Do Rets have trouble against kiting classes?

Paladin
I like playing melee classes, more specifically melee classes that have decent mobility. I was thinking of rolling a Ret next, but I know you guys have bad mobility. So how do you guys fare against classes that can kite?
You have zero chance against a mage or ele shaman if you can’t find a pillar. Easily the least mobile melee.

Rets are strong but mobility is our weak point.
05/20/2018 03:11 PMPosted by Bjorn
You have zero chance against a mage or ele shaman if you can’t find a pillar. Easily the least mobile melee.

Rets are strong but mobility is our weak point.

Hmmm that's what I was afraid of with Rets
I get my !@# handed to me by rets with cooldowns when i play mm hunter. Maybe im not very good but it seems hard to kite a ret unless im at max range and that doesnt last long. This is open terrain im talking about
Most problems are with Arcane, Elementals, and REALLY good destros. Almost everything else is manageable.
^

The main problem is that mage and shaman can both snare you and remove your freedom, so it's a double whammy. Plus Arcane can 'blink' 4x via displacement and shimmer, and Ele can just golf wolf kite you forever.

This is really where we need the Pony to surpress snares though.

OP, Rets are still great fun in BGs. Recommend grabbing Engi and rocket boots to help with mobility.
IMO. Rets are really good against any melee class. I would like Blizzard to bring back "blessing of spell warding" just for the extra protection for us against casters and bring back "long arm of justice" that gives us a movement speed every time we use judgement.
Only class I struggle against is Mage (Frost and Arcane).
All else is doable.
It's par for the course, we're a lower mobility class so ranged specs with high mobility and solid CC are going to be a pain to stick to.

That said not every class or spec has high mobility and solid CC, so when it comes to that it's all about picking your battles.

Example: Chasing that frost mage around probably isn't a great idea.