Warfronts Testing and Feedback

Battle for Azeroth Beta General Discussion
I am unable to click the table to que for Warfronts. I thought maybe its because I had not done the Battle for Lordaeron quest, which had been reset on my level 120 Pandaren Hunter. Turns out I can't even complete the quest because Nathanos does not spawn in after you do the scenario, making it impossible to turn in.
Hey guys, few additional clarifications for you from the development team:

In order to be eligible to queue for Warfronts, you need to be level 120, and have completed enough of the campaign to have unlocked World Quests. We're also working to make it more apparent when the Warfront is actually open, and what its current state is. We previously had Warfronts available starting at level 110 for early testing; that is no longer the case.

Also just to clarify an earlier point: each state of the Warfront should be active for approximately two days, but the exact amount of time can change based on player participation. We're not planning on accelerating that any further in the Beta for the time being, because we want to see how things work out on this schedule.

The feedback we've gotten so far has been very helpful, especially the points where the system seemed confusing or unclear. Warfronts are pretty complex, and one of our goals with Beta is to figure out ways to make them understandable. This is part of why we haven't directly explained too much about how they work; we want to hear how you experience them naturally, and where that experience stumbles, so that we can make it more clear. Keep it coming!
It would be great to have level 120 templates to test features like this inmediately. I really want to test Warfronts but I don't have a lot of time to level a character.
06/12/2018 05:18 PMPosted by Perle
It would be great to have level 120 templates to test features like this inmediately. I really want to test Warfronts but I don't have a lot of time to level a character.
Completely Agree, as the beta moves into testing the endgame stuff i.e 90% of what we will be doing this expansion, they really should add level 120 templates.
06/12/2018 06:32 PMPosted by Eadan
06/12/2018 05:18 PMPosted by Perle
Completely Agree, as the beta moves into testing the endgame stuff i.e 90% of what we will be doing this expansion, they really should add level 120 templates.

Especially when there is so many bugs currently which allows you to get to 120 and then not be able to do WQ anyway because you got no rep for an area or w/e.
Hey guys, few additional clarifications for you from the development team:

In order to be eligible to queue for Warfronts, you need to be level 120, and have completed enough of the campaign to have unlocked World Quests. We're also working to make it more apparent when the Warfront is actually open, and what its current state is. We previously had Warfronts available starting at level 110 for early testing; that is no longer the case.

it also doesnt make sense to have both the defeat the horde quest and make a donation quest at the same time, if the alliance is in control of it. you run around wondering how the heck am i supposed to donate?

Also just to clarify an earlier point: each state of the Warfront should be active for approximately two days, but the exact amount of time can change based on player participation. We're not planning on accelerating that any further in the Beta for the time being, because we want to see how things work out on this schedule.

The feedback we've gotten so far has been very helpful, especially the points where the system seemed confusing or unclear. Warfronts are pretty complex, and one of our goals with Beta is to figure out ways to make them understandable. This is part of why we haven't directly explained too much about how they work; we want to hear how you experience them naturally, and where that experience stumbles, so that we can make it more clear. Keep it coming!

the alliance quest [The battle for stromgarde] doesnt give you any details on what to do. just says beat the horde. unless you know what a warfront is, and how it works, you sitting there like, "wtf?" is it a dungeon, is it a battleground? how do i defeat them.

also. if the horde is guaranteed to win when they attack, what is the incentive for alliance to even bother queuing to defend?

side note: if you wanna make world PVP a thing, have city leaders drop loot, and come up with a way to reward the defending people for wiping the raid that tried to kill their city boss. [For The Alliance] and [For The Horde] isnt good enough, because once you do it once, you never need to again. also, if you do make this happen, make it so flying doesnt work in the city for the attacking faction so that they cant just fly right to the throne rooms.
06/12/2018 05:10 PMPosted by Lore

In order to be eligible to queue for Warfronts, you need to be level 120, and have completed enough of the campaign to have unlocked World Quests.

That would be fine if unlocking world quests actually worked in the recent builds. I leveled from a fresh copy to 120 in the last build over the weekend, completed all 3 zones entirely, and I'm still short a lot of reputation with Proudmoore Admiralty.

Anything else we should be doing to unlock this now? I don't see any way to increase my reputation at this point.

I know you probably can't really fix that retroactively even if you fix the rep gains from the Tirisgarde Quests, however maybe you can put some rep tokens on a Flaskataur or something so we can get going with this.
06/12/2018 05:10 PMPosted by Lore

In order to be eligible to queue for Warfronts, you need to be level 120, and have completed enough of the campaign to have unlocked World Quests.

I assume this will be something that only needs to be done on one character once this goes live and it will open them up for all characters like in legion with WQ.
06/11/2018 01:47 PMPosted by Ningpartos
Is there a limit to how much gold you can contribute at once? Could someone with a ton of gold just instantly finish the resource collection and flip it immediately?

It’s a daily quest and a set amount
Arathi/Stromgarde looks great.
I have been able to kill the world boss once with a group, but it turned gray and I got no loot. Today I went back and joined a group. We tested it in a small raid group, and it looked like it was staying red, but after we formed a large group, someone pulled it accidentally (I think) and I died. After that, it turned gray to me. Some of the others said it stayed red for them.

The dailies or smaller world quests there mostly seem suitable for small groups to farm, but there just isn't much available in the way of those groups, and no one is using group finder except a few stray people. I suspect the few guilds are doing their own thing, but I don't have a guild on beta. So it's hard and not much fun to farm.

I have never been able to figure out how to contribute donations, either when we own Arathi or don't. I don't see any place to do it. I can pick up the quest for contributions, but there's no way to exchange goods or money.
A continuing problem I see with this is war mode.

Some players enable war mode and some don't. When that happens you can't see the other person.

Example :

14 have war mode enabled while 6 don't. The six that don't can not heal,tank or do dps for the group.

This really needs to be resolved.
I have no idea how to run these. Are they the Island expeditions?
Played as Alliance.

Initially went to the lumbermill, collected wood and turned it in at the keep. Then went to the mine and could not find anything to loot - was unclear why this was. Assumed this was because I'd picked up an axe at the lumbermill and (I think) had a buff indicating so.

At Newstead, next to some of the farms/houses, had LoS issues with some NPCs in clear open spaces that shouldn't have had any LoS obstructions.

At the Circle of Elements some NPCs (sorcerers?) were in the air warping up and down, but still killable.

Was disappointed that death removed the Altar buff after spending resources for it.

Didn't know siege engines were needed to take down the gate at first. The Ar'gorok Mortar debuff is still on me after zoning out.

Damage output of NPCs seemed good in that: (1) I could be killed reasonably fast if not careful; (2) bosses couldn't be 2 or 3 manned; and (3) we needed to spam knights and have an elemental to really push at the end

Enjoyed the event but the threat of losing could probably be amped up. Felt like we'd always win eventually