Thrall joins the fight?

General Discussion
Someone pitched this idea on reddit and I wanted to expand on the idea.

Jaina in her misguided anger she tries to kill Thrall when he comes to make a desperate attempt to broker peace. But Aggra jumps in front of the cast and takes the hit Prince Liam style. Jaina teleports out in frustration before Thrall can counter attack. Thrall becomes enraged that the person he once considered his only friend in the Alliance has now taken the life of the person most important to him.

Thrall rejoins the Horde in earnest and leads a campaign into Kul'tiras to exact his revenge. This acts as a massive morale boost for the Horde forces and grants further legitimacy to the war. (Sylvanas would have zero objections.)

Meanwhile Anduin is getting real sick of Jaina's !@#$ and begins wondering if she might be more trouble than she's worth since she has now essentially put the World Shaman into Sylvanas' arsenal as well as forced the loudest voice for peace to pick a side.

---

I dunno I just want Thrall to become an interesting character again. But we know this nor anything like it will happen because:
A) Blizzard wouldn't dare add any moral complexities to Metzen's favorite pet.
B) The Alliance isn't allowed to do anything that could be considered "bad".
I'm down sounds good. I do think Blizz will bring back badass Thrall at some point, and he'll possibly be Warchief again imo.
That would be awesome. I'd love to see Thrall in the spotlight again, especially if he starts crushing skulls and electrocuting people.
05/24/2018 10:02 AMPosted by Nagchompa
I'm down sounds good. I do think Blizz will bring back badass Thrall at some point, and he'll possibly be Warchief again imo.

I would only get behind this if it was a peaceful transition of power. I'm sick of dying Warchiefs.
Well, the Horde's (Sylvanas) stupidity put the World's Druid against them so having the world's shaman (Didn't he lose his Metzenite powerup when Deathwing was killed?) against the Alliance might sound equal.
05/24/2018 11:32 AMPosted by Rúnas
Well, the Horde's (Sylvanas) stupidity put the World's Druid against them so having the world's shaman (Didn't he lose his Metzenite powerup when Deathwing was killed?) against the Alliance might sound equal.

My thoughts exactly. We need a proper counter to Malfurion or we might as well give up now.
Revenge ain't really Thrall's thing. Even if you do try and murder him.
05/24/2018 11:32 AMPosted by Orhato
My thoughts exactly. We need a proper counter to Malfurion or we might as well give up now.

Don't worry, as much as I know and from what I read SPOILER READ BELOW IF YOU DO NOT MIND.

Blizz took another shot at the Night Elves and apparently, Sylvanas alone was fighting him without being destroyed like she should've been and told Saurfang Malfurion had no chance against her.

The Horde has Blizz's hate for the Night Elves to counter Malfurion, Tyrande and Elune.
05/24/2018 09:45 AMPosted by Orhato
Jaina in her misguided anger she tries to kill Thrall when he comes to make a desperate attempt to broker peace. But Aggra jumps in front of the cast and takes the hit Prince Liam style. Jaina teleports out in frustration before Thrall can counter attack. Thrall becomes enraged that the person he once considered his only friend in the Alliance has now taken the life of the person most important to him.

OMG, can we maybe NOT go with the "use the female character as a sacrificial bait to motivate the alpha male character" cliche? I know Blizz does bad writing a lot, but this is pure, 100% grade-A fertilizer.

I get that folks don't like Aggra (like I said, Blizz does bad writing a lot), but, fridging her as motivation is just LAZY. There are other, better ways to get Thrall back in the game. Say, blow up where he lives, his family BARELY escapes, and he resolves to protect them in a bit more of an active way, *OR*, he gets back in simply because he cannot stand to see all the "progress" made, what with Pandora done, the legion done, and Garrosh done - be wasted in a stupid war. So to fix that, he resolves to end the war...by winning it.

Or even.... He decides he's DONE with Sylvannas, and he, and his family, switch sides to the Alliance. Thereby pissing off Jaina and opening up a whole new kind of drama for the Alliance.

But kill the spouse as a plot point?
That's just bad writing man. Reaaaalllly bad.
05/24/2018 11:40 AMPosted by Knowmes
05/24/2018 09:45 AMPosted by Orhato

OMG, can we maybe NOT go with the "use the female character as a sacrificial bait to motivate the alpha male character" cliche? I know Blizz does bad writing a lot, but this is pure, 100% grade-A fertilizer.

I get that folks don't like Aggra (like I said, Blizz does bad writing a lot), but, fridging her as motivation is just LAZY. There are other, better ways to get Thrall back in the game. Say, blow up where he lives, his family BARELY escapes, and he resolves to protect them in a bit more of an active way, *OR*, he gets back in simply because he cannot stand to see all the "progress" made, what with Pandora done, the legion done, and Garrosh done - be wasted in a stupid war. So to fix that, he resolves to end the war...by winning it.

Or even.... He decides he's DONE with Sylvannas, and he, and his family, switch sides to the Alliance. Thereby pissing off Jaina and opening up a whole new kind of drama for the Alliance.

But kill the spouse as a plot point?

Are you for real right now? I chose Aggra because she's not as iconic as Thrall. Not because she's a woman. You seem to be quick to make that assumption though which says a whole lot more about you.

Hell I thought Nathanos was going to get killed by Greymane in the Stormheim opening and it was going to make Sylvanas go kill crazy.
Nah. Thrall is benched for being dumb, boring, and overused. Without Metzen on the team, he has no advocates at Blizzard. He will hang out with Khadgar and all of the other essentially factionless characters and SHH at the playerbase.

You almost had me sold at Aggra dying, but the risk of her getting off one final "GO'EL" is too great to risk putting her back on screen, even for a second.
Naaa, I'd rather have no more Thrall. Thank you.
Actions have consequences. Thrall is just as much of a monster as the one that he empowered in Garrosh. He should have been arrested, tried and sentenced to death in Pandaria.
Nah. The first thing Thrall would do upon Aggra's death was to scream :

"YESSSS! I AM SINGLE AND READY TO MINGLE!"
05/24/2018 11:40 AMPosted by Knowmes

So you're saying it's something we should 100% expect from the writers?
That sounds like the very definition of fanfiction OP, and that's not a good thing.
There are many reason why Thrall should have joined the Horde by now, even if you were trying to kill him, he would not rejoin at this point of history.

He's done. Let someone else have some screen time, perhaps this is the time for Baine to shine?
Seems like a good idea. however, it would only be realistic if Thall cheats in the fight against Jaina, then later when he joins the horde, he abandons them after two weeks to chase after some tail and leaves a maniac in charge.
Thrall's never gonna come back I think, due to Metzen no longer being there.
05/24/2018 08:22 PMPosted by Tadkins
Thrall's never gonna come back I think, due to Metzen no longer being there.

Doubtful. Thrall will come back, but probably not in a grander scheme of rejoining the Horde and becoming a main character again. Metzen has already confirmed he'll still continue playing Thrall after his retirement, which implies that Blizzard still wants to involve Thrall in the story. Just not as a centerpiece anymore with Metzen's health in mind.