BLZ51914003

Technical Support
05/22/2018 04:25 PMPosted by Zibaa
05/22/2018 04:18 PMPosted by Luigi
What is running the game on the launcher? I seen a few people say it works like this. I want to try this.

You know that big blue 'play' button when you select wow on bnet.

I thought this was the normal way to log on anyway.
No go with the dsn flush. Also tried a different isp. i.e. Unplugged router and connected tethered cell phone. One is Telstra, the other is Optus. Despite how bad our internet is in oz, both these isp's usually schedule their 'crashes/outages' at different times...
Add me to the "getting this error" club.

It's definitely only a log-in issue, not a connectivity issue.

My WoW for some reason always defaults to the character creation screen for a trial account rather than the log-in screen. I was able to make a new character and play on my usual server, but I still get the BLZ51914003 when I try to log into my own account from the login screen.
I am up date as versions go. I can use the battlenet app to login However when trying to use the main login screen it immediately disconnects me as soon as I put in my password.
OK just tried my other account on the main login screen and it also gets immediately disconnected when I enter the password.
Okay, for the time being I'm going to gather some more info on my end before we throw more things at the wall and see what sticks. This is a lot for us to work with on our end. I've removed all unsuccessful troubleshooting from the thread to keep people from wasting more time. Thanks for all the help so far.

For now, we know that launching from the Battle.net application is a work around. I know this isn't ideal, but there's an option to close the battle.net application entirely after launching the game.

1. Launch the Blizzard Battle.net Application
    2. Click the Blizzard icon in the top left and choose Settings from the drop down.
    3. Use the drop down box for When I Launch a Game and choose Exit Battle.net completely

I'll keep you folks updated if we get more information. In the mean time, I'm glad we at least have a way to get you in to play.
Its not region based is it? where are people from that's having the issue, i see an Australian, im in New Zealand with the issue.
05/22/2018 04:43 PMPosted by Drakuloth
Okay, for the time being I'm going to gather some more info on my end before we throw more things at the wall and see what sticks. This is a lot for us to work with on our end. I've removed all unsuccessful troubleshooting from the thread to keep people from wasting more time. Thanks for all the help so far.

For now, we know that launching from the Battle.net application is a work around. I know this isn't ideal, but there's an option to close the battle.net application entirely after launching the game.

2. Click the Blizzard icon in the top left and choose Settings from the drop down.
    3. Use the drop down box for When I Launch a Game and choose Exit Battle.net completely

I'll keep you folks updated if we get more information. In the mean time, I'm glad we at least have a way to get you in to play.

This is also not correct. I am launching the game through the launcher and still getting this error.

Edit: Nevermind, this worked for me. I was logged into the Battle.net app with a different account than the one I use to play WoW.
This will be a problem in the future as you are prompted every couple of months to enter a password to logon. Also using a new pc, a new o/s on the same pc, or a new isp (e.g. wifi at your local mall) will prompt you to enter a password.

But for today all is well! (I think...)
OK , Please let us know when we can go back to our usual way of logging in. Thanks for your help and I hope you can get this back up soon.
05/22/2018 04:43 PMPosted by Drakuloth

I'm still not able to play.
Hey y'all,

We just reversed a recent change to the client. Can you open the battle.net application, grab the hotfix to your WoW client, and see if it works again afterward? If you don't see the hotfix download for you, you may need to check for updates. (Options > Check for Updates above the news widget.) When this happens your game client should revert to version 7.3.5.26365
Ran world of warcraft launcher.exe from main drive file folder, immediately started short update, 30 seconds or so. download status line was red. when finished, hit play, went directly to realms. finally got into game.
Hope this helps someone else.
Hey y'all,

We just reversed a recent change to the client. Can you open the battle.net application, grab the hotfix to your WoW client, and see if it works again afterward? If you don't see the hotfix download for you, it's probably already installed in the background.

That is a negative Drakuloth. Tried launching from the battle.net app and straight from the wow64.exe. Neither worked.

Tried deleting cache folder after the fails. Still did not work.
Solaria,

Sorry for confusion, mine actually didn't auto update so I updated the instructions for this scenario. Can you check the updated instructions above?
05/22/2018 05:07 PMPosted by Drakuloth
Solaria,

Sorry for confusion, mine actually didn't auto update so I updated the instructions for this scenario. Can you check the updated instructions above?

Mine reverted to 26365 prior to typing the previous response. I tried the manual update and the battle.net app says I have the correct version.
05/22/2018 05:02 PMPosted by Drakuloth
Hey y'all,

We just reversed a recent change to the client. Can you open the battle.net application, grab the hotfix to your WoW client, and see if it works again afterward? If you don't see the hotfix download for you, you may need to check for updates. (Options > Check for Updates above the news widget.) When this happens your game client should revert to version 7.3.5.26365

Still didn't work.
Okay, thanks for the updates. Reporting back to the devs on this. Thanks again for hanging tight and providing information.
Still no go.

Same error when logging in from exe file. Logging in from launcher is ok. Bnet version confirmed now as 7.3.5.26365
05/22/2018 05:02 PMPosted by Drakuloth
Hey y'all,

high latency after this patch ... its just me ?