Lady Thrall: Super Bloodthirsty!

Story Forum
Prev 1 7 8 9 12 Next
06/08/2018 10:08 AMPosted by Hrundi
I know right. I couldn't help but notice the double standards. I guess when an Orc does it it's perfectly fine but when Sylvanas wants to go bring death upon Alliance then it's not fine
I haven't seen any Hordies complain about what she does to the Alliance. (outside of the quest where she ordered the murder of children anyway)

False equivalence.
06/08/2018 09:36 AMPosted by Kaldarak
I don't know, man. I'm not sure I want to be part of a group that routinely shoots itself in the foot and then cries about it.

I think those are the same people who are fine with Sylv.

This is the problem, Blizz doesn't understand how to balance the two parts of the Horde.

The Honor and the EEEEVIL.
I just look at Sylvanas objectively. Some people want to experience a role wherein they get to be pointlessly sadistic and cruel. The Forsaken offer that experience. I don't care if Sylvanas is cruel within reason, but killing children (and ordering us to kill children) paints us all as child killers.

It's when she orders us to behave like the Forsaken, and she murders her own troops to turn them into her permanent slaves, that I take issue.
06/08/2018 10:01 AMPosted by Samariyu
Side note, do people actually feel that Geya'rah wanting to stomp draenei face is a villain bat?

While I can't speak for others I'll say that for myself, no Geya'rah has substantial experiences to hate the Draenei at face value. This is a trait that needs to be handled carefully so naturally I think Blizz will screw it up and completely mishandle the character.

My personal beef is with the scenario in its entirety. Its lazy !@#$ty writing shot out without any critical thinking in order to give the Horde AU Orcs without needing to put any thought into it.

The entirety of the AU Draenei didnt need to be turned into zealots to paint them as menacing, nor did they need to be turned into one dimensional villains.

The Orcs did not need to be turned into the biggest hypocrites in WoW history by following Grom and Durotan didnt need to die off screen to play up the Draenei threat

Additionally, I personally don't have a problem with Blizz pushing that the light can be evil, my problem is that Blizzard has all the subtlety of a bull in a China shop and the creativity of a monkey with a laptop.

X is corrupted by Y and is now slaughtering Z has been done over, and over, and over, and over again since WC2 it's boring, its played out, and its lazy.
06/08/2018 10:03 AMPosted by Vildaryon
06/08/2018 09:46 AMPosted by Samariyu
Why would I cry about purging the draenei?

Don't you routinely complain that the Horde are the bad guys? Yet you seem to want to play bad guys. It seems like cognitive dissonance. Isn't that why you're nobly unsubbed because Sylvanas is evil now and you hate it, or what?
This is a lie. I routinely complain about stupid character actions or ooc. I've called Sylvanas evil for years. I'm not angry when she's evil. I'm angry when she's stupid evil to a point of character assassination. I'm not unsubbing because Sylvanas is doing bad things. I'm unsubbing because I'm sick of Blizzard as a company.

But to the point, the draenei purge comment is only about a third serious. I have no problem with Geya'rah wanting the draenei dead because it makes perfect sense with her backstory. Just as I have no problem with the worgen wanting the Forsaken dead because it makes sense with their backstory.

I hated Sylvanas killing her own citizens as she did because it was done in an uncharacteristic fit of paranoia at the mere mention of "Menethil." She didn't even freak out that hard when the actual Arthas was around. Had she killed the obvious defectors for defecting, then led an inquisition on those who returned, purging the disloyal after questioning, that would be fine. But she just had a panic attack and killed everyone.

I don't think I've complained once about Blighting the Alliance. I'm fine with BfL. I'm even fine with the raising of Horde skeletons. Not because I don't think it's evil, but because it makes sense to the characters and in the situation.

I don't have a problem with evil. I have a problem with stupid evil.

Why must I always be forced to defend my honor so?
Lady Thrall sounds like my kind of woman.
Side note, do people actually feel that Geya'rah wanting to stomp draenei face is a villain bat?

No, but people are acting like Yrel going full crusade on the Orcs is Villain bat so anything is possible.
06/08/2018 10:36 AMPosted by Echori

No, but people are acting like Yrel going full crusade on the Orcs is Villain bat so anything is possible.

It's a villain bat inasmuch as the way its depicted it's as if her personality did a 180 once the Naaru showed up. She refers to Grom as an old friend, theres no indication that any Draenei even held the slightest grudge against the Orcs for their attempted Genocide.

It's the Draenei being corrupted by the Light and are now crusading/slaughtering the Orcs. Its single handedly the laziest and most boring route the could have possibly taken.

I guess I can sorta see how Yrel going Charlemagne is a villain bat, but really I'm fine with both.

Speaking of purging the unclean, are we going to see these new sexy savage sentinels bath in the blood of their enemies throughout Tirisfal and Ashenvale for the duration of the faction war?
Maybe they can do Garrosh right this time with SheThrall.

I hope she makes a second path of Glory. Those heretical space goats have been corrupting the proper worship of the Light with their face tentacles and wind chimes.
06/08/2018 10:22 AMPosted by Samariyu
This is a lie. I routinely complain about stupid character actions or ooc. I've called Sylvanas evil for years. I'm not angry when she's evil. I'm angry when she's stupid evil to a point of character assassination. I'm not unsubbing because Sylvanas is doing bad things. I'm unsubbing because I'm sick of Blizzard as a company.

Okay, even you aside, that applies to almost every responder to this with YASSS QUEEN.
Because it is a villain bat for Yrel, the character did a complete 180 in attitude just because some windchime said "Mah light, must urr der kill da orcs"
06/08/2018 10:46 AMPosted by Karestae
Because it is a villain bat for Yrel, the character did a complete 180 in attitude just because some windchime said "Mah light, must urr der kill da orcs"

This didn't happen. The Light told them to convert those who would be converted, and kill those who would not. It's not killing Orcs for vengeance, or for its own sake.
06/08/2018 10:40 AMPosted by Samariyu
Speaking of purging the unclean, are we going to see these new sexy savage sentinels bath in the blood of their enemies throughout Tirisfal and Ashenvale for the duration of the faction war?

I'd love to see that. I want the Horde stepping into Ashenvale to be like Vietnam if there a bunch of Predators running around.

It's totally within her character to go Lux Vult on Draenor. She believes that she's bringing civilisation to the smelly natives. Plus, her gods told her to do it. The Orcs did that same thing in real Draenor.
06/08/2018 10:47 AMPosted by Vildaryon
This didn't happen. The Light told them to convert those who would be converted, and kill those who would not. It's not killing Orcs for vengeance, or for its own sake.
Still doesn't change the fact she got villain batted just so the orcs could look good in their recruitment scenerio
She only kills the ones who don't wanna be slaves until they die.

Shades of gray bro.
Shades of grey is the new expac buzzphrase isn't it -_-
06/08/2018 10:49 AMPosted by Kelrexia
06/08/2018 10:40 AMPosted by Samariyu

I'd love to see that. I want the Horde stepping into Ashenvale to be like Vietnam if there a bunch of Predators running around.
You know, I might be able to accept not seeing my goddess Maiev rip spines in BfA if it means her murderous soul can now be found in every naked night elf.

Have the savage elves finally returned? Is our long vigil over?
06/08/2018 10:52 AMPosted by Saehri
Shades of grey is the new expac buzzphrase isn't it -_-

It can fit in right along with #savage