My COD purchase cancelled my ability to post on the forums

Customer Support
As the title states - I put in a ticket to find out why I suddenly can't use the forums from my main account - my secondary account is fine. After following all the steps indicated by the customer service folks, I was still unable to post on the forums.
I indicated in my last post to the CS people that I had done the pre-purchase for CoD and it was odd to me that right after I made the purchase, I lost my ability to post on the forums. Apparently, my thoughts were true in what had happened to my ability to post on Blizzard forums - well, they answered with "there had been issues with the purchase and my ability to post - there were others in the same boat, however, - it would be fixed soon. Now, the "soon" part scares me since I know that our posting history has been botched for months and I hope that isn't the case with this.

((secondary post was a continuation of the previous post.))
Call of Duty has no relation to World of Warcraft or your ability to post in the forums for it. Also, posting in the forums isn't contacting support to see if something is wrong with your account, submitting a ticket is the way to do that.
I've gone back over a week and I don't see any posts from you here in CS. The fact that you can post here seems to indicate that you actually don't have an issue with posting.

Do you have an active WoW account? That's what you need in order to post in the non-support related WoW forums at least.
There is actually a bug, IIRC. My cousin just got Blops4 and a live chat rep told him there's a known issue with Blops4 and being unable to post in anything but Overwatch for some reason.

Hopefully it's fixed sooner than whenever they want to update the WoW forums >.<
05/19/2018 04:56 PMPosted by Iggzy
Call of Duty has no relation to World of Warcraft or your ability to post in the forums for it. Also, posting in the forums isn't contacting support to see if something is wrong with your account, submitting a ticket is the way to do that.

I did put in a ticket and the response was as I stated in the original post. My main account is not this one as I also stated.
05/19/2018 09:53 PMPosted by Lanastor
05/19/2018 04:56 PMPosted by Iggzy

I did put in a ticket and the response was as I stated in the original post. My main account is not this one as I also stated.

This is not a CS issue. This forum is for in game,policy,and account issues.

You opened a ticket, the proper venue, and received an answer. There's nothing more to do.

Normally I'd suggest the website bugs forum, but you said they're aware of it and are working on it.

That's your answer
05/19/2018 05:09 PMPosted by Blàke
unable to post in anything but Overwatch for some reason.

sounds like blops4 upgrades bnet account to post on the new forum version only oops yeah not much you can do until they fix it (more likely fix the blops4 prepurchase account level than upgrade forum, both methods won't be an overnight fix but I have a funny feeling the upgrade to all Blizz forums may be a more complex task idk just a guess)
05/19/2018 05:09 PMPosted by Blàke
There is actually a bug, IIRC. My cousin just got Blops4 and a live chat rep told him there's a known issue with Blops4 and being unable to post in anything but Overwatch for some reason.

Hopefully it's fixed sooner than whenever they want to update the WoW forums >.<

This is correct, and we apologize for the inconvenience here. We know that being able to participate in the forum discussions means a lot for players. I don't have any details to provide but the issue is being investigated.

Of note, Overwatch recently changed to a new forum system which is separate from the systems used by other games so it was unaffected by this bug.
Huzzah, finally got it to work after maintenance this morning, thank you :D