest defensive kit in the game. This comment is entirely inaccurate.