token is gonna skyrocket

General Discussion
1 2 3 20 Next
like i don't wanna be that guy, but with the addition of CoD to the Bnet launcher, the token will absolutely skyrocket.... can Blizzard PLEASE do something to manage it's inflation?

it's getting to the point for me where it's near impossible to buy a WoW token for gametime, and buy food/flasks etc in game.

y'all don't have to cap it (although i really wish you did, for both US and EU), but could you please figure out a way to severly slow down the rising cost?

or better yet, have WoW time be a seperate price entirely, that never changes.
Just as gear resets they decided gold should reset. Each expansion has rapid inflation.
They needed to keep the WoWtoken for only WoW related things like server transfers and such... once they opened it up to everything on the launcher, it got out of hand. ESPECIALLY when it included non-blizzard garbage
Remember in WoD, tokens were 18k!
05/17/2018 11:20 AMPosted by Gurliver
can Blizzard PLEASE do something to manage it's inflation?

It manages its own inflation.
Why?

Expensive tokens are in the best interest of Blizzard. Don't buy them and get a job. $15 a month is a pittance of money to pay for a game.
like i don't wanna be that guy, but with the addition of CoD to the Bnet launcher, the token will absolutely skyrocket.... can Blizzard PLEASE do something to manage it's inflation?

it's getting to the point for me where it's near impossible to buy a WoW token for gametime, and buy food/flasks etc in game.

y'all don't have to cap it (although i really wish you did, for both US and EU), but could you please figure out a way to severly slow down the rising cost?

Haha they dont care
05/17/2018 11:25 AMPosted by Mvura
can Blizzard PLEASE do something to manage it's inflation?

It manages its own inflation.

that's not good enough, not when people rely on it for game time. (as was it's original purpose)
Or just don't let wow tokens buy non main blizzard games
it shouldn't have been able to let you buy destiny 2 either imo
The value of gold should fluctuate. Just let it go up, then it will come down.

Think about when BFA comes out, lots of people will be on again wanting to add some gold to their funds for a new mount or two.

Blizz would and will do something if the token ever gets out of hand.

They don't really care if you can only use tokens every other month.
05/17/2018 11:27 AMPosted by Sweetpeaz
Why?

Expensive tokens are in the best interest of Blizzard. Don't buy them and get a job. $15 a month is a pittance of money to pay for a game.

don't be that guy, you know for a fact that everyone can't do that.

i'm simply trying to add my voice to the mix, to hopefully get something done.

if this doesn't effect you (which i assume it doesn't) why do you insist on others getting what they want?
Tokens have already run out, and they're currently climbing past 210K.

Honestly, I'm pretty disgusted that after all the shadiness that happened with Destiny 2, and the massive impact that game had on the WoW economy, we're going for round two with Black Ops 4.
Blizzard wants more people using tokens since tokens are $20 a month sub effectively.

The system will balance itself out.
When you have players around here saying 5mil for a mount is okay, then I don't think complaints about token prices are going to get much play.
If you can’t afford $15/m($13 when pre pay for 6 months) then you shouldn’t be playing wow
I hope so! Looking at that new vendor mount.
For you to buy that token with gold, someone must first have bought it with actual money. If the gold price isn't high enough, nobody is going to buy tokens with cash and there won't be any for those of you who want to buy them with gold. Capping the price will just ensure that the AH runs out of tokens constantly.

You can't force people to buy tokens with cash...the gold is the only incentive.
it's getting to the point for me where it's near impossible to buy a WoW token for gametime,
05/17/2018 11:35 AMPosted by Gurliver
that's not good enough, not when people rely on it for game time. (as was it's original purpose)

That was in no way the purpose, just cough up the $15.
Token prices haven't changed a single time since launch. They are $20.