Need name re-instated!

Customer Support
05/20/2018 12:53 PMPosted by PlayerSYGRXK
EVEN THOUGH I'VE HAD THIS CHARACTER FOR OVER 10 YEARS.

A violation is a violation. Nothing is grandfathered in, you were just never reported before.

Anyone who found it offensive obviously does not know the sentiment or backstory behind the name.

Irrelevant.

If you want to appeal, you will need to do so through a ticket. Forums are for discussions, nothing else. But I highly doubt you will get that name back if that is what it was at the end of your post. Certainly not suitable for the game. You will want to think up a new name that is not a violation of the Code of Conduct.
EVEN THOUGH I'VE HAD THIS CHARACTER FOR OVER 10 YEARS.

That means you were not reported until now. A violation is still a violation regardless.

Hoping for a speedy resolution from a GM who understands.

There are no GMs on these forums, your only option is to appeal.
Well since u name relates to a body part it was reported to blizzard and they found it in violation of the naming policy and gave u a rename. Your welcome to apeal the name change. Getting your name back cant happen over the forums.
World of Warcraft Naming Policy
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/34530

Blizzard's Code of Conduct
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/42673
Naming

Names are subject to the same rules established above. Any name the player has the ability to customize—such as player names, BattleTags, and guild names—must be appropriate and inoffensive. Any name that violates our standards or disrupts the community will be changed, and additional limitations may be placed on the offending account per our discretion.

Take note that acceptable names are determined by player reports and Blizzard's decision, and role-playing servers may have distinct standards for using game-appropriate names.
Bottom line its blizzards sandbox there rules we dont have to like it but we do have to obey them. If you have trouble finding a apropriate name try http://www.fantasynamegenerators.com
05/20/2018 01:00 PMPosted by PlayerSYGRXK
"Teats" is fine

Just because the forums did not filter it, does not make it any less of a violation. You will likely be reported for that name as well if that is what you chose. Good luck with that.
The ONLY way to appeal this is through ticketing. You can not talk to the group that makes these decisions. You can not appeal it through the forum.
Appealing Ban or Suspension
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/2639
You appeal the rename there as well as per the Naming Policy article I linked
05/20/2018 12:56 PMPosted by Ilyana

But I highly doubt you will get that name back if that is what it was at the end of your post.

A good number of GM's actually play the game and are actual people with emotions. A good number actually understand the sentimentality of people who have been on since Vanilla too.

Certainly not suitable for the game.

Really? Given some of the questionable questlines and innuendos that are littered throughout the game, this name is not nearly as offensive as you may think. It is more reflective of the TYPE of player base that has become the "Cesspool of Warcraft" that someone actually flagged my name. Grow a pair and get thicker skin; in game as in life, snowflakes will only get melted.

You will want to think up a new name that is not a violation of the Code of Conduct.

Funny how the name was fine at the time it was created; also funny that "teats" is not restricted. Guess I'll just have to use the ACTUAL anatomical name instead of slang :P
Gms have policies to folow weather or not they agree with the meaning if your name vioates naming policies tough luck its gona be changed.
Guess I'll just have to use the ACTUAL anatomical name instead of slang

I realy hope ur joking becuase guess what your next forced name change will be taken out your control and be given a random name with no option to name change.
05/20/2018 01:02 PMPosted by Rufflebottom

Naming

Names are subject to the same rules established above. Any name the player has the ability to customize—such as player names, BattleTags, and guild names—must be appropriate and inoffensive. Any name that violates our standards or disrupts the community will be changed, and additional limitations may be placed on the offending account per our discretion.

Take note that acceptable names are determined by player reports and Blizzard's decision, and role-playing servers may have distinct standards for using game-appropriate names.

Thank you for posting; genuinely helpful. That quote, however, is so ambiguous that it makes me want to vomit.

...or disrupts the community will be changed...

What constitutes a disruption of the community??? If someone has their feelings hurt? I seriously revert to my earlier post of growing thicker skin...society has become too sheltered and too PC.
A good number of GM's actually play the game and are actual people with emotions. A good number actually understand the sentimentality of people who have been on since Vanilla too.

Again, irrelevant. If a name is in violation, it gets changed. It is not optional.

Given some of the questionable questlines and innuendos that are littered throughout the game,

The game itself is governed by the ESRB. Players, like you and me, must adhere to the Code of Conduct and Terms of Use. You agreed to do so in order to play.

05/20/2018 01:11 PMPosted by PlayerSYGRXK
Funny how the name was fine at the time it was created; also funny that "teats" is not restricted.

Funny how you think that if you can create a name it is okay. It is expected that you throw in a dose of common sense and and understanding of the CoC and ToU. The game cannot possibly prevent the creation of any and all violations.

The old and presumably new name are in violation. Violations stack, so you may not like what happens when your new name is flagged.
A good number of GMs play by the rules and would have reported your name as well. A good number know their job and would also have forced your rename.
Really? Given some of the questionable questlines and innuendos that are littered throughout the game, this name is not nearly as offensive as you may think. It is more reflective of the TYPE of player base that has become the "Cesspool of Warcraft" that someone actually flagged my name. Grow a pair and get thicker skin; in game as in life, snowflakes will only get melted.
Bad argument. You need to compare like to like. Blizzard follows the rules of the ESRB rating system. If you are making a game, you would do that as well. Blizzard employees have to follow the same chat rules as we do when they play. It looks like the one who needs to "grow a pair" and "get thicker skin" is you. The only "snowflake" here is you, complaining because Blizzard is forcing you to comply with the legal document you digitally signed when you first logged in to the game.
05/20/2018 01:11 PMPosted by PlayerSYGRXK
Funny how the name was fine at the time it was created; also funny that "teats" is not restricted. Guess I'll just have to use the ACTUAL anatomical name instead of slang :P
The filter does not catch every single iteration of a word and how a player may spell it. Blizzard does expect players to be an adult and choose an appropriate character name that follows the rules. They are reactionary though. If you use an inappropriate character name and it is reported, they force a name change. if you do it enough times, you are GIVEN a name. "Teats" would also not be appropriate even if the filter doesn't catch it.

You are not funny. The name isn't original or edgy. Using names like that is immature. Grow up.
Guess I'll just have to use the ACTUAL anatomical name instead of slang

I realy hope ur joking becuase guess what your next forced name change will be taken out your control and be given a random name with no option to name change.
[/quote]

Not joking. Actually changed it to that. Despite what some of the poster here may think, the character name was created with friends during a very meaningful part of my WoW experience. I'm not trolling or trying to flame; it truly does hold sentiment.

If it's changed to a random name, then I'll just pay to have it changed back to something close. I refuse to have the memories associated with this character thrown aside because of an in-game snowflake.
05/20/2018 01:22 PMPosted by PlayerSYGRXK

Not joking. Actually changed it to that. Despite what some of the poster here may think, the character name was created with friends during a very meaningful part of my WoW experience. I'm not trolling or trying to flame; it truly does hold sentiment.

If it's changed to a random name, then I'll just pay to have it changed back to something close. I refuse to have the memories associated with this character thrown aside because of an in-game snowflake.[/quote]

Then enjoy your suspension. Yes, if it keeps going, they will just cut your access to the game since you can't learn your lesson.

Find something else. An inappropriate name will not get a pass because of "in game memories".
Looking at how you ended your post, I am shocked it lasted 10 years.
Well guess what YOur gona be outa luck your not getting a choice once a blue looks into it it will get changed permanately and you wont be able to change it time to stop being a horde baddie and become a goody two shoo alliance that plays by the rules