Lock Aff PvP-Thread 5 MONTHS old GG Blizz

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
Prev 1 6 7 8 16 Next
06/08/2018 10:49 AMPosted by Apple
06/08/2018 04:54 AMPosted by Bishopx
Gap-closers and interrupts need to be revisted universally in Warcraft, as the disadvantages to ranged casters just keeps piling up, especially in PvP.

The current state of PvP is just baffling to me because, even from a business perspective, it makes no sense. WoW 3s used to be a massive draw on Twitch, had lots of independent community ran tourneys, and a passionate community. But every step Blizzard takes is a step in the wrong direction - they hurt balance, they prune, water down, speed up, and simplify.

If the community is not happy who are you making these changes for? If, at my job, every step I made was a step for the worse, year after year, I feel like I'd probably not have that job? Go look at the periods in WoW PvP when the community was the least enraged and most engaged, see what you did and didn't do, then replicate it.

(Hint: games lasted longer than 45 seconds and classes had more than 3 buttons)

Yeah I don’t get it either. Over the last several expansions:

Affliction defense reduced
Affliction utility reduced
Warlock mobility reduced

Melee mobility increased
Some caster mobility increased

I can say it at least looks like they are trying to tone down melee CC going into BfA but I still don’t get why Destro has DR from Mastery, Demo has Soul Link and Affliction is left in the dust.

We pretty much just went a whole expansion with Affliction being subpar in competitive PVP because it lacked survivability and UA stacking is miserable for many reasons. Affliction just counters itself now.
Anyone remember Fel Flame? Pepperidge Farm remembers. I guess we will finally be able to attack undottable things again with shadowbolt.
06/08/2018 11:51 AMPosted by Xoja
We pretty much just went a whole expansion with Affliction being subpar in competitive PVP because it lacked survivability and UA stacking is miserable for many reasons. Affliction just counters itself now.

And we get to do it all again for the next few years, it's like a rollercoaster but it's on fire and never stops.
We pretty much just went a whole expansion with Affliction being subpar in competitive PVP because it lacked survivability and UA stacking is miserable for many reasons.

Are you joking?

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/game/pvp/leaderboards/3v3

Look at all those purple names. Warlocks are very strong in PvP in Legion.
06/09/2018 09:13 AMPosted by Comfybundles
We pretty much just went a whole expansion with Affliction being subpar in competitive PVP because it lacked survivability and UA stacking is miserable for many reasons.

Are you joking?

Um... Are you joking? First of all the second you used those leaderboards you erected a sign that read, in big bold letters, "I'm a challenger for life" so let me do you a favor and show you where you need to go moving forward.

https://www.arenamate.net/?region=&realm=&rating=2400&ladder=3v3&faction=

Good, now that we've gotten that out of the way... You're in a thread about affliction locks... replying to an affliction lock... that made a statement specifically about affliction locks... and your reply was about how popular destro is in arena right now.

Yeah. Thanks for stopping by.
Where my debuff peoples attttt
06/09/2018 09:13 AMPosted by Comfybundles

Are you joking?

And you realize Destro is the only spec in the top 15 most popular high rating Arena specs, right? That is, if you look at anything more intuitive than the arena ladder on the WoW site. I mean, really, it's quite ironic that you link the 3v3 arena ladder in an attempt to defend Affliction.

Also, you know why Destro is so good?

1. Unlike Affliction, it has passive damage reduction
2. It has 1 minute Unending Resolve
3. Chaos Bolt has people on high alert, allowing healers/teammates to freecast
4. Unlike Affliction, it doesn't have to worry about losing all of its damage every 8 seconds
5. Havoc Mortal Coil
The evidence that Xoja has thrown an /ignore user in my direction is suddenly very strong lol :p
Well at least we have demo in BfA. I’m in love with demo atm. And destro is pretty good too. I honesty lost hope for affliction at this point. They have changed things here and there for aff, buuuut, it just seems devs don’t get it.

They make changes but it seems the changes are made without the feedback from the players
06/09/2018 02:30 PMPosted by Ganaanaa
The evidence that Xoja has thrown an /ignore user in my direction is suddenly very strong lol :p

Definitely not, lol... I responded to that person's comment because I felt like it was an opportunity to shine on the weaknesses of Affliction even more.

I see you trying to get the spec in a good place like I am, and I appreciate that ;)

06/09/2018 04:31 PMPosted by Hyukin
Well at least we have demo in BfA. I’m in love with demo atm. And destro is pretty good too. I honesty lost hope for affliction at this point. They have changed things here and there for aff, buuuut, it just seems devs don’t get it.

They make changes but it seems the changes are made without the feedback from the players

Demo has great utility and defense, for sure. Tuning aside, it feels like a pretty well-rounded spec. The main reason I didn't like Legion Demo was having the buff pets constantly, but now that they've steered away from that it seems more fun in the PVP I have done on the beta.

Really just wish Affliction defense was a little stronger and that UA had better quality of life in PVP. That's all I really want personally.
06/09/2018 04:31 PMPosted by Hyukin

Destro is hot garbage in BfA PvP. Pray tell me how in hell you will get any casts off considering all your damage is virtually 2+ sec hardcasts, your artifact trait to reduce UR cd is gone, and your instant cast burst via rifsts and lord of flames is also gone.

People who say demo is good probably haven't done any team pvp in the beta, because getting casts off against a melee cleave is ridiculous and now that the imps spawn besides you, they make for trivially cleaved down ai.

A soul link and a single target stun isn't suddenly going to make demo great against melee cleave in pvp.

Any non-mage caster is completely hosed against melee atm.
When I see a warlock in war mode on my rogue, I know I just got a free HK.
06/09/2018 06:59 PMPosted by Tinieblas
People who say demo is good probably haven't done any team pvp in the beta, because getting casts off against a melee cleave is ridiculous and now that the imps spawn besides you, they make for trivially cleaved down ai.

A soul link and a single target stun isn't suddenly going to make demo great against melee cleave in pvp.

Any non-mage caster is completely hosed against melee atm.
And for the record, Demonology is able to keep using their Felguard and spec for an interrupt in PvP. But did that make them ridiculously OP against casters? Of course it didn't. Else every caster would be complaining it about it right now.

So really, why can't warlocks get a baseline interrupt again - when Demonology has proven that it is both NOT op and a great QoL improvement? Why not extend it to PvE? Why still stuck interrupt on Felhunter?

Why force us to use a Felhunter whenever the enemy has mana/some form of casted spell? Oh sure, it is a choice. But how stupid are you if you choose not to bring an interrupt against an enemy caster/healer?
No offense to locks that focus solely on PvE but I've seen several posts across several threads requesting our interrupt be moved from our pet to the warlock itself. Maybe take a moment to consider this is an overall nurf in PvP. The ability to spell lock a player who is out of line of sight while you yourself are cc'ed is pretty got damned awesome.
06/11/2018 07:57 AMPosted by Ganaanaa
Maybe take a moment to consider this is an overall nurf in PvP. The ability to spell lock a player who is out of line of sight while you yourself are cc'ed is pretty got damned awesome.
Personal choice, but I'd rather be susceptible to CC but able to use imp/succubus/voidwalker/felguard and still having an interrupt, than strapped with a Felhunter whenever i need an interrupt. I really liked the sense of freedom with Demonology + Call Felhunter provided.

A sacrifice i'm willing to make so that i don't walk out into the world, and instantly everyone knows do i have an interrupt or don't, just by looking at the moving dot standing beside me.

Besides, it's not really a 'choice' anymore, does it? The moment i saw my enemy target has a blue bar, Felhunter simply becomes 'the only choice'. The worse is: if you choose not to swap, it is absolutely your choice to make. But you do look ridiculously dumb for choosing not to swap.
06/11/2018 08:42 AMPosted by Daniele
Personal choice, but I'd rather be susceptible to CC but able to use imp/succubus/voidwalker/felguard and still having an interrupt

You're right, it is a personal opinion. And I would rather not be nurfed in actual PvP to give myself a slightly better chance in the dumpster fire of ganking.

"Well my already underrepresented spec is even lower on the ladder now and I can't find a team to save my life but at least that time when that guy casted that spell over by that place while I was questing I was able to lock out his tree for a few seconds."

When i actually say it, it just doesn't seem like it's really a benefit.
I believe developers should look at the damage it currently takes for fear to break and greatly increase that. This would go a long way to help improving lock survivability and give locks a chance to at least try to create some distance from a target and generate some healing from demon skin. Fear currently breaks off a single dot tick, cast or pet attack making it feel unbelievably weak in most situations.
06/11/2018 01:29 PMPosted by Ganaanaa
And I would rather not be nurfed in actual PvP to give myself a slightly better chance in the dumpster fire of ganking.
And i'm not saying having a baseline interrupt will instantly solve all our PvP problems. But every little help does count, doesn't it?

Of course i would very much prefer having Soul Link being baseline. But doesn't mean the freedom of having interrupt+imp/voidwalker/succubus is something to be scoffed at. Not to mention we would still be using Felhunter if we need the purge, but you don't feel being penalized as much if you rather use another pet.
06/11/2018 01:29 PMPosted by Ganaanaa
When i actually say it, it just doesn't seem like it's really a benefit.
We gain some, we lose some. Can't win everything, but we can try to find the best common ground.

I see it as a gain for specs like Demonology/Destruction, while a slight loss to Affliction which would be uncomfortable, but not game breaking. We've been using Sacrifice for PvP as well, which isn't something completely alien to us to interrupt without using a Felhunter until they botch it up in Legion.

But of course, in the end of the day we all want the same thing: Afflock to be viable and fun in PvP. I agree that there are more pressing matters that needs attention, but i also think this is an improvement that we can use.
And i'm not saying having a baseline interrupt will instantly solve all our PvP problems. But every little help does count, doesn't it?

Uh yeah, except here where it hurts instead of helps, which was clearly my point.

06/11/2018 10:55 PMPosted by Daniele
I see it as a gain for specs like Demonology/Destruction, while a slight loss to Affliction which would be uncomfortable, but not game breaking.

Yes, you're in a PvP affliction thread arguing for a nurf to affliction because you want the two, already stronger specs, to be even more so while making the worst of the three even weaker. Get your resume in at Blizz immediately, you're just the kind of game changing forward thinker they clearly employ.
Bump. One affliction lock still cares about PvP.