fortnite to fund 100m to competitive

Arenas
fortnite is only making bank because it's free to play with micro transactions. and a battle royal.

change my mind.
05/21/2018 05:34 PMPosted by Banexoxo
lets q duo

only if you show me your staff.........................
yeahh..
let's see who will remember fortnite in 2-3 years.
and i'm being optimistic.
its 100m for a !@#$ ton of tiny tournys. not 1 tourny
Give me your transmog?
05/21/2018 10:14 AMPosted by Swag
something something current popularity and size of playerbase determining prizepool not other way around

how are u gonna expect wow (see: game OLDER than most fortnite players) competing with the newest tier stuff

the money isnt there because the playerbase isnt there, this is such a null point its like being confused that more people watch sports than competitive chess

Why isn't the playerbase there? It was at 11 million subs 10 years ago. Oh because it got progressively worse.

Wow needs a shot in the arm. Arena was cool 12 years ago when it was new. Now it's pretty much play this comp or gtfo. If you like running the same comp day in and day out and pruning your friends list based on what class they are then it's great right now.

If BFA world PVP isn't poppin like vanilla gonna do what I do every xpac and play for the first 30 days and uninstall. As much as people !@#$% that Legion was the worst PVP xpac in years I find it odd that most of them have been subbing the entire 2 years and playing arena every day.

Those other games that are popular af right now don't require your friends to play specific niches to be viable. They require them to be good. But there isn't a laundry list of pre req before you can even group with them. Sorry bruh. You're not in my S tier comp list. Can't group with you. Can you reroll? Cause I'm not.
05/21/2018 07:00 PMPosted by Sabbatia
yeahh..

no one expects a shooter to last 14 years, but FN has more players now then wow has had over 14 years

different ways to make money and be successful out there
05/22/2018 06:41 AMPosted by Sillidan
no one expects a shooter to last 14 years

it's simply a popular game amongst 13 years olds right now
it would never last a lot, shooter or not
we have good examples of shooters that lasted years (not 14 years but yeah) and are still timeless and worth playing, even though they might be trash now.

but FN has more players now then wow has had over 14 years

f2p
easy to "pick up and play"

overall i think fortnite will be forgotten in some years, just like all other games that were popular just for some months
we'll see.
05/21/2018 05:46 PMPosted by Iwasbored
05/21/2018 03:58 PMPosted by Remixxed

Because Epic actually knows what theyre doing (unlike Blizzard) and they continue to make smart changes that keep the game interesting while still retaining its integrity.

Lets see how popular Fortnite is in 14 years.

This.
05/21/2018 07:00 PMPosted by Sabbatia
yeahh..

no one expects a shooter to last 14 years, but FN has more players now then wow has had over 14 years

different ways to make money and be successful out there

Counter-strike has been around for a LONG time now, and I would wager it has more players now then it ever has.
Hilarious you think Fortnite will last. Remember PUBG? How quickly did Fortnite replace it? Its another fotm game, something will come out in the next year and replace its popularity, so on and so forth.

Personally I cant watch more than 5 minutes of Fortnite. The spam building as a main part to the game just looks dumb to me, but, to each their own.
05/22/2018 12:57 AMPosted by Rexsmash
If BFA world PVP isn't poppin like vanilla gonna do what I do every xpac and play for the first 30 days and uninstall

LOL, Have fun, see you never.

Wpvp, what a joke.
05/22/2018 08:31 AMPosted by Rethumx
Counter-strike has been around for a LONG time now, and I would wager it has more players now then it ever has.

exactly the example i was going for.
tf2 is another popular shooter, even though the devs have been making questionable choices to say the least.
05/22/2018 07:30 AMPosted by Sabbatia
no one expects a shooter to last 14 years

it's simply a popular game amongst 13 years olds right now
it would never last a lot, shooter or not
we have good examples of shooters that lasted years (not 14 years but yeah) and are still timeless and worth playing, even though they might be trash now.

but FN has more players now then wow has had over 14 years

f2p
easy to "pick up and play"

overall i think fortnite will be forgotten in some years, just like all other games that were popular just for some months
we'll see.

im 35 and i love fortnite. it is a very good game for spectators too, it will not die easily i can almost promise you that.

people always want to hate on the player base, i just play solo and never talk to them. i have more issues with the player base in wow then i do there tbh
lol Fortnite

it's popular until it's inevitably replaced by the next biggest BR, which is gonna be this CoD Blackout thing probably

fotm genre
05/22/2018 09:28 AMPosted by Sillidan
it will not die easily i can almost promise you that.

the same thing has been said about pretty much every fotm game
05/22/2018 08:41 AMPosted by Nozolace
Hilarious you think Fortnite will last. Remember PUBG? How quickly did Fortnite replace it? Its another fotm game, something will come out in the next year and replace its popularity, so on and so forth.

Personally I cant watch more than 5 minutes of Fortnite. The spam building as a main part to the game just looks dumb to me, but, to each their own.

pubg was just another shooter, there was nothing really innovative there. FN wont be easily ripped off, it took them like 5 years of development to get the building grid working. the whole game is still very much a work in progress too
05/22/2018 09:36 AMPosted by Sabbatia
05/22/2018 09:28 AMPosted by Sillidan
it will not die easily i can almost promise you that.

the same thing has been said about pretty much every fotm game

been out for a year now and still growing. there were people that had been waiting a long time for it too, they had an unusually long development cycle

this didnt just happen over night
05/22/2018 09:39 AMPosted by Sillidan
been out for a year now and still growing. there were people that had been waiting a long time for it too, they had an unusually long development cycle

minecraft
05/22/2018 09:41 AMPosted by Sabbatia
05/22/2018 09:39 AMPosted by Sillidan

minecraft

what about it?