Horde Campaign - Part 4

Story Forum
Thomas Zelling dies and is immediately reanimated by a Val'kyr... and looks like a typical Forsaken. It's not even about being a placeholder model, it's established in-universe that he immediately looks like a monster.

That makes no damn sense. His body didn't have any time to start decomposing. We know the Forsaken look like they do because their bodies have rotted away, right? If anything, he should look close to how Nathanos now does. Another crappy oversight or a retcon for some cheap drama?
We don't know what wear and tear being made undead puts on the body as well as the soul.
It's been like this since Silverpine. I think it's just more convenient for the devs.
05/23/2018 05:12 PMPosted by Karzerus
If anything, he should look close to how Nathanos now does.

It's established that valks have to be either burned completely or at the very least weakened to make undead like Natty. And that's with a blood relative sacrifice.

And Sylvie doesn't care about any undead but her toy being pretty.
Well Nathanos looks creepy if you asked me, red eyes, pale... He doesn't need to be a skeleton to look like a monster.
05/23/2018 05:24 PMPosted by Zabriel
Well Nathanos looks creepy if you asked me, red eyes, pale... He doesn't need to be a skeleton to look like a monster.

His nephew was into mad drugs.
The yellow glowing eyes and pale skin is probably a... dead giveaway.

Really though I bet being resurrected using evil death magic doesn't leave you looking A OK.
game mechanics dude. It's not like they're going to make a completely different model for just one throw away character
They could just give him yellow tinted DK eyes and use the pale human DK skin.
05/23/2018 05:12 PMPosted by Karzerus
Thomas Zelling dies and is immediately reanimated by a Val'kyr... and looks like a typical Forsaken. It's not even about being a placeholder model, it's established in-universe that he immediately looks like a monster.

That makes no damn sense. His body didn't have any time to start decomposing. We know the Forsaken look like they do because their bodies have rotted away, right? If anything, he should look close to how Nathanos now does. Another crappy oversight or a retcon for some cheap drama?
The body being ravaged like that has been established since Cata, dude. Undead risen in Silverpine immediately look like standard Forsaken.
Can we have just one more forsaken character that looks like forsaken...
Forsaken do not ascribe to your restrictive standards of beauty.

Maybe in zombie circles, he's hot stuff.

I mean, if Sylv-thanos were the standard, decapitating any Forsaken force would be simple.

"Shoot the good looking ones."
05/23/2018 05:23 PMPosted by Kelrexia
It's established that valks have to be either burned completely or at the very least weakened to make undead like Natty. And that's with a blood relative sacrifice.

Nathanos is enhanced much like a Death Knight hes not just a good looking undead.

Forsaken will look like they were when raised but blizz isn't going to take the time to make hundreds of different models in various states of decay so everyone gets the bony joints.
05/24/2018 12:07 AMPosted by Bronnix
05/23/2018 05:23 PMPosted by Kelrexia

Nathanos is enhanced much like a Death Knight hes not just a good looking undead.

Forsaken will look like they were when raised but blizz isn't going to take the time to make hundreds of different models in various states of decay so everyone gets the bony joints.
Alternatively, maybe val'kyr death magic, when not empowered by the Lich King, just ravages the body like that. Iirc, didn't one of Godfrey's men comment on his newly exposed joints after being raised?
I'm more concerned with how quickly stress caused him to lash out at his family with dark magic I'm not sure he even knew in life.

Unless seapriests can also throw out shadow magic like it's nothing.
05/24/2018 03:49 AMPosted by Daiza
I'm more concerned with how quickly stress caused him to lash out at his family with dark magic I'm not sure he even knew in life.

Unless seapriests can also throw out shadow magic like it's nothing.
They only use shadow magic if they're enthralled by N'Zoth. Before Lord Stormsong went insane and started spreading his influence through the priesthood, it was pure hydromancy.