COD on launcher

General Discussion
Can we stop getting non Blizzard games on battlenet launcher ? Or the very least give us the option to block them and their adds.
Or you could pretend it's not there.

I'm not into Diablo 3, but do you see me raising a stink about it in my launcher? nah.
There's already three threads on the front page alone about this. It didn't need another one. Please read topics to see if similar are already around before you create more spam, thanks.
05/17/2018 02:37 PMPosted by Curze
Can we stop getting non Blizzard games on battlenet launcher ? Or the very least give us the option to block them and their adds.

Well Konrad I think this is just something you'll have to learn to live with. I'm willing to bet more and more activision games will be using the launcher as they use battlenet for authentication and chat.

Which is one reason it's officially referred to less and less as the Blizzard launcher, it's the Battle.net launcher.
Battlenet has always been a blizzard platform since the 90’s. I am just sick of seeing the likes of Destiny and now CoD on the launcher.
05/17/2018 02:48 PMPosted by Curze
Battlenet has always been a blizzard platform since the 90’s. I am just sick of seeing the likes of Destiny and now CoD on the launcher.

To quote a famous warrior poet,

"Times change."

Shut up.

I like the other games on the launcher. This complaint is baseless and childish. Please stop.
05/17/2018 02:54 PMPosted by Trickshock

Shut up.

I like the other games on the launcher. This complaint is baseless and childish. Please stop.

No.

Well I don’t like the activision games and I don’t want the constant advertisements form them every time I log on.
05/17/2018 03:01 PMPosted by Curze

Shut up.

No.

Well I don’t like the activision games and I don’t want the constant advertisements form them every time I log on.

Such is life, they didn't back down from the Destiny 2 icon kerfluffle, they ain't backing down over this one.

Shut up.

No.

Tough luck. I don't like Starcraft 2, but you don't see me creating multiple forum threads crying about the SC2 icon and ads.
It's because Blizzard has a fantastic client so people want to use it for their games, Imagine if you could play all your PC games from battlenet client instead of steam, would be so much better.
05/17/2018 03:12 PMPosted by Fendfx
It's because Blizzard has a fantastic client so people want to use it for their games, Imagine if you could play all your PC games from battlenet client instead of steam, would be so much better.

If I could get a single client that could launch every game I play, I would be on that like white on rice.
ads? what ads
05/17/2018 03:13 PMPosted by Meritha
05/17/2018 03:12 PMPosted by Fendfx

If I could get a single client that could launch every game I play, I would be on that like white on rice.

With the added bonus that you could chat with your friends through the same client even if they're playing different games. Hell yeah
05/17/2018 03:07 PMPosted by Mazikeene

No.

Tough luck. I don't like Starcraft 2, but you don't see me creating multiple forum threads crying about the SC2 icon and ads.

I'd actually like the launcher to be fully customizable so that you can get rid of SC2 and I can trash Hearthstone. It's our desktop, why can't we curate it?

But what you're actually defending is an advertisement-filled *storefront* that's been re-branded as a convenient 'launcher' so I guess we're both SOL.
Why are you even making a non-issue an issue? Why would it even bother you?
I'd actually like the launcher to be fully customization so that you can get rid of SC2 and I can trash Hearthstone. It's our desktop, why can't we curate it?

But what you're actually defending is an advertisement-filled *storefront* that's been re-branded as a convenient 'launcher' so I guess we're both SOL.

Sure, I'd like to have a launcher where I could hide games that I'm not interested in. I just don't care enough about it to whine on the forums and throw a tantrum. I'm not SOL because I don't really care that much about SC2 or the Activision games.

When I start the launcher I pretty much do one of two things
1) Start WoW or HoTs or occasionally Diablo 3
2) Chat with friends I see online (and now I can chat with them if they're playing Destiny 2 or CoD. Bonus!)

I already ignore the ads (regardless of game) and icons for game I'm not interested in. Adding CoD to the ignore pile doesn't bother me at all.
05/17/2018 03:18 PMPosted by Mazikeene
Sure, I'd like to have a launcher where I could hide games that I'm not interested in. I just don't care enough about it to whine on the forums and throw a tantrum.

Pretty much this. It'd be great to be able to customize it to only show what we want it to show, but it's not a big deal either way.
05/17/2018 03:18 PMPosted by Mazikeene
I'd actually like the launcher to be fully customization so that you can get rid of SC2 and I can trash Hearthstone. It's our desktop, why can't we curate it?

Sure, I'd like to have a launcher where I could hide games that I'm not interested in. I just don't care enough about it to whine on the forums and throw a tantrum.

Well you care enough to be condescending about it rather than scrollin' on by so welcome to the playground I guess.
'Member when CoD games where on Steam (and origin? IDK) and B.Net launcher only had Blizzard games?