BFA Dungeons, Island Expeditions, and Raids
Please use this thread for feedback and bug reports regarding this encounter, or related issues. Noting the nature of your group (Mythic guild premade, PUG, etc.) is helpful, as are any logs. Thank you to everyone who has come out to help test!
11/11M Guild

Edit: Apparently logs were set to private - fixed

Logs:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Af6R8TB3WmakVrpZ

Fight is interesting, but pretty hectic, hard to see exactly what's going on between all the enemy models, enemy animations, damaging pools, and player animations all overlapping one another.
This is a ridiculous amount of trash for a limited time raid testing.
Hey you should find some other time (normal mode) to test your trash
This boss is horrible. The debuff is way too unforgiving due to how fast the adds spawn and the abilities of all the adds. Add spawn speed needs to be drastically reduced if they're going to regenerate.

05/18/2018 02:12 PMPosted by Jetjaguar
Hey you should find some other time (normal mode) to test your trash
I love wasting 20-30 minutes of the 1 hour test period on overtuned trash.
Stop spawning in trash on these testings. It's a complete waste of time.
The current implementation of Decaying Flesh feels pretty bad to play around.

Killing crawgs individually every 10-15 seconds while keeping at least 1 bloodhexer in a polymorph forever is super unintuitive.

If that is the intent, however, the frequency of add spawns could be slightly reduced so that things don't feel so frantic.

Also, the debuff from killing Minions of Zul seemed to be applying inconsistently, or even to the wrong targets.
05/18/2018 03:47 PMPosted by Curoz
The current implementation of Decaying Flesh feels pretty bad to play around.

Killing crawgs individually every 10-15 seconds while keeping at least 1 bloodhexer in a polymorph forever is super unintuitive.

If that is the intent, however, the frequency of add spawns could be slightly reduced so that things don't feel so frantic.

Also, the debuff from killing Minions of Zul seemed to be applying inconsistently, or even to the wrong targets.

The debuff from minions of Zul seemed to always hit the target they were fixated to, not who killed it.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/TkWV9zYfRcQBbhg6

Only having one debuff floating around that you can lose if you kill adds in a bad way just feels bad to play with. Our best strategy ended up being kiting the crawgs around and then just AoE'ing them before they hit 100 energy since they reset energy every time they die. Given how frequently adds spawn, I can't imagine any guild would try to kill everything and not just opt to CC hexers, kite crawgs, and kill crushers/zul in this current iteration. If the intent is to kill adds then something needs to change.

I never tested it properly, but you can kite the adds all the way around the instance without resetting the fight. Taking the crawgs 200 yards away behind LoS and seemed sort of viable as well.

The thing that needs changing the most is there either needs to be a new kill debuff with every new wave of adds (or at least every crusher) or it needs to be impossible to lose the first one. It also seems like it should be way more predictable for which specific add the debuff is going to transfer to. Even if it was proximity based when it spread to at least let us control it in a more tangible way.
Someone already mentioned it before me but unleashed shadow when you kill minions of zul is being cast on their fixate target and not on the one who killed them which makes the mechanic irrelevant, so i'm writing this one down as a major bug instead.
Love this boss, hate the trash.
so I ran out with dark revelations, blocked and stayed in block. add that spawned from it ran into my block since I was fixated and just died.

no idea if u want that to be a thing
https://gyazo.com/c27da2c28c0e92d59a4174bc23bb3c01.gif

pool of darkness visual shoud disappear earlier, after about 20s of soaking the aoe won't go off anymore but since the visual still persists on the groud, it makes People feel that they still have to soak.

basically after 20s of soaking, the visual still Shows for another 3-4s but the aoe doesn't go off if you don't soak
I like the concept of bosses like this as a control boss. Kill off each of the adds when it has the debuff so it doesn't regenerate etc.

Tuning wise, I think when the debuff jumps to the crawgs they should ALL get it not just 1, unless you want us to split each of them up or something.

The adds HP actually seemed fine if you reduce the speed at which new adds come in.

There was very little time to dps boss in the midst of everything else.

Accidental cleave (Fire mage) will make this boss an absolute nightmare especially at higher ilvls.

tldr: good boss, Slow down the rate new adds spawn. Make the debuff jump to all mobs of a type (eg. all 4 crawgs) instead of an individual mob of the group.

Oh and probably re-hire your internal testing team.