Void Knights (Velf spriest with a blade)

General Discussion
Prev 1 11 12 13 25 Next
05/21/2018 08:38 PMPosted by Kaiyeri
05/21/2018 08:33 PMPosted by Kaesandra

Discipline Priest do it right?
Though I rather see other races get Paladins first.
OP wants Void Knights, first of all.

Secondly, for the billionth time, Priests wield Light, Paladins are infused with it.

Why does no one know this simple fact?

Shadow Priest wield the light oh okay
05/21/2018 08:43 PMPosted by Kaesandra
<span class="truncated">...</span>OP wants Void Knights, first of all.

Secondly, for the billionth time, Priests wield Light, Paladins are infused with it.

Why does no one know this simple fact?

Shadow Priest wield the light oh okay

Seriously? LOL Do you even play a priest?

First of all, you should be smart enough to know that Holy and Disc are Light based.

Second of all, Shadow has Levitate (Light sparkles) and Power Word: Shield (Light barrier).

And third... their Order Hall is both Light and Shadow.

But your bad snark failed to recognize my point: one class WIELDS it. The other is INFUSED with it.

Oi. Pretty sure my IQ dropped having to respond to this. ::shakes head::
I really like the idea of a Void Paladin.

According to the Wow schools of magic https://wow.gamepedia.com/Magic the Shadow is the antithesis of the Light, not death

So Death Knights aren't really the polar opposites of Paladins, they oppose Druids

Druids spread life, Death Knights spread Death and Decay

A Warlock Greenfire questline where a Paladin could choose to forsake the Light in pursuit of power would be a great RP experience
05/21/2018 08:57 PMPosted by Sunday
I really like the idea of a Void Paladin.

According to the Wow schools of magic https://wow.gamepedia.com/Magic the Shadow is the antithesis of the Light, not death

So Death Knights aren't really the polar opposites of Paladins, they oppose Druids

Druids spread life, Death Knights spread Death and Decay

A Warlock Greenfire questline where a Paladin could choose to forsake the Light in pursuit of power would be a great RP experience
But the Palands would flip out and itnwouod he completely against everything Paladins believe. So they wouldn't be allowed near their Order Hall, the chapels anywhere, Hearthglen, the Argent Crusade, the Argent Dawn, etc etc etc.

They'd no longer be Paladins. They'd be Void Knights. And there's no way they'd be accepted by Paladins.

So they can't be the Paladin class. And they're too similar to that class to be a separate class.

See the problem?
05/21/2018 06:45 PMPosted by Kaiyeri
And what does Sylvanas have to do with what I said? I'm not following whatever train of thought you've got going there.

is it simple, if the order of paladins has been ignoring mass murders and necromancy for years, why would they be bothered by dark paladins?
05/21/2018 09:15 PMPosted by Leyfaras
05/21/2018 06:45 PMPosted by Kaiyeri
And what does Sylvanas have to do with what I said? I'm not following whatever train of thought you've got going there.

is it simple, if the order of paladins has been ignoring mass murders and necromancy for years, why would they be bothered by dark paladins?
... because those didn't happen from their own order.

::boggles:: How was that even a legitimate question?

And what makes you think they're okay with someone else murdering? I'll point you to a fair number of questlines that would point to the opposite. Arthas included.
05/21/2018 09:01 PMPosted by Kaiyeri
But the Palands would flip out and itnwouod he completely against everything Paladins believe. So they wouldn't be allowed near their Order Hall, the chapels anywhere, Hearthglen, the Argent Crusade, the Argent Dawn, etc etc etc.

They'd no longer be Paladins. They'd be Void Knights. And there's no way they'd be accepted by Paladins.

So they can't be the Paladin class. And they're too similar to that class to be a separate class.

See the problem?

Yea, I totally agree with you. I was thinking that while I was typing it. It doesn't work as just a cosmetic change.

I just really like the concept. I don't think its realistic.

I guess maybe the Void Elves could take them in?

Warlocks traditionally had green fire, Void Knights were never really a thing. Its a solution without a problem.
05/21/2018 09:22 PMPosted by Sunday

See the problem?

Yea, I totally agree with you. I was thinking that while I was typing it. It doesn't work as just a cosmetic change.

Warlocks traditionally had green fire, Void Knights were never really a thing. Its a solution without a problem.

The last part of your post here is a perfect way to phrase what the OP Wants. This is a solution, without a problem. Someone trying to solve a nonissue.

I love the void. It's my favorite force in this game, and my favorite lore subject. But to try and shove it down the paladins' throats doesn't work. Instead, asking for a new class (similar to how monks were introduced) would make the most sense, that way they can be creative with it, and open it beyond races that could have been paladins.
05/21/2018 09:22 PMPosted by Sunday

See the problem?

Eh... that just feels like more forced, shoehorn writing and they'd still have an Order Hall they shouldn't.be allowed to access.

Void Knights are not a bad concept. Just not one that would work unless we just toss all lore out the window. Which I never want to do. It's bad enough some of the terrible storylines we have now. =/
No to Void Paladins.

I would rather have a new class that is void/shadow themed (and void elves can pick that class too).

Who knows, it might finally contain the first new range dps spec since vanilla.
05/21/2018 01:23 AMPosted by Alexandor
The only issue I have with the idea is that there seems to be some inherent focus on forcing this idea into Paladins. Which, admittedly, I find most disagreeable.

The reason why people do is because whenever it is brought up the responses they get are basically the same you expect when people ask for necromancer.

essentially a "so its a paladin, but with void?"

hence why people make threads trying to find a way to get their class fantasy without Blizz having to come up with an entirely new class and the closest thing there is to a void knight is paladin with shadow theme instead of light. (death knight doesn't really work as well since it requires your character to be dead instead of infused with void)
While a Priest understands that there has to be a balance between the Light and the Shadow a Paladin is more fanatical in their belief. Its the Light or it's nothing.

There's not really a way to make them a Void Knight and still have them a Paladin.

You could give them purple tints and Shadow Mend instead of Holy Light and Dispersion instead of Divine Protection but none of their quests would make sense and their immersion would be destroyed.
Paladins are a class not a faction. There is nothing that must tie them to the light, mechanically or conceptually. I get that people don't like change or new things, but no one is asking for the light specs of pallies to be removed. Why complain about something cool that is added without having to give anything up?

Just another case of "it affects me in no way but I want to control how you have fun."
void and light is not the same. stop. its nothing like warlocks getting green fire. you dont upgrade from light to void.
05/21/2018 10:32 PMPosted by Aellom
Paladins are a class not a faction. There is nothing that must tie them to the light, mechanically or conceptually. I get that people don't like change or new things, but no one is asking for the light specs of pallies to be removed. Why complain about something cool that is added without having to give anything up?

Just another case of "it affects me in no way but I want to control how you have fun."

How are Paladins not mechanically or thematically tied to the Light?

I’m all for evolution or progress, or when two idea dovetail. This really appears as simply change for the sake of incorporating a new class an easy way: piggy-backing onto an existing class as opposed to creating a new one.

Like when politicians write largely nonsensical items into a bill just because they know the bill at large is gunna get passed, as compared to writing separate legislation solely to pass that law.

Edit: just check out the game description of what a retribution paladin uses in terms of damage. Holy magic.
We need Void Gnome Druids. You know you'd roll one.
05/21/2018 10:32 PMPosted by Aellom

Paladins are conceptually tied to the Light absolutely. I support the concept but ignoring reality to support your argument isn't helping you.
05/21/2018 10:44 PMPosted by Jelybeantoes

Who shapeshifte into 4-dimensional hypercubes. Would name one tessieract
05/21/2018 10:52 PMPosted by Fairlight
05/21/2018 10:44 PMPosted by Jelybeantoes

Gnomes gazed into the void and realized that what Azeroth needs is purple kittens and bear cubs.

You know you'd roll one.
05/21/2018 10:56 PMPosted by Jelybeantoes
05/21/2018 10:52 PMPosted by Fairlight

Gnomes gazed into the void and realized that what Azeroth needs is purple kittens and bear cubs.

You know you'd roll one.

Hungry for a burrito. You know you’d roll one.