DH or rogue for BFA?

Demon Hunter
I am having tough times trying to decide between rogue and demon hunter for BFA.

So I wonder to ask to players who have access to beta and have tried both classes.

Which one is looking better for bfa in terms of gameplay?
Do you want to play a rogue with glacier that can transform into a demon, and double jump glide.
Or do you want to play a rogue with poisons and daggers that can pick pockets
Dh feels much stronger atm. Just my two cents. Ret is feeling good too and hunter is too broken (op) to judge.
I'd never pick Rogue just because I don't want to play around stealth. I don't need my game slowed to a crawl while everyone else charges in and has fun. If Rogue was a good bully like they were in classic, sure, but not nowadays.

It's been a long time since I've felt Rogue has fit into the landscape of this game. Doesn't mean they aren't good or viable, just why I personally don't want to play one.

That's probably the only thing I miss about classic, honestly. Is how Rogue fit in. Not that I'm interested in playing that garbo in 2018 just to relive globaling fresh 60s with Ambush w/ a Death's Sting.
05/20/2018 11:39 PMPosted by Aethlyn
I'd never pick Rogue just because I don't want to play around stealth. I don't need my game slowed to a crawl while everyone else charges in and has fun. If Rogue was a good bully like they were in classic, sure, but not nowadays.

Hmm, in Vanilla stealth actually did slow me to a crawl. Today it’s like firing up the turbo. You move quite fast while steathed, faster then most other chars. Doesn’t hurt that sprint is really strong and frequently available too.
Havoc feels really good in BfA right now. Some things broken like fel barrage but play style feels smooth with demonic build.
Personally I’m doing both. Will continue to main rogue and my dh will be the first alt I level. Plan is both of them to 120 and all mythic 0’s in the first week.
05/20/2018 11:39 PMPosted by Aethlyn

It's been a long time since I've felt Rogue has fit into the landscape of this game. Doesn't mean they aren't good or viable, just why I personally don't want to play one.

That's probably the only thing I miss about classic, honestly. Is how Rogue fit in. Not that I'm interested in playing that garbo in 2018 just to relive globaling fresh 60s with Ambush w/ a Death's Sting.

Sigh I So miss the Vanilla/ BC Rouge Days. Last time I ever played one and i mained it both xpacs
You can never go wrong with rogue because they have 3 DPS specs and one of those is guaranteed to do better than most other classes. Still they will complain to high hell if their least performing spec isn't better than some classes only DPS specs (like havoc). Don't believe me look up "outlaw" and see all the QQ there was about it. You would think the class died.
Our best spec in Alpha currently is Tanking, so keep that in mind. Havoc has the potential to have 3 different builds but has some serious issues that have to be addressed otherwise it will be very unrewarding to play.
Also, do never forget that Warmode is a think of this new expansion and rogues are absolute GODs in WPvP.

If you want to tank, go DH, otherwise, you can never be wrong by picking a class that rules Warmode and has 3 different specs to play, each of one shining in a specific raid.
06/01/2018 02:42 PMPosted by Felgong
Our best spec in Alpha currently is Tanking, so keep that in mind. Havoc has the potential to have 3 different builds but has some serious issues that have to be addressed otherwise it will be very unrewarding to play.
Also, do never forget that Warmode is a think of this new expansion and rogues are absolute GODs in WPvP.

If you want to tank, go DH, otherwise, you can never be wrong by picking a class that rules Warmode and has 3 different specs to play, each of one shining in a specific raid.

Until number tuning is in its gonna be hard to tell which tank comes out on top. As a 982 VDH myself, I think we'll be fine but I would caution picking any class purely based on the current beta build. Overall you're better off finding a class you really enjoy mechanically and go from there.
05/20/2018 02:17 PMPosted by Turboiq
Dh feels much stronger atm. Just my two cents. Ret is feeling good too and hunter is too broken (op) to judge.

Dh is the WORST spec in game for BFA lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU6PlNPCvuU
05/19/2018 11:38 PMPosted by Dotlady
I am having tough times trying to decide between rogue and demon hunter for BFA.

So I wonder to ask to players who have access to beta and have tried both classes.

Which one is looking better for bfa in terms of gameplay?

Honestly, DH needs some changes on beta right now. Playing rogue might be less of a gamble considering they have 3 dps specs, meaning at least 1 should perform well.

Regardless, play what you like.
Both are in a really good place for BFA, minus a few quirks here and there. Much better than most other classes anyway.

Do you want to tank at any time?
Go DH.

If you're just keen on dps, I'd really just suggest to try them both out. PTR should be out very soon where you'll be able to test the changes.

Personally, I'm going for Rogue main with a DH as a primary alt. Both enjoyable. Tough call really.
Like Rockford said, both are in a relatively good place on beta.

Havoc has a few issues, with the 100 fury cap being the biggest. There are a couple good topics on the beta forums pointing out placed to improve.

Rogues feel good to me on beta. Haste appears to be much more useful for energy regen. Outlaw is very fun on the beta, so hopefully its RNG won’t hurt too much. Assassination is feeling okay too. Subtlety feels energy starved to me.

The easiest factor to help decide what to main is do you want to have a non DPS spec? If yes then rogue is not an option.