Frost DK is currently laughable in Beta

Death Knight
I know this is general salt. But, this is pre' much talking about my opinions.

1. I don't know why Sindragosa was removed? It was a very unique ability that seemed pretty well received and brought the theme up a lot.

2. I don't know why they made us forced to choose between certain traits making us lose key points of damage for a "little" movement speed. This makes the entire talent tree pretty clunky in my opinion.

3. I think Frost DK's are legitimately the only class without a single hard CC to their name now? Best they have is a 20% chance attached to a crit ??????????????

I'm just going to come out and say it, but at the present feeling I honestly feel even picking Frost DK as a class right now should make you unable to even queue up for dungeons/raids 'cause they're currently a freaking joke.

IT's very generic kit with little strength, virtually no utility, few buttons to press and all around no thought/ decision making/ entertainment value attached to the kit.

Anything that was fun is gone, including little passive traits.
I agree 100%. Everyday i check forums, wowhead, mmo champ etc for something, ANYTHING!!, for some frost changes (that was promised by blizz) and not swapping talents around on the same row..)

It feels extremely clunky, unbelievably slow, and really weak.
My main concerns are how bad remorseless winter feels when lining up pillar of frost. The global gcd now really only allows 3 obliterates in the window of Remorseless winter.

Obliteration is the same, with the really low proc chance on Rime its quite terrible..

I loved sindragosas fury and wish we had it back, it was so good to pop that on aoe or even single target to help our initial burst.

Now what really do we have, with reap magic now gone, our artifact abilitys gone, no legendary legion gear abilitys put into talents, and an across the board nerf, add in a global gcd synergy isssue and you get...... Current frost dks!

P.S. i dont care about movement speed!! Keep us at what we are thats fine!! Im even ok with wraith walk being a talent.. but for godness sake.. please smooth out our rotation/priority!!

Please do something Blizzard!!
05/20/2018 01:04 PMPosted by Temarikage
I'm just going to come out and say it, but at the present feeling I honestly feel even picking Frost DK as a class right now should make you unable to even queue up for dungeons/raids 'cause they're currently a freaking joke.

Don't give Blizzard new ideas, it feels like they're doing their best to completely kill the spec so they can remove it from the game.
We're less than 2 months away from the prepatch, frost in Legion was designed around the artifact, the legendaries and they even said at some point that they'd try to buff our class through set bonuses so we could at least try to be competitive in raids with all lack of utility/movement we have.
In BFA we have nothing of that, frost in legion wasn't even close to fulfill the fantasy of being a frost DK. Our rotation being about remorseless winter, otherwise we can't mantain a competitive dps, srsly? The only reason I kept playing the game during legion was because I was dumb and hoped Blizzard would fix the spec by next expansion, fun in playing FDK like I had in previous expansions I did not have. But now here we are, less than 2 months away from the prepatch and frost is in the worst state that has ever been. They even moved ahead and put key skills in the GCD. I can't imagine anyone playing frost DKs in raids except as a meme joke.
Blizzard mentioned they still had work to do on Frost DK's, or has that window now been and gone?

I still have some faint hope that Blizzard does a 360 and announces Frost changes with a return to 2H Rune Weapons...…..however, I won't hold my breath as its pretty clear they don't visit the class forums.
Yeah I agree with this except the movement part. Wod DA should be brought back and the Presences while ww can go die in a fire

Did ya know frost pres had a 20% harder to Cc and 20% shorter cc time if we are.

Blood pres was a mini tank dream while not blood spec and unholy pres with thr former da solved all movement issues

I miss chilibrans all frost attacks slowed anything that wasn't immune so it wasn't a raid talent

Death syphon worked pretty well for frost but it was better for unholyp

I miss prime/magor/minor glyphs
would still rather play frost than a warrior.
Wow just checked. Blizz changed Winter is Coming to be rooted in place rather than a stun. It was already a bad and gimmicky talent, but now they've made it completely useless. How is an 8 second root going to help a MELEE class?

Frost DK is now the only class in the game that doesn't have a stun, on top of it being arguably the slowest. It wouldn't be as bad if we were compensated for by being able to hit like a truck, but the reality is that we're slower, have no stun, and hit the same as, if not softer than all of the other dps classes.

Thanks Blizzard.
Frost DK looking terrible for the next xpac seems like the same story as few years ago when it was during legion beta. At legion launch, Frost DK was bottom of food chain dps and then blizzard buffed it with patch. Prob whoever responsible for frost DK class change always has it at the lowest priority.
Still waiting for those frost changes they said were coming.
Frost hasn’t gotten its changes yet. They said it’s coming. Don’t go re-rolling yet.
THey're not going to change anything.

THey're going to use Azerite armor to flesh out classes just as they did with Artifact Weapons.

They're going to ignore 119 levels of game play with classes to have them work well for 1.

This is the progression they want your character to feel and its wrong.

it's what keeps me from wanting to play anything at all in the current game. Many, many, many specs feel empty.
05/21/2018 06:14 PMPosted by Kosova

THey're going to use Azerite armor to flesh out classes just as they did with Artifact Weapons.

They're going to ignore 119 levels of game play with classes to have them work well for 1.

it's what keeps me from wanting to play anything at all in the current game. Many, many, many specs feel empty.

Just do what I did and delete the game from your HD. It's kindve sad that THIS is the route they have decided to go with their game.

Pretty sure we still start at level 55, so more like 64 levels of gameplay.

Also, until they say they're done with class design, I wouldn't cry about the sky falling.
The AOE stun, Sindragosa's fury, mirror ball, deathstrike healing x4 with IBF and (in pvp) only 1 minute cooldown on HRW is basically the only reason I enjoy FDK.

I can't imagine their idea of a rework (shifting some talents around different rows and increasing DPS) will change anything.
05/21/2018 06:41 PMPosted by Sliddjir

Just do what I did and delete the game from your HD. It's kindve sad that THIS is the route they have decided to go with their game.
Lol hard drives in 2018. [This is just a joke]

That won't happen. Frost only works in ABT because the stars aligned. It's impossible for 3 slots of Azerite gear to accomplish what: 2 legendaries, T21 2p, T21 4p, Thronebreaker + Crystalline Swords, and Over-Powered. All of these passives boosted Frost into a non-horrible state. In BFA, it's not possible to give all of these with Azerite and have other classes accept that. That's 2-3 passives per trait with most just being flat % boosts. Even if you removed those, that's 4P, Wrists, TB+CS, and OP, which is 5 passives.

Frost will see work, the question is what the change will be. I know some people want the artifact traits baseline, but Frost has the worst artifact weapon in the game and I'd like to stay as far away from Sindra's Fury as possible; I'd rather get good abilities baseline, not bad ones. Then there's the talent tree issue (literally the worst tree in the game and I'd rather not write an essay right now as to why) which can be fixed to actually make Frost viable at the start and throughout the expansion and not need band-aid fixes. So, if the choice is one or the other, then talents reworked 100%, but if it's both, Sindra's needs to be a talent because it's not integral to the rotation (unlike Apoc) compared to something like Thronebreaker. Hell, TB baseline as a "your Oblit deals 50% of its damage as additional Frost damage" would be an amazing start.
On beta frost feels really clunky, I'm still enjoying blood for what it's worth.

Prot warrior feels really bad and fury is far worse than my frost dk experience. Arms feels quite good however and isn't as affected as drastically as other classes are from the new GCD changes.

Over all, I love the new shadow priest which had a major overhaul and is now quite fun to play. I was hoping frost DK was going to be my main next expac but the beta has left me kind of meh on that one.
The only reason they're doing so good now is due to 2 piece oblit damage increase along with legendary belt oblit damage increase.... They need to aura buff the class (again) a metric ton to bring them up to par with others.

This is a dead horse that I've beaten to death more times than I can remember with regards to Frost. Plain and simple, the damage does not scale well with stat increases. They've aura buffed the spec more than 50% since the beginning of legion, completely revamped the tree and it is only performing well due to set bonuses and and legendary combination. Take them away and it is crap.

I thought they had the spec hammered down in Nighthold when we were able to prolong our Sindrigosa's breath. The spec performed well during single and multi target fights, but the community !@#$%ed and moaned about it and they stomped it into the dirt. Again, even this spec worked very well b/c of set bonuses.

You reap what you sow, and now you have crap.
05/22/2018 08:13 AMPosted by Ghannon

This is a dead horse that I've beaten to death more times than I can remember with regards to Frost. Plain and simple, the damage does not scale well with stat increases.
This. I forgot to mention in my prior post: Frost being a joke in BFA is nothing new. It was a joke in Legion, so it's to be expected. Talent tree needs a massive rework after the already large rework that was done in 7.2.5/7.3 because these talents don't work anymore.

05/22/2018 08:13 AMPosted by Ghannon

You reap what you sew, and now you have crap.
sow*
Yeah I've noticed that myself in the beta.

In legion I feel like a cold front of death.

In the beta I feel like a walking otter pop with foam swords. It just feels...neutered?