Lock Aff PvP-Thread 5 MONTHS old GG Blizz

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
Prev 1 14 15 16
Us losing Soulburn circle is a lot more devastating than most people seem to appreciate. I never see anyone talking about it but it was a huge aspect of our survivability. Burn a shard, circle, now you have a speed boost but even more importantly a short immunity to slows. This allowed circle to be much more meaningful as the enemy melee couldn't instantly reconnect to us the second we were LOS.

Man, just soulburn and the warlock design that went with it in general was a god damned masterpiece. I had so many buttons, so many ways to play well or not. I had to keep my partner buffed... Lol you know what, if I don't stop ranting right now all I'll end up doing is recreating my post at https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20765506867#post-1
LOL yeah I agree Soulburn and the system it created was one of my favorite renditions of aff that they gave us. I miss it every day.
the soulburn port and the get away was huge.
So in WOD we lost Soulburn AND baseline Howl... all we had was Instant cast Shadowfury..

I remember playing Arena in WoD and knowing that holding SF to use at the exact right decisive moment was literally the difference between my team winning or losing in virtually every matchup.

I remember looking at the cast time introduced to SF in Legion and thinking ok well at least we now have drain life healing and the absorb shield etc so we're tanky.

Then they removed the viability of the absorb shield.

Then they removed both the damage and healing from drain life.

Now here we are, how was it not obvious we would be completely useless in pvp?

But yeah, literally ALL we need is the slight tankiness buff's we're currently getting on the PTR + Instant Shadowfury + circle/portal buff to remove slows/snares after porting. Then at least we're viable and have some decision making/outplay potential which will bring SOME fun back to playing this spec in pvp. The stacking UA thing and lack of dispel protection still sucks but these baseline changes will make the biggest difference.
Post on your warlock that you're having problems with and not a level 1
Level 1 anonymous toon = invalid argument. Let's see who you really are
11/06/2018 05:32 PMPosted by Drakaeon
So in WOD we lost Soulburn AND baseline Howl... all we had was Instant cast Shadowfury..

I remember playing Arena in WoD and knowing that holding SF to use at the exact right decisive moment was literally the difference between my team winning or losing in virtually every matchup.

I remember looking at the cast time introduced to SF in Legion and thinking ok well at least we now have drain life healing and the absorb shield etc so we're tanky.

Then they removed the viability of the absorb shield.

Then they removed both the damage and healing from drain life.

Now here we are, how was it not obvious we would be completely useless in pvp?

But yeah, literally ALL we need is the slight tankiness buff's we're currently getting on the PTR + Instant Shadowfury + circle/portal buff to remove slows/snares after porting. Then at least we're viable and have some decision making/outplay potential which will bring SOME fun back to playing this spec in pvp. The stacking UA thing and lack of dispel protection still sucks but these baseline changes will make the biggest difference.

Agree to all of the above.
11/07/2018 05:33 AMPosted by Rizzaki
Post on your warlock that you're having problems with and not a level 1

The entire warlock community is having "problems" billy. Every single person to argue with the points in this thread has been eviscerated so if you want to throw your, almost certainly cone shaped, hat into the ring than submit an actual rebuttal. The whole "my dad can beat up your dad" OPs char level bull!@#$ is meaningless drivel.
Yay! Finally a blue po... oh... demo... nvm.
Copy paste wod Aff
Lack of support from the lock community slowly becoming as depressing as lack of support from Blizzard themselves.
Ganaanaa - there is no lock community
I really wander what makes so many ppl getting stuck in waiting mode?
If you are waiting for smth and it is not there, clearly you don't enjoy the game at the level you would like. So why don't you better speak with the wallet and then wait and see.

I bet this will put blizz to work faster on what makes ppl so unhappy that they decided to unsub.
While staying here even for just posting, you are still on the revenue stream, so your need matter less and is not urgent to address.
11/14/2018 12:46 PMPosted by Slizzer
I really wander what makes so many ppl getting stuck in waiting mode?
If you are waiting for smth and it is not there, clearly you don't enjoy the game at the level you would like. So why don't you better speak with the wallet and then wait and see.

I bet this will put blizz to work faster on what makes ppl so unhappy that they decided to unsub.
While staying here even for just posting, you are still on the revenue stream, so your need matter less and is not urgent to address.

Actually this forum does not require an active subscription to post on. The more you know.

Also, implying people shouldn’t leave feedback is kind of pointless.
What I'm saying is that speaking in MAU weights better in blizz eyes than countless posts. Especially when shooting in the dark, as we don't know what their agenda is.

I would really like to play my lock again, as it was my first 60. But i couldn't do it past 114 for most of the class design reasons listed around.
So what happened in since beta? Rly nothing. Why should I insist on waiting when nothing comes.
11/14/2018 12:46 PMPosted by Slizzer

What Xoja said. I haven't had an active subscription in literally years at this point. I post because it's important to me that the staff at Blizzard are aware I believe them all to be too inept to do any job, let alone this one, and too cowardly to defend said ineptness. Every day I call them out and they just stand there and take it is another day they prove me right.

Anyone that has any pride in their creation, and self respect in general, would have the character to defend choices regarding that creation; Blizzard possesses neither.
I don't believe it is a matter of pride at blizz since Xelnath left. That was a sign to bend down or follow him. Thus pride is no longer in their vocabulary, at devs level.
This is why i don't think you will get any results in your attempt.

I would certainly like to consume new content (rly looks way better than past expansions), but as long as I like how I interact with the environment using my favorite classes and i can set my pathway to some purpose. And for sure there are many players that will come back if the classes will be somehow enjoyable and RNG is bearable.

Unfortunately, given blizz way of communication we don't know whether we are close or very far from this.
Regarding the Warlock community, I think the majority of Locks just rerolled or gave up entirely, like me. The feedback has been extensively given and there is nothing more to be presented.

Meanwhile, all we got is a generic acknowledgment "Warlock is on the radar", along with a half measure of Demonic Embrace + Demon Armor, a PvP TALENT that should be baseline.

And by giving up, of course I'm not subscribed anymore. I refuse to give further $ to this trash of a company named Blizzard.
I unsubbed in the middle of Legion because it was too damn boring. And then I was hoping for something good for my warlock in BFA, and whoope-doo, it's the worst PvP class in the game.

I like this game, but my addiction has run out since WoD. MoP was the pinnacle of warlock design, everything else paled in comparison.

The devs aren't even trying anymore. Demon Armor being mandatory means Destruction pvp is nerfed once again.

You guys should try unsubbing. It did wonders for me. I don't get frustrated when things go bad because I'm not spending a dime.

And I really wonder why the admins allowed users with no active subscription to post? Are they trying to get feedback or it's just that no one is bothering to post anymore from active players?