I really thought I would this time....

General Discussion
I've been playing wow since the release in 2004, and never... not once did I get a beta invite..... I really thought I would this time... I am well aware the beta is for testing the game, and providing feedback to blizzard regarding bugs, exploits, and so on. kind of sucks that despite having almost 14 years of experience playing wow, I never get a chance to help test the game... I don't know why it pisses me off as much as it does, all I can say it just makes me feel like I'm being ignored, and that my opinions and feedback matter to blizzard at all.......
You have a track record of not getting beta invites so I have to ask, what made you think you would this time?
If it makes you feel any better, I got a BfA beta invite and have never installed it.
06/07/2018 12:10 PMPosted by Funassassin
You have a track record of not getting beta invites so I have to ask, what made you think you would this time?

Your profile just screams "IMA TROLLOLOLOLOL"
06/07/2018 12:06 PMPosted by Shrâken
I don't know why it pisses me off as much as it does, all I can say it just makes me feel like I'm being ignored, and that my opinions and feedback matter to blizzard at all.......

I really wouldn't suggest that's the case.

What is the case is that most of what they need testers for is the warm body type of thing. People from all over the world with all kinds of computers who will log in concurrently and then run through the quests. They'll invite more targeted people when they have something specific to test like raid content or arenas.

The first and most important thing they're trying to achieve? Is that the game loads for everyone, everyone can log in, and the whole kit and caboodle doesn't implode on launch day.

That's why random people are a good thing. Because they'll get a wide range of computer systems. A wide range of ability. A wide range of experience. Which gives them a wide range of people looking at everything.

It's the luck of the draw for most players. As long as you're opted in you have the same chance as everyone.