Lady Thrall: Super Bloodthirsty!

Story Forum
Prev 1 8 9 10 12 Next
06/08/2018 10:47 AMPosted by Vildaryon
06/08/2018 10:46 AMPosted by Karestae
Because it is a villain bat for Yrel, the character did a complete 180 in attitude just because some windchime said "Mah light, must urr der kill da orcs"

This didn't happen. The Light told them to convert those who would be converted, and kill those who would not. It's not killing Orcs for vengeance, or for its own sake.

And here I thought we got rid of the Burning Legion.
06/08/2018 10:49 AMPosted by Kastrieren
It's totally within her character to go Lux Vult on Draenor.

It is absolutely not. There was nothing she did in WoD that you can look at and say what's happening in BfA is a logical progression of her character.

And what makes it worse is Blizzard's "explanation" is their same tired, worn out, and awful corruption storyline, this time with a yellow coat of paint. They could have easily said it was revenge for WoD but they didn't do that. They just used their same old fallback to make two-dimensional villains as always.
06/08/2018 10:53 AMPosted by Kelrexia
06/08/2018 10:52 AMPosted by Saehri
Shades of grey is the new expac buzzphrase isn't it -_-

It can fit in right along with #savage

https://youtu.be/3oEWA7UglB4?t=46
06/08/2018 10:52 AMPosted by Saehri
Shades of grey is the new expac buzzphrase isn't it -_-

Even I'm getting tired of seeing M O R A L L Y G R E Y every other post.

The #savage purple butts are eternal tho.
06/08/2018 10:55 AMPosted by Samariyu

Even I'm getting tired of seeing M O R A L L Y G R E Y every other post.

Didn't we have a hashtag for the end of War Crimes at one point as well?
06/08/2018 10:57 AMPosted by Anelaan
06/08/2018 10:55 AMPosted by Samariyu
...Even I'm getting tired of seeing M O R A L L Y G R E Y every other post.

Didn't we have a hashtag for the end of War Crimes at one point as well?
I honestly couldn't tell you. My meme knowledge only goes so far.
I'm now convinced that NuBlizz has an ostentatious top hat filled with folded up paper. On each sheet is a one to two word buzzphrase.

When its time to plot out a new expac someone picks a piece from the hat and whatever the phrase they base the entire expac around it.
06/08/2018 10:58 AMPosted by Saehri
I'm now convinced that NuBlizz has an ostentatious top hat filled with folded up paper. On each sheet is a one to two word buzzphrase.

When its time to plot out a new expac someone picks a piece from the hat and whatever the phrase they base the entire expac around it.
I propose #TentacleBonanza for the second half of BfA.

Has Blizz actually used the term morally grey anywhere? I only see the fans running it into the ground, not them.
06/08/2018 11:01 AMPosted by Reignac

Has Blizz actually used the term morally grey anywhere? I only see the fans running it into the ground, not them.
Ion said that Sylvanas and the Horde's actions in BfA and the leadup to it are morally grey when asked why they were acting so evil. This was after the Brennadam massacre was implemented, but before the changes to tone it down, so it was so ridiculous a statement that the community ran with it.
06/08/2018 10:54 AMPosted by Reignac
06/08/2018 10:49 AMPosted by Kastrieren
It's totally within her character to go Lux Vult on Draenor.

It is absolutely not. There was nothing she did in WoD that you can look at and say what's happening in BfA is a logical progression of her character.

And what makes it worse is Blizzard's "explanation" is their same tired, worn out, and awful corruption storyline, this time with a yellow coat of paint. They could have easily said it was revenge for WoD but they didn't do that. They just used their same old fallback to make two-dimensional villains as always.

"In the Light, we are one." -Yrel

Development of the Light suggest that they're as hungry for control as the next villian. It wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility if Yrel truelly believes that she is doing then a favour.
06/08/2018 11:05 AMPosted by Teilvia
Ion said that Sylvanas and the Horde's actions in BfA and the leadup to it are morally grey when asked why they were acting so evil. This was after the Brennadam massacre was implemented, but before the changes to tone it down, so it was so ridiculous a statement that the community ran with it.
Iirc, he also said WC2 was morally grey.
06/08/2018 10:53 AMPosted by Samariyu
Have the savage elves finally returned? Is our long vigil over?

We can only hope. It's the perfect opportunity for Blizzard to bring a harder side out of the Night Elves, but that doesn't mean they'll take it.

06/08/2018 10:55 AMPosted by Treng

That song always bothered me a bit because Jim Cummings does the singing voice for both Powhatan and Kekata, and they have two or three times when they have lines immediately after each other. Don't get me wrong, I love Jimmy, but he could have tried to differentiate their voices a bit.

I'm pretty sure some of the writers have said that Sylvie is being morally grey, but I'd honestly have to look and I don't think I can be assed to, honestly.
06/08/2018 11:08 AMPosted by Samariyu
So the man is clueless about blizzards own games. Gotcha.
"Sometimes I look at the draenei and wonder if there are bones in those fleshy face tentacles because if there are I would collect many hundreds and string them together into decorative strands that I would hang from our fortress walls so that visitors would marvel and say hey would you look at all those face tentacle bones I bet they were collected by a very very wise and talented orc and I would answer yes that is what my mother always told me.
I am sorry. Did you have a question?"

I'm almost positive that this line is not Geya'rah. It's probably from a Laughing Skull or Bonechewer Orc
06/08/2018 11:05 AMPosted by Teilvia
...Ion said that Sylvanas and the Horde's actions in BfA and the leadup to it are morally grey when asked why they were acting so evil. This was after the Brennadam massacre was implemented, but before the changes to tone it down, so it was so ridiculous a statement that the community ran with it.
He said both WC1 and 2 were.
06/08/2018 11:11 AMPosted by Teilvia
...Iirc, he also said WC2 was morally grey.

Ugh, I miss old Blizzard
06/08/2018 11:09 AMPosted by Kelrexia
06/08/2018 10:53 AMPosted by Samariyu
Have the savage elves finally returned? Is our long vigil over?

We can only hope. It's the perfect opportunity for Blizzard to bring a harder side out of the Night Elves, but that doesn't mean they'll take it.

06/08/2018 10:55 AMPosted by Treng

That song always bothered me because Jim Cummings does the singing voice for both Powhatan and Kekata, and they have two or three times when they have lines immediately after each other. Don't get me wrong, I love Jimmy, but he could have tried to differentiate their voices a bit.

I'm pretty sure some of the writers have said that Sylvie is being morally grey, but I'd honestly have to look and I don't think I can be assed to, honestly.
With Sylvanas at least, I think Blizzard is confusing moral greyness with moral relativity or perspective. They've made it clear that from Sylvanas's pov, undeath isn't a bad thing, casualties are inevitable in war, and horrific means are justified if it means getting results.

However, that's just her personal perspective. That's not moral greyness. A morally grey situation is one wherein the outside observer has difficulty determining the morality of a situation. It does not mean "they did terrible things, but they had a good reason for doing terrible things." Yet those terrible things were still done. Generally speaking, exceptions aside, we call that justifiable evil, not moral greyness.

Does this all make sense or am I just vomiting from my fingers right now?
06/08/2018 11:11 AMPosted by Teilvia
<span class="truncated">...</span>Iirc, he also said WC2 was morally grey.
Oof. Ion wtf.
06/08/2018 05:26 AMPosted by Syriyna
06/08/2018 03:28 AMPosted by Londic
Orcs never fail to disappoint, shes mad the Draenei were done with her orcish !@#$, so genocide is the answer for her. Is it fair to say at this point that maybe Orcs aren't heroes at all. And Orcish honor is a sham, how many times have they slaughtered civilians with glee, I mean how many times have they forgotten Loktar Ogre when their waagh peters out? Orcs just want to kill, maim and burn and when they are beaten they become depressed because they don't get to do that.

So when a race has tried to rob your people of free will and killed anyone who resisted, including members of your family, your a monster for being angry at them for it?

That means there are a lot of monsters in the Alliance.

The draenor orcs did that first lol?
Does this all make sense or am I just vomiting from my fingers right now?

I think you have the right of it. Just because two sides of a conflict have different perspectives on a conflict doesn't make it inherently morally grey. If Sylvie wants to be all blue-and-orange "Undeath is great" morality, that's fine, but it doesn't absolve her like the writers seem to think.