Ret Paladin - Add Divine Storm to Art of War?

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
I like the Art of War updated. But feel the class still lacks some key AOE, could we apply that skill to Divine Storm? So then based on the type of fight we can call in one or the other?
Art of war is a proc for a generator not a spender, it wouldn't make sense to have it work for a spender. I know many people dislike that paladins don't have a rotation just for aoe situations, but not every class needs a full aoe rotation. If every class has a multi button aoe rotation it really doesn't give much flavor to the classes or helps with diversification.
We kind of used to have this, it was called Empowered Divine Storm. And absolutely it is something that we should get back, that ability was awesome! (It was a free divine storm that could proc and did 150% damage).

I don't fully get Compact's comment about how an aoe rotation doesn't give a class flavour. I think the opposite is true; having the same 4 button rotation that doesn't change depending on the situation makes the spec feel overly simplified and doesn't reward engaging gameplay.

1. Bring back empowered divine storm

2. bring back an aoe generator, preferably divine hammer

3. (optional) bring back final verdict as a talent, potentially replacing divine judgment on that talent tier (because FV was most fun when combined with DP).
having rerolled from ret because its boring, not bad, i can say that ret has decent aoe numbers, it's just boring as hell. it's only 2 target cleave that ret has 0 of. the amount of times ive maintained competitive aoe numbers on my ret and had ret paladins maintain competitive aoe damage against my dh is quite high, but there's literally no special quirk that makes ret enjoyable, and theres no such thing as 2 target cleave.

if ret went back to how it was in wod id be happiest, but id even take legion ret over bfa ret currently.

losing ranged divine storm, divine storm being a dps loss on 2 targets, having no other consistent aoe, being incredibly slow paced, having bad animations/spell sounds, and grievous amounts of rotational downtime pushed me away from ret for the first time since tbc.

We kind of used to have this, it was called Empowered Divine Storm. And absolutely it is something that we should get back, that ability was awesome! (It was a free divine storm that could proc and did 150% damage).
I know its been a while and was in the expansion nobody wants to name, but empowered divine storm was +50% dmg. Final verdict increased DS dmg and radius by 100%. These together made DS hit 150% harder.
Ah yeah when I say it did 150% damage I meant it did an extra 50. I miss it so bad!