Jaina Never Stopped Fighting the Legion

Story Forum
1 2 3 11 Next
In the new comic, it's shown she went on ahead and took on the demons alone after her exit from Dalaran, instead of simply abandoning the fight altogether.

Looks like even less ammo for pro-Hordies to use against her because they want her to die for daring to be hostile to the Horde. I love Jaina as a character. Here's hoping she has a great character arc in the next expansion.
I assumed most characters were doing things like this during Legion, especially since the Saurfang artifact appearance quest.
She still lone wolfed it, which vastly diminished her utility to the overall war effort. A mage of her power could have made a tremendous difference in the right place with the right support, but she explicitly struck off by herself.
05/22/2018 07:33 AMPosted by Karzerus
Looks like even less ammo for pro-Hordies to use against her because they want her to die for daring to be hostile to the Horde.

No, we're just desperate for any Alliance character to have any flaws at all.
05/22/2018 07:43 AMPosted by Vehkael
Looks like even less ammo for pro-Hordies to use against her because they want her to die for daring to be hostile to the Horde.

Jaina still has obvious flaws, she's just not blatantly evil like you want her to be. Stop over-dramatizing things all the time.
One wouldn't think one would need "ammo" to critique an attempted mass murderer.
She still lone wolfed it, which vastly diminished her utility to the overall war effort. A mage of her power could have made a tremendous difference in the right place with the right support, but she explicitly struck off by herself

She did the best she could under the circumstances given to her. No one can/should be asked for me. I would also point out going solo can still make its own difference *points at all the quests one can do solo*

One wouldn't think one would need "ammo" to critique an attempted mass murderer.

Blame Garrosh, the Horde player who stole the divine bell or the inept Aethas.
05/22/2018 07:44 AMPosted by Karzerus
05/22/2018 07:43 AMPosted by Vehkael

Jaina still has obvious flaws, she's just not blatantly evil like you want her to be. Stop over-dramatizing things all the time.

How you write "she's just not blatantly evil like you want her to be" and "stop over-dramatizing things" in the same statement and not see the irony?
05/22/2018 07:45 AMPosted by Hackbrew

She's actually an accomplished mass murderer. Or at least spree killer. She definitely wasted all 5 of Aethas' guards, not to mention a whole bunch of her own citizens (the latter of which may or may not be canonical). She also put the Purge of Dalaran in the hands of a hate group, knowing full well what could happen.

Plus attempted to wipe out Orgrimmar twice before finally being talked down on her third attempt.

But I don't expect that to be mentioned at all.
In the new comic, it's shown she went on ahead and took on the demons alone after her exit from Dalaran, instead of simply abandoning the fight altogether.

Looks like even less ammo for pro-Hordies to use against her because they want her to die for daring to be hostile to the Horde. I love Jaina as a character. Here's hoping she has a great character arc in the next expansion.

I don’t think the horde cared she wasn’t there, it made it tolerable. But she was not there for her king and we know how that ended for the alliance.
05/22/2018 07:46 AMPosted by Zerde
She still lone wolfed it, which vastly diminished her utility to the overall war effort. A mage of her power could have made a tremendous difference in the right place with the right support, but she explicitly struck off by herself

She did the best she could under the circumstances given to her. No one can/should be asked for me. I would also point out going solo can still make its own difference *points at all the quests one can do solo*

Ah, yes, mind control, one of the less-publicized powers of the focusing iris.
With the power at her disposal, she could have put an ice lance the size of a zeppelin through Grommash Hold. Instead, she went for the option that would assure maximum civilian casualties.

Before you say that Thrall and Kalec talked her down, remember that the first two attempts, that did not work. Thrall had to actively prevent her from murdering the entire population of Orgrimmar, and she was willing to kill him in cold blood to do so.
05/22/2018 07:46 AMPosted by Zerde

Our questing is gameplay not lore typical behavior of heroes. Two she is inept and not Aegynn. Three her behavior is her own and she was quite happy to live with her father being dead but now it’s all the hordes fault and well it’s alliance bias yet again by the lore team.
05/22/2018 07:57 AMPosted by Carmageddon
She's actually an accomplished mass murderer. Or at least spree killer. She definitely wasted all 5 of Aethas' guards, not to mention a whole bunch of her whole citizens (the latter of which may or may not be canonical). She also put the Purge of Dalaran in the hands of a hate group, knowing full well what could happen.

Pffffttt. Amateur.

Jaina doesn't hold a candle to me. I kill more Blood Elves in a year than she could hope to in a lifetime.
It's still really bad writing that they didn't explain why Jaina didn't teleport everyone off of the Broken Shore. We can assume some sort of Legion magic limited her ability to portal, but still, it's a plothole.
05/22/2018 07:39 AMPosted by Kirango
She still lone wolfed it, which vastly diminished her utility to the overall war effort. A mage of her power could have made a tremendous difference in the right place with the right support, but she explicitly struck off by herself.

Who says she wasn't in the right place, with the right support?

Stealth missions are best accomplished by lone wolves, and Jaina has been good at stealth since WarCraft III.
By the standard we are judging Jaina on in this thread, nearly every single Horde character deserves to be executed for mass murder.
Ah, yes, mind control, one of the less-publicized powers of the focusing iris.
With the power at her disposal, she could have put an ice lance the size of a zeppelin through Grommash Hold. Instead, she went for the option that would assure maximum civilian casualties.

1) If someone nuked my city you can bet given a chance I would nuke theirs. It is called MAD afterall.
2) Jaina barely understood the Focusing Iris. The fact she didnt simply try to lance Garrosh tell me she couldnt have done it even if she wanted.

Our questing is gameplay not lore typical behavior of heroes.

Its probably more typical than you think. That is why it is called a "heroic" feat.

Three her behavior is her own and she was quite happy to live with her father being dead but now it’s all the hordes fault and well it’s alliance bias yet again by the lore team.

Jaina let her father die for a chance at peace. Peace the Horde decided to spit back in her face. Of course she would be livid.
Jaina fought the Legion everywhere they weren't much of a threat and everywhere it wasn't important. What a hero!
05/22/2018 08:22 AMPosted by Parsley
Jaina fought the Legion everywhere they weren't much of a threat and everywhere it wasn't important. What a hero!

Again, how do we know that it wasn't important?

Every demon she fought was one less demon at Antorus, for example. Her distractions may have made our victory there possible.
05/22/2018 08:13 AMPosted by Karzerus
By the standard we are judging Jaina on in this thread, nearly every single Horde character deserves to be executed for mass murder.

Because when y'all are way up on your high horses, wagging fingers at the Horde whilst your own NPC are failing to live up to those same moral standards, it gets a little vexing and sometimes we like to point this out.