BFA is going to be a bad expansion

General Discussion
1 2 3 8 Next
I have a feeling BFA will be lackluster.

Here's why.

We're coming from legion. whether you like or not, legion had a LOT of new content.

Some new class specs (Outlaw/Survival)
You had the Artifact weapons.
You had legendaries
Mythic pluses
A new Hero class with double jump and wings.

In BFA so far (new) content is
Reskinned allied races..

There really is no new content in BFA.

And I understand that this is normal because the story is technically the new content. But this expansion is just....lack luster compared to how much content we got in Legion.
Better to keep your standards low and be pleasantly surprised then keep your standards high and always be disappointed.
Subjective I guess lol. Yeh faction war has got me hype! Finally we have an expansion around the faction war instead of solely focusing on the big bad! Yeah there Will be old gods stuff popping up and such, but faction war seems the focus. A lot of people didn't like WoD, but it was one of my favorite expansions.
05/24/2018 09:15 AMPosted by Eizzok

Reskinned allied races..

I absolutely hate that videogame "character skins" has bastardized what "skin" means in 3d art.

There is not a single allied race that is strictly a reskin. They all have at least some unique geometry, some more than others.
I don't know if it is going to be bad, but PvP will be coming out your ears by the end of it. Hopefully, the inevitable backlash will find PvP finally gouged out of the game and thrown to the side of the road.
It's definitely the last expansion that I pre-order.
05/24/2018 09:21 AMPosted by Nagchompa
Subjective I guess lol. Yeh faction war has got me hype! Finally we have an expansion around the faction war instead of solely focusing on the big bad! Yeah there Will be old gods stuff popping up and such, but faction war seems the focus. A lot of people didn't like WoD, but it was one of my favorite expansions.

Yeah of course the Horde players love the idea of a Faction War. Because every time Blizzard writes any kind of faction conflict, that's their cue to make Horde like unstoppable and Alliance like a bunch of incompetent fools that barely scrape by.

Their bias for Red just knows no bounds.
So far everything to said is totally wrong.

Faction war is just world pvp.... i don't see it as picking up steam. Most people will just play with it turned off. there's no "real" benefits other than using honor talents and some bonus azurite.
The best thing about bfa is that it takes all the good stuff from legion and expands on it even further. Either way, warmode, islands, and warfront are all new.

That on top of mythic plus and world quests should mean even more to do in bfa than legion, which is hard to fathom.

Try to avoid pessimism though. If you go in with that attitude you won't be satisfied no matter what happens.
05/24/2018 09:27 AMPosted by Kaath
So far everything to said is totally wrong.

So far everything you said is totally wrong... please.... use your words and elaborate.
Yeah the best thing I've seen so far about BFA is the opening cinematic where they finally showed that healing exists after over a decade. I guess dark iron dwarves look kind of cool though...
05/24/2018 09:29 AMPosted by Metrohaha
The best thing about bfa is that it takes all the good stuff from legion and expands on it even further. Either way, warmode, islands, and warfront are all new.

That on top of mythic plus and world quests should mean even more to do in bfa than legion, which is hard to fathom.

Try to avoid pessimism though. If you go in with that attitude you won't be satisfied no matter what happens.

Yeah, lets talk about all the awesome end game content BfA has. The same content that will be impossible for Alliance to actually get into because there's no end game Alliance guilds left, all thanks to Blizzard hard-on for making sure Horde stays number one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw3oSzxc5tU
05/24/2018 09:29 AMPosted by Metrohaha

Warmode is just world pvp renamed to "option" into it.

I'm skeptical about islands...they seem like the legion invasion scenarios, just on islands.

I'll give you warfront though. That is new

Mythic pluses and world quests aren't new..

The point is that Legion spoiled us with a ton of new content and BFA new content just doesn't compare.
That's your opinion. Sorry you feel that way. You most definitely do not have to play BFA. I don't see what the point of your thread is though, other than to spread negativity. Anyways, hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend!
I am willing to play it before I judge.
The problem with BfA is that the story is going to be convoluted for no other reason than 'How bout them Faction conflicts?'

Wasn't pandaria about faction war? Or vanilla?

My issue with BFA is that after Legion, going back to "faction pride war" feels empty and boring
I think it'll be okay. It won't be legion but legion was rough at the beginning as well. Remember the AP grind? And how alt unfriendedly it was if you skipped a couple weeks getting your research.

Remember the legiondaries?????