Gladiator Changing BFA

Arenas
Prev 1 5 6 7 9 Next
05/21/2018 10:43 AMPosted by Cashmycar
05/21/2018 07:46 AMPosted by Hexxes
If they want to make a meaningful increase in the amount of players that participate in arena they need to do one simple thing: Make the gear attractive to PvE players. They don't want it because of 3 things:
1. It has versatility on it.
2. It is lower item level (or was, not sure about now).
3. It's easier to get from M+ weekly chest.

If PvE players start looking at PvP as a viable way to gear themselves PvP participation will noticeably increase. If a PvE player wants a weapon off a boss and after 3 weeks it's still not dropping, but then they look and see they can get 1800 in arena and get an equally powerful weapon they will be incentivized to participate in PvP.

However if that weapon is 20 ilvls lower, requires 2200, and is slathered in versatility they will never consider it as a viable alternative to raiding and doing M+ dungeons. Most players play this game for gear to make their character stronger. Most players also prefer PvE to PvP. Offer a reward that the majority of these PvE players would want and feel they can reasonably obtain.

if getting gladiator rank gave you a BiS mythic lvl weapon and 2k gave a heroic verison that would be awesome
to piggy back on that thought, even if a bis weapon requires glad rating and suddenly some mythic raider has an advantage... Good. If someone can be in a cutting edge guild AND be a gladiator level player then they deserve the competitive edge because they basically beat the game imo.
05/21/2018 11:42 AMPosted by Turboiq

if getting gladiator rank gave you a BiS mythic lvl weapon and 2k gave a heroic verison that would be awesome
to piggy back on that thought, even if a bis weapon requires glad rating and suddenly some mythic raider has an advantage... Good. If someone can be in a cutting edge guild AND be a gladiator level player then they deserve the competitive edge because they basically beat the game imo.

I don't think theirs anything wrong with pvp gear being really good in pve aslong as its hard to get... All they have to do to separate them is have wod style trinkets (2 piece set bonus for 15% reduced damage taken in pvp) so if u wanna use a pve trinket go for it but ur gonna take a lot more dmg baseline
also if you haven't seen it yet theyre releasing a jade version of the mop glad mounts as an island expedition drop

http://www.wowhead.com/island-expeditions-guide#screenshots:abc:15
05/19/2018 08:49 PMPosted by Caperx
time to league of legends full time I guess

looks like im ahead of you in that game too
2400 is too low maybe if it was like if you get above 2600 youre safe glad. That would make more sense to me you get your enchant at 2400 as a reward get 200 more rating you get glad.

I feel 2600 is high enough to separate glads from duelist And still will leave a large gap to R1 players
05/21/2018 07:46 AMPosted by Hexxes
If they want to make a meaningful increase in the amount of players that participate in arena they need to do one simple thing: Make the gear attractive to PvE players. They don't want it because of 3 things:
1. It has versatility on it.
2. It is lower item level (or was, not sure about now).
3. It's easier to get from M+ weekly chest.

If PvE players start looking at PvP as a viable way to gear themselves PvP participation will noticeably increase. If a PvE player wants a weapon off a boss and after 3 weeks it's still not dropping, but then they look and see they can get 1800 in arena and get an equally powerful weapon they will be incentivized to participate in PvP.

However if that weapon is 20 ilvls lower, requires 2200, and is slathered in versatility they will never consider it as a viable alternative to raiding and doing M+ dungeons. Most players play this game for gear to make their character stronger. Most players also prefer PvE to PvP. Offer a reward that the majority of these PvE players would want and feel they can reasonably obtain.

1800 gives you heroic gear next expac they said
05/21/2018 08:51 PMPosted by Thiell

1800 selfplays 300k gold! XD
05/22/2018 09:05 PMPosted by Cashmycar
05/21/2018 08:51 PMPosted by Thiell

1800 selfplays 300k gold! XD

guess i have something to do with bryntt again
05/21/2018 03:40 PMPosted by Halcyn
05/19/2018 08:49 PMPosted by Caperx
time to league of legends full time I guess

looks like im ahead of you in that game too

you could be ahead of me in league idk your rank but you said too. I'm not saying I'm good at wow but clearly I'm ahead of you in every way achievments rating overall xp on multiple classes. At least you might finally get glad in bfa
i honestly think halcyn is a good player
05/23/2018 12:58 AMPosted by Sabbatia

i think hes 2200 capable probably
05/23/2018 01:14 AMPosted by Cruel
05/23/2018 12:58 AMPosted by Sabbatia

i think hes 2200 capable probably

2200 is new 2700 bro
As I have posted many times regarding this topic and asked Smexxin and Mes about this but they seem to be in the dark about this change or don't know about it.

Glad being at 2400 + 50 wins will only result in more carries being sold and people quitting PvP scene as soon as they get their mount. There is no real incentive to push from 2400-2900+ for R1 just to get an achievement facing streamers and sponsored teams who play 8 hours a day perfecting their game play.
06/14/2018 11:01 PMPosted by Klutçh
As I have posted many times regarding this topic and asked Smexxin and Mes about this but they seem to be in the dark about this change or don't know about it.

Glad being at 2400 + 50 wins will only result in more carries being sold and people quitting PvP scene as soon as they get their mount. There is no real incentive to push from 2400-2900+ for R1 just to get an achievement facing streamers and sponsored teams who play 8 hours a day perfecting their game play.

Yea it should be at least 2.5 or 2.6
Glad being at 2400 + 50 wins will only result in more carries being sold and people quitting PvP scene as soon as they get their mount.
thats slightly better than people playing to 2k for mog and then stopping. but yeah they are def devaluing glad
Yeah but this is making even glad players casual lol.
IMO they are trying to put the spotlight onto M+ now, which I myself personally enjoy more
I don't post on here much anymore, but assuming nothing has changed since I've left..... too soon dude.

I've never seen a fresh 2400 player turn gatekeeper quicker than thiell.
06/16/2018 09:54 AMPosted by Flaytonmanin
I don't post on here much anymore, but assuming nothing has changed since I've left..... too soon dude.

What are you talking about. Just because I’m not glad xp doesn’t mean I can’t think glad should be higher than what they are doing
06/16/2018 09:54 AMPosted by Flaytonmanin

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Are you saying he should just stand by and watch?