BFA is going to be a bad expansion

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 8 Next
05/24/2018 09:25 AMPosted by Krothare
05/24/2018 09:21 AMPosted by Nagchompa
Subjective I guess lol. Yeh faction war has got me hype! Finally we have an expansion around the faction war instead of solely focusing on the big bad! Yeah there Will be old gods stuff popping up and such, but faction war seems the focus. A lot of people didn't like WoD, but it was one of my favorite expansions.

Yeah of course the Horde players love the idea of a Faction War. Because every time Blizzard writes any kind of faction conflict, that's their cue to make Horde like unstoppable and Alliance like a bunch of incompetent fools that barely scrape by.

Their bias for Red just knows no bounds.

I don’t know, one of the threads I was reading earlier showed Horde players wanting to toss Sylvanas aside and put someone more reasonable in charge, and the Alliance players are still clinging to atrocities committed by Garrosh to support their desire to commit full scale genocide on the Horde.

Obviously there are exceptions, but from what I’ve seen a lot of Horde players are against the faction war and we’re just tired of being Blizzard’s de facto villains. Meanwhile Alliance players are cheering for Jaina and Greymane.

I don’t think Blizzard could have killed my Horde story hype more than they’ve done with Sylvanas. Please, take their bias writing for the Alliance. I’m sick of it.
05/24/2018 09:28 AMPosted by Eizzok
05/24/2018 09:21 AMPosted by Nagchompa
Subjective I guess lol. Yeh faction war has got me hype! Finally we have an expansion around the faction war instead of solely focusing on the big bad! Yeah there Will be old gods stuff popping up and such, but faction war seems the focus. A lot of people didn't like WoD, but it was one of my favorite expansions.

Faction war is just world pvp.... i don't see it as picking up steam. Most people will just play with it turned off. there's no "real" benefits other than using honor talents and some bonus azurite.
It's not just world PvP in game, it also makes for better lore and more interesting characters to evolve and come forth imo.
05/24/2018 09:29 AMPosted by Metrohaha
The best thing about bfa is that it takes all the good stuff from legion and expands on it even further. Either way, warmode, islands, and warfront are all new.

That on top of mythic plus and world quests should mean even more to do in bfa than legion, which is hard to fathom.

Try to avoid pessimism though. If you go in with that attitude you won't be satisfied no matter what happens.

This is what's keeping my head up because I kind of feel the same way as OP. I'm not seeing many changes in the class design, and I feel like some specs do need it. Classes feel the same minus the GCDs and a lot of abilities from artifacts and legendaries have been split into talents.

I'm excited about the lore and the conflict between the Horde and Alliance but that's just about it. Legion is a tough expansion to compete with. They put their heart and soul into it. We'll see what happens. I'll enjoy it regardless.
05/24/2018 09:40 AMPosted by Fluffy
I think it'll be okay. It won't be legion but legion was rough at the beginning as well. Remember the AP grind? And how alt unfriendedly it was if you skipped a couple weeks getting your research.

Remember the legiondaries?????

we will have an azurite grind...so that's staying.

And BFA will still won't be alt friendly (as far as i know) the azurite is spec fluid, meaning if you're level 10 neck in one spec, your other spec is that level too, but for a different character you'll have to grind the azurite all over again.

But yea, no more legendaries.
05/24/2018 09:40 AMPosted by Rhuor
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Yeah of course the Horde players love the idea of a Faction War. Because every time Blizzard writes any kind of faction conflict, that's their cue to make Horde like unstoppable and Alliance like a bunch of incompetent fools that barely scrape by.

I don’t know, one of the threads I was reading earlier showed Horde players wanting to toss Sylvanas aside and put someone more reasonable in charge, and the Alliance players are still clinging to atrocities committed by Garrosh to support their desire to commit full scale genocide on the Horde.

Obviously there are exceptions, but from what I’ve seen a lot of Horde players are against the faction war and we’re just tired of being Blizzard’s de facto villains. Meanwhile Alliance players are cheering for Jaina and Greymane.

I don’t think Blizzard could have killed my Horde story hype more than they’ve done with Sylvanas. Please, take their bias writing for the Alliance. I’m sick of it.

Oh okay so we are just supposed to ignore all the Horde players screaming death to Alliance dogs every 30 seconds? Or maybe we should talk about what Horde players are known to do at Blizzcons whenever they see someone commit the foul crime of cheering for the Alliance there?

Or lets stick to writing. Like for example, how BfA opens up with Alliance losing four fights in a row then getting thrown in jail. Meanwhile, Horde gets to raid Stormwind and burn down a good chunk of it. Yeah, those poor Horde players suffering knows no ends right guys?
05/24/2018 09:40 AMPosted by Rhuor
05/24/2018 09:25 AMPosted by Krothare

Not to mention that you can only retread the 'Hordes are the big baddies doing evil things!' deal only so many times before it becomes a tired trope.

I wouldn't mind faction conflict at this point if it was organic. Say what you will about Garrosh suddenly going from Honor bound orc who was about the Horde and Horde Pride to genocidal maniac bent on racial purity and domination, they did a whole setup for the war starting in Wrath before the 4th war started.

What we have for setup for this war is an ambush attempt to take out Sylvanas by people who (rightfully) hate her, and a series of events all set up by the infiltration of SI:7 that was exposed to the faction that was being mislead that still, inexplicably, believe the narrative set up by the Legion's infiltration.
05/24/2018 09:15 AMPosted by Eizzok
I have a feeling BFA will be lackluster.

Here's why.

We're coming from legion. whether you like or not, legion had a LOT of new content.

Some new class specs (Outlaw/Survival)
You had the Artifact weapons.
You had legendaries
Mythic pluses
A new Hero class with double jump and wings.

In BFA so far (new) content is
Reskinned allied races..

There really is no new content in BFA.

And I understand that this is normal because the story is technically the new content. But this expansion is just....lack luster compared to how much content we got in Legion.

Weapons aren't content. Legendaries aren't content. Mythic+ is barely considered content. A new class isn't content.

Legion had very little in the way of content. There imo is an "illusion" of content. All they did was put keystones from diablo into dungeons and make dailies into world quests.
05/24/2018 09:50 AMPosted by Mcmagik

Here's why.

We're coming from legion. whether you like or not, legion had a LOT of new content.

You had legendaries
Mythic pluses

Reskinned allied races..

And I understand that this is normal because the story is technically the new content. But this expansion is just....lack luster compared to how much content we got in Legion.

Weapons aren't content. Legendaries aren't content. Mythic+ is barely considered content. A new class isn't content.

Legion had very little in the way of content. There imo is an "illusion" of content. All they did was put keystones from diablo into dungeons and make dailies into world quests.

Lol what?

I'm not sure you understand what content is....
05/24/2018 09:35 AMPosted by Eizzok
The best thing about bfa is that it takes all the good stuff from legion and expands on it even further. Either way, warmode, islands, and warfront are all new.

That on top of mythic plus and world quests should mean even more to do in bfa than legion, which is hard to fathom.

Try to avoid pessimism though. If you go in with that attitude you won't be satisfied no matter what happens.

Warmode is just world pvp renamed to "option" into it.

I'm skeptical about islands...they seem like the legion invasion scenarios, just on islands.

I'll give you warfront though. That is new

Mythic pluses and world quests aren't new..

The point is that Legion spoiled us with a ton of new content and BFA new content just doesn't compare.

Yes, that's why I wrote what I wrote. The content from legion is transformative and isn't going away. Warmode is a new way to play the game and has all new rewards and achievements. It's an entirely new system.

Seems like you don't want to like this expansion out of the gate. What's the point in that type of pessimism for something you are paying to play?

If you liked legion systems, look at bfa as legion+.
Seeing that there were crappy expansions like WoD that happened, I just learned to keep my standards low.

Here's why.

You had legendaries
Mythic pluses

Reskinned allied races..

Sure, BFA has “no new content” when you ignore all the new content.
The difference for me is that even being on the Alpha/Beta, I am not looking forward to anything specific in BFA.

The questing zones are nice. The art is cool. Dungeons are ok. But nothing feels new. Neck/azerite new grind (Favorite part of legion was the scaled up AK so I didnt have to crazy grind), WQ, M+, etc are all just refinements.

Leveling you get nothing but power loss and is completely arbitrary.

I LOST class abilities. I LOST artifact features. I LOST legendaries (which in fairness were garbage)

I really want to be excited, but I just cant find anything I'm really looking forward to.

Hell, I even chose a main based on what class lost the least amount of abilities and chose against classes because of pruning/bad gameplay instead of picking the one I was excited for.

I see that you're using an arbitrary definition for content.

Agreed on all points, especially about keeping a good attitude.

For me, I am totally looking forward to ROFLSTOMPING Undercity and watching Banshee Barbi running for her life!

AGAIN LOL!
Didn't take long for the irrational "woe is Alliance, lets ignore any thing positive for the Alliance and lets ignore anything negative for the Horde" crying to start.
05/24/2018 09:53 AMPosted by Metrohaha
05/24/2018 09:35 AMPosted by Eizzok

Warmode is just world pvp renamed to "option" into it.

I'm skeptical about islands...they seem like the legion invasion scenarios, just on islands.

I'll give you warfront though. That is new

Mythic pluses and world quests aren't new..

The point is that Legion spoiled us with a ton of new content and BFA new content just doesn't compare.

Yes, that's why I wrote what I wrote. The content from legion is transformative and isn't going away. Warmode is a new way to play the game and has all new rewards and achievements. It's an entirely new system.

Seems like you don't want to like this expansion out of the gate. What's the point in that type of pessimism for something you are paying to play?

If you liked legion systems, look at bfa as legion+.

There's nothing wrong with pessimism. "transforming content" isn't adding new content.

I really don't understand this blind support that people think they need to have toward video games. It's a product, blind support and optimism is all fine and dandy but it leads to a lack of constructive feedback and innovation.

Case and point - WoD had the lowest subscription base in the history of wow, blizzard reacted and came out with legion which was packed with new and fresh ideas.

When you pay 50 dollars for a new expansion, and then drop another 15/month for 2 years paying about 400 dollars on average for it, it's ok to have an opinion that's not positive.

I enjoyed legion because it brought new fresh ideas to wow...a game that has been going on for close to 14 years. and after 2 years of playing it I'd like to have some more new fresh ideas like warfronts...

world quests, mythic pluses, alliance races, warmode all seem new, but they are just altered from existing things. meaning we get to play those existing things for another two years.

the expansion seems like a lazy effort compared to the legion expansion and that's why i think i'll enjoy it less. I still purchased the game seeing as i'm posting on an allied race, because I support and enjoy wow in general since vanilla.

But don't sit there and tell me pessimism is a bad thing....
05/24/2018 10:06 AMPosted by Rahan
Didn't take long for the irrational "woe is Alliance, lets ignore any thing positive for the Alliance and lets ignore anything negative for the Horde" crying to start.

So it's not a problem that Alliance barely has any guilds left doing end game content right? That Blizzard going out of there way to make sure Horde stays on top has left the game in such an imbalanced state, that there's no Alliance guilds left in the top 100 for raiding, PvP or M+?

Let me guess, it wouldn't be a problem if every Alliance player just stopped playing forever as well right? In fact you probably want that, just like Ion does.
I'm going into BFA with a super casual and selective approach to what content to do. My only goal is getting a Brutosaur and using the communities feature we're getting to find like minded individuals who enjoy my same interests.

At this point, what we see is what we get, so I just hope you find something to your liking in BFA.
05/24/2018 09:47 AMPosted by Krothare
Or lets stick to writing. Like for example, how BfA opens up with Alliance losing four fights in a row then getting thrown in jail. Meanwhile, Horde gets to raid Stormwind and burn down a good chunk of it. Yeah, those poor Horde players suffering knows no ends right guys?

A lot of this stuff sounds really forced. "We will make you care!"

Will probably be met with a resounding "meh" outside of hardcore fan circles.
05/24/2018 09:31 AMPosted by Krothare

Yeah, lets talk about all the awesome end game content BfA has. The same content that will be impossible for Alliance to actually get into because there's no end game Alliance guilds left, all thanks to Blizzard hard-on for making sure Horde stays number one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw3oSzxc5tU

Nice link, very informative. Thanks